If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: What shows/trips are on your schedule for 2020?  (Read 667 times)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
What shows/trips are on your schedule for 2020?
« on: January 15, 2020, 06:41:47 PM »
Thought it might be fun to talk travel plans and/or shows anyone is going to this year, even if nobody has made concrete plans yet.

Feb: Flying into ATL over Presidents' Day weekend, planning on some railfanning for a day or two and also visiting a friend in Savannah.

Mar: Just registered for MATS and put money on a rental car and Airbnb so this will definitely be the year I make the trip out.

May 1st: Marked the Winchester Apple Blossom Festival antique fire truck display and rodeo on the calendar. Went there last year and it was a fantastic display of antique fire trucks and in-service rigs.

June: Marked the ATCA show at Macungie for June 19-20, definitely want to make that trip this year, but my main priority is scheduling a 2 week trip to Nevada-AZ-Cali. Just waiting on a quality sale from Southwest before I book my flight and make travel arrangements. Planning on scheduling that trip for Apr-July depending on prices.

August: Marked the Carlisle Truck Nationals on the calendar, but not making any concrete plans until everything else gets settled.

Maybes:
No date yet: The closest truck show to my house is the Outsiderz Show & Shine at Doswell, but no plans until my WC trip plans get settled. Last year's show was Apr. 27th.

No date yet: I've always wanted to attend the Dover AFB show but they haven't announced a date for this year. Last year's show was in September. And Joint Base Andrews isn't doing a show this year either.

No date yet: I've always wanted to attend Bowles' Farm Cornfield Cadillacs in Clements, MD but never made plans. Might plan on it for this year, but it won't be happening until October.

No date yet: ATHS Piedmont show, not gonna make any plans for a few months though. I'd like to go and hopefully get an antique LTL rig off the list.
Anybody else planning on attending a show or two this year?

Hank's Truck Forum

What shows/trips are on your schedule for 2020?
« on: January 15, 2020, 06:41:47 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: What shows/trips are on your schedule for 2020?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 07:14:47 PM »
Neat idea Brian. You should try to get to one of the NASCAR races (Dover or Richmond) the Thursday before the race. All the haulers come in for a wash & the area is wide open for photography. You'd have a ball catching all the different teams with no one around to harass you. ;D

I haven't made any plans yet but usually Macungie and the Gerhart show in Lititz PA in October are on my list. Maybe Kenly NC in early May for the show at the Petro. And if I can make any shows in Florida while i'm bringing cars back north I will try my hardest. :)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 07:50:58 PM »
Neat idea Brian. You should try to get to one of the NASCAR races (Dover or Richmond) the Thursday before the race. All the haulers come in for a wash & the area is wide open for photography. You'd have a ball catching all the different teams with no one around to harass you. ;D

I haven't made any plans yet but usually Macungie and the Gerhart show in Lititz PA in October are on my list. Maybe Kenly NC in early May for the show at the Petro. And if I can make any shows in Florida while i'm bringing cars back north I will try my hardest. :)

:D lol if only you knew Charlie.

I did the race haulers thing last year, on the same vacation I went chasing the NS Office Car Special. Shot about 7 of the Xfinity haulers, and I think I got all of the Cup series haulers that qualified at Richmond. Been sitting on the pictures for a few months now. I did mark it on the calendar for this year too because I'd like to go back and get all of the Xfinity haulers. Not gonna post anything until I get the Chicago trip shots knocked out as I'm in the midst of uploading those.

Huskidrive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 01:18:57 PM »
Macungie in June. Cortland NY for the Brockway Show in August...

When Twin Golden Huskies Pass You...... It's HUSKIDRIVE!

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 09:45:49 AM »
This is an awesome idea for a thread, thanks Partsman!

Shows I'm planning on attending are:

1. East Coast Trucker's Jamboree (Kenly 95) May 7-9. 8)
Last year was my first year, really enjoyed it, probably the best show I've been to.

2. Lester J. Brown Memorial Truck Show / Spencer Train Show, May 16.
At the North Carolina Transportation Museum (NCTM), which is a nice place to visit anyway, but the truck/train show on the same day is perfect!
Also, there's a great BBQ restaurant nearby (Hendrix Barbecue) that has some of the best barbecue I've ever had.  ;)

3. Also at the NCTM, the Fire Truck Festival, June 20.
I've wanted to go for a few years, hopefully it'll work out this time...

4. This one is niche: Towing Professionals of North Carolina Tow Show in Hickory, NC, September 19.

5. Also in September, though I don't know the dates yet, Brad Wike's Southern Classic in Lincolnton, NC.
Lincolnton is near Hickory, and I like the Hickory area, and there's a nice little campground we take our RV to, so it's a nice little weekend trip.

I'd like to go to all of these shows, but with other things going on, I'll be lucky to go to any. ::)
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 03:29:01 PM »
No prob Wreckerman, glad you liked! This will be useful for later in the year when the shows start coming around.

I just booked my flight to ATL today, not sure if I'm gonna go visit my friend in Hinesville first but I booked 5 days so I can spend a couple railfanning (and hopefully doing some truck fanning) in Alabama, I'm still trying to find CSX lines where they run old Y2K paint scheme locos.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 04:38:05 PM »
What a terrible year this is turning out to be. First coronavirus comes along and ruins everything, now everything is getting cancelled.

They just announced MATS is cancelled this year, so next year will be the year I finally see MATS. Can't cancel the rental car so I'm planning on roadtripping up to PA and possibly upstate NY.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 04:47:19 PM »
PA and upstate NY ain't a bad second choice. ;D I'm gonna be passing through Wildwood FL although it's a day before the show in April but hoping to catch some early arrivals.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 06:54:33 AM »
You should go to "Mercertown" while in Louisville.
See "Supertrucker Dan" on Youtube

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2020, 07:00:35 AM »
Well forget the 75 Chrome Shop show in Wildwood FL in late April. Just called them up & it's been cancelled. :( Also called the Kenly NC Petro and as of now they're still planning on having it in early May but that's subject to change.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2020, 07:00:35 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs