If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New member-RPSman  (Read 196 times)

RPSman

• Regular Membership
New member-RPSman
« on: October 09, 2019, 12:17:32 PM »
Thanks for letting me join.  As the name implies, I was an RPS P & D contractor for five years at a terminal outside of St. Louis.  Also worked a short time for Airborne Express in MO before their buyout by DHL.  My interest is primarily regional parcel carriers such as Parcel Tek (Trans Tek) who went out of business in Colorado; and Eastern Connection parcel service, bought out by Dimac of Canada, then closed.  Also interested in LTL carriers as I was a shipping clerk at GE during the mid 80's, I used carriers such as Mistletoe Express, McLean, Consolidated Freightways & the old American freight lines.  In MO, they used to have 9000 lb express lines running out of towns such as Joplin, Springfield, Jefferson City, Kansas City, St. Joseph & St. Louis.  If anyone knows of that business, would like to talk to them also.

Hank's Truck Forum

New member-RPSman
« on: October 09, 2019, 12:17:32 PM »

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Re: New member-RPSman
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 03:16:14 PM »
How about Airborne before it was an express company?
Back in the 70's they were an air freight forwarder.
I worked for the company who were their Canadian agents.
My employer in those far off days, 40 years ago and more, was a company called Border Brokers Ltd.
They established an Air Freight division and would receive cargo from the US stations sent to YYZ.
I remember they had a strong station and sales force in MKE and handled parts for GE Medical systems and JI Case
who shipped out of Racine WI.

tery

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 04:21:52 PM »
Welcome to the forum RPSman we're glad to have you  :)
__________ In memory of drivers __________
 Red Ball , Georgia Fox , Yardbird , Diamond Doll

JJG

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 12:06:25 AM »
Welcome RPS, from western Canada. I hauled a little expedite at some point back east, the company was called Messenger Delivery Service (St.Thomas Ontario), I used to pick up at Detroit International Airport Burlington and Emery for Clark Equipment and some runs for Ford Assembly (Talbotville). That's the extent of my dealings with expedite.

Great group we have here, hope you enjoy!

Jim.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 07:14:56 PM »
Welcome aboard RPSman, always happy to have new members here.

DVE

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 11:28:40 AM »
Welcome RPSman, I was a contract mechanic for RPS and for FedEx Ground in Los Angeles Ca (LOSA 900).I was there for 7 years,  went to Matheson Fast Freight (small LTL company), then to ABX Air as a GSE mechanic for 5 years. After DHL pulled out of domestic air freight  I was layed off. Now I  own my own truck/trailer repair business.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 11:28:40 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs