If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Highway 401 Action - September 29 2019  (Read 389 times)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Highway 401 Action - September 29 2019
« on: September 29, 2019, 06:45:46 PM »
AS I have noted in other threads "Life" has been getting in the way of time for truck pictures.
Today though, I was able to get some action shots on Ontario's Main Street; westbound side (mostly) in Mississauga. I didn't shoot everything that went past - there were many plain white Cascadias and Volvos that I didn't bother with.
Today was the closing day of the 2019 Blue Jays baseball season; they did win but all that did was keep them below the 100 loss threshold.

So; Leading off today was a owner operator Volvo from Shandex Truck Lines from Pickering.

Next; a Cascadia from DFL- Dry Freight Logistics. I couldn't find anything about them but I will guess a Brampton based carrier.

Here's a load of "slinkies" from L'Orginal Ontario (east of Ottawa)

Another first time spotting for me is HQ Transport from Brampton

This fancy W900 could have been the shot of the day but he was moving pretty fast and I was lucky to get as much as I did. Looking at the picture it looks a little gaudy for my tastes but certainly stood out.

MexUsCan from Quebec with a Pete 567 went past next.

A colourful Volvo from Highlight Motor Freight was next.

A Peterbilt carhauler with a load from Chrysler Bramalea.

Two Kenworths from Express Mondor went past - I tried to get the whole tractors and trailer load of dump bodies on the first  :-[

and my camera was a little slow on the second one.

more to follow....

Hank's Truck Forum

Highway 401 Action - September 29 2019
« on: September 29, 2019, 06:45:46 PM »

JJG

Re: Highway 401 Action - September 29 2019
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 09:14:32 PM »
Nice update Rob, that W900L is a little off the charts for sure, does stand out and is a whole lot better then white aero trucks ::)

Jim.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 05:56:33 AM »
Nice update Rob, that W900L is a little off the charts for sure, does stand out and is a whole lot better then white aero trucks ::)

Jim.

One of those trucks that won't get lost in the truck stop for sure.

Seaboard Transport or Seaboard Harmac is a major transporter of gasoline and diesel products. Several of their B Trains went past including this Volvo.

Transport Nour is based in Dorval Quebec; it hauls dairy products, primarily, around Ontario and Quebec.

Lots of action in this picture; a container hauler from Carmel is being passed by a Volvo from Rosedale while a truck from Armour goes over the bridge to the eastbound 401 entrance ramp.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 06:16:16 AM by Rob Archer »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 06:11:21 AM »
The Road Link KW is a little over the top but still pretty sharp. :) The weather will be changing soon Rob so enjoy these nice days while you can. ;D

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 08:11:48 AM »
One reason I did have time for pictures was that it is too dry to work in the garden and cut the grass. I have mostly clay which is the prime ingredient for bricks so I'm looking forward to some rainy weather.

Now, here is a sharp looking rig - too bad about the dam* car but such is action photography.
Transport Alain Giroux from La Prairie QC.

Interesting looking website too ...it might be en francais.
http://www.trspgiroux.com/en/

Then; we have un autre Quebecoise...Transbois. That means, in my rough and ready franglais, Wood Hauler. According to their
website that's what they started out as. They also run flat decks to the USA

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 08:38:13 AM »
The last 2 trucks ae vey sharp.....I have seen both of those companies here on the east coast Rob. :) Just not the configuration of the B train though. :(

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 11:11:48 AM »
Your `` franglais`` is good Rob ;) ;) Transbois is a contraction for Transport de Bois a little bit like Alltrans or Transall in English.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 07:03:45 PM »
Your `` franglais`` is good Rob ;) ;) Transbois is a contraction for Transport de Bois a little bit like Alltrans or Transall in English.

Merci, Rene.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 07:42:09 PM »
Back to the more mundane....

Volvo from Sarai on the way to California.

RTL - there are several carriers with this as a name or at least initials but this one is from Mississauga.

Prince Logistics on its way to Montreal. I shot this one because it WAS in corporate white. They were more of a brown colour in the past so maybe Prince is the latest carrier to succumb.

Air Time Express - Road Link service going to ORD (Chucago) from YYZ (Toronto)

Titanium in a Peterbilt. Titanium was an all Volvo fleet since shortly after they acquired Muskoka Transport. They sold off all their old power through Ritchie Bros and ordered Volvos as replacements. Maybe it's an owner -op.

Panjaab was a difficult carrier to research. Google kept wanting to take me to Punjab, a region of India. Anyways this carrier is based in Rexdale which is part of the Toronto "Little India".

More Later.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2019, 07:21:26 AM »
This is "Later"

Here is a driver who must be proud to drive a Volvo.
The word VOLVO is on the sun visor
VNL 780 is on the tank farings
and VOLVO is on his trailer farings too.

Another set of Btrain gasoline tankers United Petroleum Coronado in charge

DBR Transport is based in Hamilton and Port Colborne. They have a sharp fleet and they still maintain a fleet paint scheme.

( I found a link to a thread from Sammy from TN for this carrier.)

IHAUL Trucking cares about your cargo if the slogan on the side of the trailer can be believed

Lots from IFS went past so when there was a Volvo other than white I recorded it's passing.

An older Kenworth T600 is soldiering on. I'm not sure what carrier but the license appears to be from Nova Scotia

Here is another from Nova Scotia - GTL is from Dartmouth and posted in honour of Wayne who is now in Nova Scotia.

American Mega Carriers operating in Canada.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 09:02:59 AM by Rob Archer »

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2019, 03:32:06 PM »
Ooh, lots of cool rigs here.
The L'Original KW is sharp, the 377 Car hauler and the 2 Mordor KWs are cool, the Alain Giroux looks good, too. 8)
The United Petroleum Coronado is a nice looking rig, and I quite like the T600, always had a soft spot for them.
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2019, 06:29:29 PM »
The final few....

Titanium sold off their power but they certainly kept many of the Muskoka trailers and still run them in the fleet.

Bourassa is one of the biggest fleet based in Quebec.

Andy is another Quebec based fleet. the name of the company - ANDY - is for the founder's daughter whose name is Andreea. She, although just in school, helped her father with the books and invoicing. She had learned English and French which is necessary in Montreal.

https://www.todaystrucking.com/andy-transport-a-father-daughter-success-story/

Finally; yet another Montreal carrier - who we have already shot - Prince Logistics who have a pink tractor in honour of breast cancer survivors closes out the September 29 401 action shots.

Then after getting packed up and just about to leave a KW T990 went past.
Always happens - best is after you have packed the camera away.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2019, 08:58:22 PM »
T990 Rob? haha I couldn't agree more on the best trucks arriving after you pack up.

Nice find on the pink Prince Volvo, never seen that before. Glad you got a shot of that Andy b-train too, I thought it might be the same one I caught but my unit # is 5211, that looks like 5226? maybe?  Saw quite a few Andy rigs but that Volvo was the only new Volvo and b-train I caught for them, that was at the Husky? stop in Hamilton next to the steel mills. Love the dump bodies shot from the first set too, I feel like that size dump bed is a real moneymaker based on how popular they are in Ontario. The Road Link W900 was neat too, I can't recall seeing a spider web grille like that before. Not exactly the coolest look but it's definitely unique.

JJG

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2019, 11:08:05 PM »
Pretty snazzy Volvo you caught there Rob, I like the Coronado tanker and the Andy is sharp too!

Jim

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2019, 11:08:05 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs