Author Topic: Asche, Shannon IL.  (Read 2705 times)

tennesseetrucknut

Asche, Shannon IL.
« on: December 17, 2004, 09:29:47 PM »
They were a reefer operation. They had a terminal in IL and Fl. and then
somthin went way wrong. Done in a hurry. Whoops.

CAN MAN

Asche, Shannon IL.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 02:20:36 PM »
They hauled a lot of EXOTIC plants and had a good $ deal for O/O's

maniac

• Regular Membership
Asche, Shannon IL.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 03:09:30 PM »
Freind of mine was in the exotic plant hauling biz, grew to about 8 trucks till he got lowballed out of biz.
Armellini express out of south Jersey still in it pretty big I think.

Look here  http://www.armellini.com/welcome.asp

hawktow

achse
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 08:10:11 AM »
i knew of the company ,i heard that it had to do with a family member[wife , brother ]  taking money from co. and the father closed it down.

CW

• Regular Membership
    • http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/wendt.htm
Asche, Shannon IL.
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 11:37:54 PM »
If this is the same Asche we're taking about (Blue Pete 377's with blue and yellow stripes on the trailer), one of the children or a family member bled the company dry, basically stealing funds.  As hawktow said, Mr. Asche simply closed up shop.

pat

• Regular Membership
  • hi
Asche, Shannon IL.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 06:16:56 PM »
pictures help me remember. i remember now. one thing i mainly remember, is the 'class of19XX' on the tractors

filthy stinking rich. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

1truckingenthuiast

• Philippians 4:13
    • My Truck Photos
Re: Asche, Shannon IL.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 10:35:03 AM »
Asche had converted with AGC (AG Carriers) of Tavares, Florida. AGC is now Sunstate Carriers and they are still based in Tavares, Florida.

BigJohn

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 06:45:49 PM »
Well it was Asche and his wife that were doing same shading things and lost it all. The story was all over a few years ago, I read it in Transport Topics I think, I will see if I can find that article.

Ray F

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 10:41:19 PM »
Asche had converted with AGC (AG Carriers) of Tavares, Florida. AGC is now Sunstate Carriers and they are still based in Tavares, Florida.
Is this the same Sunstate or different  :? :? i caught this sitting in a Dirt Lot on 1/10/09  :-D

Chase

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 11:41:44 PM »
i remember that ashe outfit...i still see there old reefers from time to time

Dwayne

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 03:24:35 PM »
Here's an interesting article about Asche...

Class action suit filed against Asche Transportation

Jul 2, 2001 12:00 PM
A class action lawsuit has been filed against former executives of trucking company Asche Transportation, claiming that they and their accounting firm misled investors as to the true nature of Asche’s financial situation, thereby artificially inflating the company’s stock price.

Former executives Larry L. Asche, Diane L. Asche, Leon M. Manachos and Ernst & Young LLP are being accused of violations of Sections 10(b) and 20(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The lawsuit claims that these defendants’ issued a series of materially false and misleading press releases and filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

Asche Transportation, which filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection last December, has not been charged in the lawsuit.

A long-haul refrigerated carrier operating over 500 tractors, Asche weathered a rough year in 2000. In March of last year, former chairman and CEO Larry Asche and wife Diane Asche – his secretary and a company vp – were fired after allegedly misappropriating $1 million from the company. Then in April, the NASDAQ halted the trading of Asche stock.