If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: IH TRANSTAR EAGLES by Paul Kittle  (Read 200 times)

JJG

IH TRANSTAR EAGLES by Paul Kittle
« on: October 08, 2019, 12:19:14 AM »
Quote from Paul Kittle along with pictures he asked me to post

Here are 2 of my newest trucks,
International 4300, started with a Wiseman International 4200 that I lengthened the hood 10 scale inches to make it a 4300. Mounted on a modified Promotex chassis with scratch built Fuel Tanks, BatterBox, Bumper and Exhaust.

The second is a limited edition  1981 International 4300 Eagle Brougham that they made 300 of. Again it started out with a Wiseman 4200 that I stretched the hood 10 scale inches to make it a 4300, Modified Promotex chassis, scratch built Fuel Tanks, Battery Boxes, Bumper, Exhaust and Sleeper. I made my own Paint masking and Decals

end quote

And here is a brochure that shows where the concept comes from

.......anyone familiar with these trucks likely knows that and has seen both variants in the day.

Fantastic job on both of these Paul, they look like they just came off the assembly line back in the day. Any plans for a trailer or trailers?

Jim.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 12:34:38 AM by JJG »

Hank's Truck Forum

IH TRANSTAR EAGLES by Paul Kittle
« on: October 08, 2019, 12:19:14 AM »

Kurt_H

• Regular Membership
    • Trucks87
Re: IH TRANSTAR EAGLES by Paul Kittle
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 03:32:05 AM »
I agree with Jim, really phantastic.

Kurt

tery

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 05:51:18 AM »
I put some miles on a 4300 - it had a 903 V8 with two turbos (one on each side) they are set for 25 hundred but the man who owned it turned it up to 2,950 & a 13 speed direct (or under drive ) . That old girl would run , I was clocked at 89 pulling a tall tarped load of oak lumber in Montana but the State Trooper cut it back to 81 . (at the time there was no rural daytime speed limit in Montana but they had a 65 MPH night speed limit)
Great job on the models that's the way they're supposed to look  8)
__________ In memory of drivers __________
 Red Ball , Georgia Fox , Yardbird , Diamond Doll

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 10:40:46 AM »
Very nice....a 4200 in Arnold Bros colours would be cool. Do you remember a Canadian Road Knight magazine cover shot of a 4300 daycab with a big load of lumber?  I always thought it was a very cool looking truck. That might have been in the late 70's.

pete-man1229

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 12:33:34 PM »
 Nice job on the "cornbinders", Paul. Beautiful paint jobs! I was thinking about getting one of those Wiseman kits myself, but haven't done it yet. Myself, I have a pretty good-sized collection of 1/87 trucks and related equipment; probably 200+ (including a few unbuilt kits).  I'm kinda at the point where I want to do some custom paintwork like you've done; and also some kitbashing, eventually some scratch building.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 12:33:34 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs