If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Important Message from Hank  (Read 10966 times)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Important Message from Hank
« on: July 05, 2009, 02:18:04 PM »
Help Keep This Web Site a Free Web Site
Last Updated on : 07/03/2009 10:07:37
July 3, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you in the Trucking Industry?
Do you operate a Truck Stop?
Do you sell Trucks, Truck Parts?
Do you manufacture or sell Trailers?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking for sponsors for this site. You could get your business known or get more Internet exposure by advertising on this site with a banner ad.

These are the sizes of banners that can be used on my front page for advertising

For years now the web site been growing from a small hobby site to one that is close to 20 GB of images on the server. With this massive size and the popularity, this web site generates an emmence amount of network bandwidth or traffic. This means that I cannot host my site on any of the free web site hosting companies that are available. This is what has forced the site on to a dedicated server as opposed to one that shares a server with other web sites. Since February 21, 2003, I have had this web site hosted on a dedicated server and the performance on the web site is noticably faster.

Now with this dedicated server comes a new challenge. How do I continue to keep this web site from becoming a pay per view web site? I have been looking for sponsors and so far I have found some, but in order to keep the site on-line and to continue to keep the site free for all visitor, I am in need of more sponsors.

On my busiest pages, this site gets anywhere from 1000 to over 4000 unique visits per day. This is an excellent way to advertise your product or service and also link back to your web site.

It has always been my wish that this site remain a free for all to visit. I DO NOT want this site to be a Pay Per View or a Membership web site as some web sites are. This is history and it is changing so rapidly. Just look at Consolidated Freightways. Who would have know that they would never be seen again on the US highways. I am so glad that there were people out there who took pictures of CF's trucks over the years. Now at least we have a record of them for years to come, and this site has pictures to show to future generations.

I am receiving email from people looking for trucking jobs, looking for return loads, looking for a particular vintage truck, or parts for their truck. With the right kind of banner ad, you could get to possible clients that would not have otherwise knows of your services.

Because this site is mainly transportation related and primarily trucking, I had thought that asking for corporate sponsors from the trucking industry would be the best way because most of the people who visit this site are or were in the trucking industry. But I am also open to sponsorship from other industries as well.

If you are not able to sponsor, but may be able to continue supporting this site with donations to help defer the costs, even this can help.

If you are interesting in helping this web site stay on-line, please respond to:

Hank Suderman
Email: cdntrucky@shaw.ca

« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 02:21:47 PM by Rob Archer »

Hank's Truck Forum

Important Message from Hank
« on: July 05, 2009, 02:18:04 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Jimmy B

Re: Important Message from Hank
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 10:41:57 PM »
Can't help with any advertising, but sent a donation a few minutes ago. I belong to a paid subscription railroad forum that I enjoy, so sent an equal amount to Hank.

I want to thank Hank for having this site and forum! Rob, thank you for doing the moderating work too, and thanks to the other moderators; Hammertime, Werkhorse and Nate.

Jim Bryant
Reno, NV
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:44:08 PM by Jimmy B »

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 02:30:31 AM »
Thanks Jim for your donation.
I hope others can help in some fashion; the donations don't need to be large as every little bit helps. If you know someone who could be a sponsor please ask them.

Thanks
Rob.

bkentr

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 03:22:36 AM »
Hi Rob,
          Sorry I can't send money right now, as my dollars are harder than ever to earn, and easier than ever to spend.

At least I can send a heartfelt Thankyou for the work, time, and cost spent here at this site.

Thanks too for trying to keep a free site, and one that anyone, even kids, can visit.

This site is a great history lesson, and documentery of the life of the truck, and the truckers who drove them.

Makes me wonder if any trucking museum might help sponser.

kentr

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 04:39:40 AM »
Kent and all....please don't feel you are being dunned to send something because you visit. That isn't the case at all; if you can send something it is greatly appreaciated. However if you can't, thanks for supporting us by continueing to visit.
That is what Hank and I invest our time for.

Hi Rob,
          Sorry I can't send money right now, as my dollars are harder than ever to earn, and easier than ever to spend.

At least I can send a heartfelt Thankyou for the work, time, and cost spent here at this site.

Thanks too for trying to keep a free site, and one that anyone, even kids, can visit.

This site is a great history lesson, and documentery of the life of the truck, and the truckers who drove them.

Makes me wonder if any trucking museum might help sponser.

kentr

hwyhaulier

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 06:57:32 AM »
Rob -

Corporate sponsorship may not be all that tough of a nut to crack... I can think of several, tho they have pressing attacks of the blues account sales off goals,
would (possibly, quite strongly) entertain requests...

This one I have flagged, "I'll get back to you!"

BTW. On the lead page here, is it quite plain stating a "Send To" address, should one prefer to mail a cheque? Also, a note whether USD okay? Whether a
remitter ought to mark pay lines and amounts "USD" or "CDN"?...

.......................Vern....................

David K

• under payed over worked public servant
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 12:22:30 PM »
Rob

I am not a company  but  I was able to make a small donation this week.    I hope it helps.  This site is one of the highlights of my days.  I thank Hank for having this site and you for the job you do running the show. 

Thanks from Columbia Tn
David Kolak
everone goes home alive!

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 02:18:03 PM »
Rob

I am not a company  but  I was able to make a small donation this week.    I hope it helps.  This site is one of the highlights of my days.  I thank Hank for having this site and you for the job you do running the show. 

Thanks from Columbia Tn
David Kolak

David: Thank you, yes every bit helps.
Thanks for the kudos too.

Ray F

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 02:37:30 PM »
I sent in a small Donation about a month or two ago  :-) Im Hoping to send in another soon  :-D

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 03:19:22 PM »
I sent in a small Donation about a month or two ago  :-) Im Hoping to send in another soon  :-D

Thanks Ray.

pons

• Life is good
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 03:29:02 PM »
I've sent donations before and recieved a nice e-mail back from Hank. We need to do whatever it takes to keep this thing working . Thanks Hank :-D

James
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."   Quote: Yogi Berra

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 04:01:34 PM »
Well, I decided it was time for me to send a donation as well. After all, this website and forum is worth a few dollars for sure! Thanks Hank, and Rob, for doing all this for us fellow truck nuts!  :-D

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

pons

• Life is good
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 04:05:08 PM »
Well, I decided it was time for me to send a donation as well. After all, this website and forum is worth a few dollars for sure! Thanks Hank, and Rob, for doing all this for us fellow truck nuts!  :-D

Jan.

Just made one myself brother. Nice  :-D We have to keep this baby rolling........................ :wink:
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."   Quote: Yogi Berra

Sean

• Future trucker in America
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 04:16:52 PM »
Soon I shall be making a donation also....maybe soon when Double H Customs grow we can have a small advertisemnt on the website also  :-D But we need to keep this website up and going.....

Sean

-My baby, 1997 F250HD XLT, RCLB, 4x4, 7.3L Powerstroke.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 04:16:52 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs