If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Asche, Shannon IL.  (Read 3981 times)

tennesseetrucknut

Asche, Shannon IL.
« on: December 17, 2004, 09:29:47 PM »
They were a reefer operation. They had a terminal in IL and Fl. and then
somthin went way wrong. Done in a hurry. Whoops.

Hank's Truck Forum

Asche, Shannon IL.
« on: December 17, 2004, 09:29:47 PM »

CAN MAN

Asche, Shannon IL.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 02:20:36 PM »
They hauled a lot of EXOTIC plants and had a good $ deal for O/O's

maniac

• Regular Membership
Asche, Shannon IL.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 03:09:30 PM »
Freind of mine was in the exotic plant hauling biz, grew to about 8 trucks till he got lowballed out of biz.
Armellini express out of south Jersey still in it pretty big I think.

Look here  http://www.armellini.com/welcome.asp

hawktow

achse
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 08:10:11 AM »
i knew of the company ,i heard that it had to do with a family member[wife , brother ]  taking money from co. and the father closed it down.

CW

• Regular Membership
    • http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/wendt.htm
Asche, Shannon IL.
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 11:37:54 PM »
If this is the same Asche we're taking about (Blue Pete 377's with blue and yellow stripes on the trailer), one of the children or a family member bled the company dry, basically stealing funds.  As hawktow said, Mr. Asche simply closed up shop.

pat

• Regular Membership
  • hi
Asche, Shannon IL.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 06:16:56 PM »
pictures help me remember. i remember now. one thing i mainly remember, is the 'class of19XX' on the tractors

filthy stinking rich. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

1truckingenthuiast

• Philippians 4:13
    • My Truck Photos
Re: Asche, Shannon IL.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 10:35:03 AM »
Asche had converted with AGC (AG Carriers) of Tavares, Florida. AGC is now Sunstate Carriers and they are still based in Tavares, Florida.

BigJohn

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 06:45:49 PM »
Well it was Asche and his wife that were doing same shading things and lost it all. The story was all over a few years ago, I read it in Transport Topics I think, I will see if I can find that article.

Ray F

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 10:41:19 PM »
Asche had converted with AGC (AG Carriers) of Tavares, Florida. AGC is now Sunstate Carriers and they are still based in Tavares, Florida.
Is this the same Sunstate or different  :? :? i caught this sitting in a Dirt Lot on 1/10/09  :-D

Chase

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 11:41:44 PM »
i remember that ashe outfit...i still see there old reefers from time to time

Dwayne

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 03:24:35 PM »
Here's an interesting article about Asche...

Class action suit filed against Asche Transportation

Jul 2, 2001 12:00 PM
A class action lawsuit has been filed against former executives of trucking company Asche Transportation, claiming that they and their accounting firm misled investors as to the true nature of Asche�s financial situation, thereby artificially inflating the company�s stock price.

Former executives Larry L. Asche, Diane L. Asche, Leon M. Manachos and Ernst & Young LLP are being accused of violations of Sections 10(b) and 20(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The lawsuit claims that these defendants� issued a series of materially false and misleading press releases and filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

Asche Transportation, which filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection last December, has not been charged in the lawsuit.

A long-haul refrigerated carrier operating over 500 tractors, Asche weathered a rough year in 2000. In March of last year, former chairman and CEO Larry Asche and wife Diane Asche � his secretary and a company vp � were fired after allegedly misappropriating $1 million from the company. Then in April, the NASDAQ halted the trading of Asche stock.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 03:24:35 PM »