If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Lunchtime at My Overpass - 2019.  (Read 301 times)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Lunchtime at My Overpass - 2019.
« on: September 20, 2019, 06:53:27 PM »
I can't believe it...September 20 2019 and this is my first visit.
Things have not worked out for lunchtime truck spotting.
Nobody has cut the bloody grass or trimmed the bushes.

So; working on the better late than never theory here is what I saw on September 20 2019.

Leading off with a pair of Volvos - Freightlink sleeper being chased by a Wilsons day cab.

Skelton Truck Lines International straight truck that usually seen around hospitals, clinics and nursing homes delivering medicine and blood products.

An article about Skelton
https://www.trucknews.com/features/blood-thicker-water/

An unhappy little white car surrounded

Unknown Columbia

Gravel train....

Unknown blue Columbia

Walker Environmental Coronado

Unknown Volvo day cab

Penske Cascadia daycab

A sharp International from TTL based in Hamilton. There is no sign on this truck that Transforce has taken them over as of last year.

International daycab from TTR Transport.

Peterbilt with a B train from WJ Deans Transport headed east.

SUPERFAST!!!!  ::)

An appropriate vehicle for this carrier....

« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 07:20:43 PM by Rob Archer »

Hank's Truck Forum

Lunchtime at My Overpass - 2019.
« on: September 20, 2019, 06:53:27 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Re: Lunchtime at My Overpass - 2019.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 07:29:42 PM »
I empathize with you Rob, seems like we gotta take the weed whacker out ourselves if we're gonna do some action spotting from a clean spot.

Nice set, my fav is the Skelton straight truck. Never seen that before. The gravel train and the Walker Coronado are neat too, as is the Pete b-train. Also, I wasn't sure whether to mention this or not but I figured out where your spot is at and thought about doing a set there while I visited, but I passed because it didn't feel right.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 07:35:27 PM by partsman88 »

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 05:30:28 AM »
Where I stand isn't a hidden place. I think I got Googled a couple of years ago - the "Google Car" went past me. I saw that little Skelton earlier this month near the hospital where I was taking my wife for an appointment.

So; as we continue......
Here's another Transforce carrier....Normandin. I still see the blue KW's but White tractors with TFI swoosh have been spotted.

No Transforce Swoosh on this truck but since it is a CL700 Mack still earning dollars it deserved a picture.

More dump trucks - Kenworths are a popular choice for vocational trucks. One is loaded and one is empty.

This Kenworth is a visitor from south of the border. Leonards Express is a carrier from the Finger Lakes district of New York State. They serve "All 48 States and Ontario Canada" .

I haven't looked but Khanna Transport will be a Brampton based carrier.

So; I was wrong it shows Rexdale...which is right next to Brampton and north Mississauga all of which is little India.

I don't know anything more than what we see in this picture - an all black Freightliner with a tandem flatdeck.

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 11:22:09 AM »
The TTR Inter tractor seems to have some Penske flavor in it.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 12:41:23 PM »
Nice catch on the Leonards Express unit. I see them all over the place....Delaware hauling cans, on the PA Pike, I-95 from Mass down to Florida & just shot a FL Cascadia daycab in Darien WI 2 weeks ago.

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 12:46:08 PM »
I didn't know Normandin was now under the Transforce umbrella, I always enjoy catching them, distinctive livery and usually nice looking rigs. Hate to see that livery go. :P
The Mack dump is cool, tough looking rig, and the 2 KW dumps are both sharp. 8)
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 04:52:12 PM »
I didn't mean it like it felt like I was in the wrong spot lol, I meant it like it felt wrong to intrude on someone else's spot without asking permission first. Either way no biggie. +1 on the T800 dump, felt like they cornered the market in Ontario lol. And I hate to see Normandin fall victim to the swoosh. Still see them a ton down here but no swoosh yet.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 05:42:17 AM »
Moving right along.......
I'll call this a Wilson's Truck Line subcontractor. Food Basics is the Metro Stores low priced outlets and Food Basics trailers and Metro trailers are all the same fleet.

Not Sure ...who runs this Cascadia with pneumatic discharge trailer.

AIM Metals from Hamilton run this KW lugger truck with extra bins on the trailer.

From their website :
AIM Ontario provides superior service to the industrial sector. With a fleet of new Kenworth trucks, trailers, steel dumps trailers, lugger & roll-off container service, all industrial account needs can be met. Special conveyors, and custom fabrication services can also be offered.

Did I see a ghost? A Highland trailer being pulled by a tractor in Transforce colours but I never saw which carrier name.

Another "Not Sure" but it looks like a Loblaws trailer from the graphics.

Concord Steel must have been ;loaded pretty heavy as it wasn't moving very fast over the short hill.

Cascadia from NationWide Logistics on the entrance ramp to the QEW

It was followed by a Cascadia from Brookville Carriers. Brookville is a Transforce carrier but put in the Contrans Flatdeck group of carriers.

A Peterbilt with B Train is another unknown.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 06:39:06 AM by Rob Archer »

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 10:03:49 AM »
I spent a couple of days in the Toronto are back in '98 and caught a couple of these setups, both Autocars i believe.  Nice to see something that really hasn't changed over the years.

AIM Metals from Hamilton run this KW lugger truck with extra bins on the trailer.

From their website :
AIM Ontario provides superior service to the industrial sector. With a fleet of new Kenworth trucks, trailers, steel dumps trailers, lugger & roll-off container service, all industrial account needs can be met. Special conveyors, and custom fabrication services can also be offered.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2019, 02:12:35 PM »
Nice catch on the lugger truck, saw a few of those mostly near Hamilton but I wasn't able to get a clean shot of one. Also I didn't know Highland trailers were extinct, I swear I caught a couple of them going up and down the 401.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2019, 02:12:35 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs