If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Western Star COE Info  (Read 343 times)

FireStar

• Regular Membership
Western Star COE Info
« on: November 17, 2019, 04:16:02 PM »
I'm doing a bit of research for a personal writing project, which involves a Western Star COE. The problem is I really can't find anything except for pictures and the odd 'did Western Star make this' or 'I found one' forum post. And there aren't many of those. And, I will admit, I am also doing this for my own pleasure of absorbing more truck info. Anyway, what Im looking for is some basic info. What model name were they given, what cabs were offered, what chassis/axle configs were available, interior options, exterior options, exterior options (including a list of paint designs offered). Thanks in advance.

Oh, a couple more things. Where could I find a Lund sun visor for a Ford CLT-9000, and where does one get an ATHS member number as I can't seem to find mine after buying a membership
If I haven't found it, I will. Believe me, no truck is safe from my eyes, Large or scaled.

Hank's Truck Forum

Western Star COE Info
« on: November 17, 2019, 04:16:02 PM »

JJG

Re: Western Star COE Info
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 05:19:15 PM »
I'm thinking the first one was around 1979 and I believe they went into the 90s without change. The cab was based on the White Road Commander of similar vintage, a grille change and  dual rectangular headlights was about it for the outer appearance. CAT, Cummins and Detroit would have been available along with the basic drive train options back then. I don't think I have a brochure on that one but you may find one on-line. If you check out images on a Google search, most of the common paint schemes are shown there and of course any fleet colour could have been ordered up.

Jim

JJG

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 05:37:05 PM »
Did you come across this in your search, quite a bit of info here:

http://hankstruckforum.com/htforum/index.php?topic=40519.0

Jim

JJG

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 02:01:22 AM »
You wanted colour info, it is a French article but hey, colours? Check it out:

https://www.franceroutes.fr/camions/1967-2017-western-star-a-50-ans/

Jim.

FireStar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 04:48:23 PM »
Hell, that's quits a bit of info. I'm starting to think, however, they only sold the modified sleeper cab. The paint schemes, oh, I'm glad you found that article. The thread, however, I've gone through a couple times, couldn't hurt to go through it a third. Thanks for the info so far!
If I haven't found it, I will. Believe me, no truck is safe from my eyes, Large or scaled.

tery

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 04:52:50 PM »
It was a good looking truck but you didn't see very many of them on the road .
__________ In memory of drivers __________
 Red Ball , Georgia Fox , Yardbird , Diamond Doll

JJG

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 10:41:14 PM »
It was a good looking truck but you didn't see very many of them on the road .

I agree, it was so much better looking then the cab they based it on, when they narrowed the windshield, skirted the lower cab and added the rectangular headlights, it made it look like a different truck!

Jim

JJG

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 10:52:30 PM »
Hell, that's quits a bit of info. I'm starting to think, however, they only sold the modified sleeper cab. The paint schemes, oh, I'm glad you found that article. The thread, however, I've gone through a couple times, couldn't hurt to go through it a third. Thanks for the info so far!

I do think only one sleeper cab was offered, I've never seen one as a day (slab)cab that I can remember. I think Canadian Driver Owner did a "Truck Test" article on one in the time they were out, maybe 1980ish, I have the magazine, I will take a look for it sometime this week. Glad to be help :)

Jim

navypoppop

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 08:28:01 AM »
I drove a 1979 Star in the early 1980's. It was surely one hell of a truck with KTA 450 Cummins, 13 spd. double OD, 4.10 diff. and more guages and switches than you could imagine. Some of the problems were wiring for the guages and extreme water leaks around windshield. Great paint schemes though.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 08:28:01 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs