If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Oldies.....Sometimes  (Read 339 times)

JJG

Oldies.....Sometimes
« on: September 02, 2019, 10:41:24 PM »
Going thru a box of old magazines, I came across this ad in Railroad Model Craftsman June of 1976 from Walthers', I know these are just paint scheme updates on an old classic, didn't so much remember that they were just "inked" and not the actual photo but ether way, interesting. I do have -or did have- an old Ulrich Mack COE, can't find it even after the move....must have got tossed out somehow!

Now, again, in RMC, this time August 1976, Athearn announces the all new Freightliner trucks..............I thought for sure they were released in 1973 or 1974 however can't find any announcement ads prior to this in my collection.

Does anyone know the year they came out?? Can't be 76! Either way, I remember being over-joyed and then even more impressed getting my first one, what a game changer in 1/87!! And, still putting them out today......in the revised re-release and VERY cool paint schemes etc. with the updated windshields and interiors being a big bonus, wipers, mirrors, just cool and crisp as back then.....even better!

Note: wheels have been removed already as this one is getting/has been updated, they do come with new tooling Alcoa wheels tires that are quite nice

Jim.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 12:25:36 AM by JJG »

Hank's Truck Forum

Oldies.....Sometimes
« on: September 02, 2019, 10:41:24 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

chuckyr

• Regular Membership
Re: Oldies.....Sometimes
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 04:00:35 PM »
Isn't it something that this 50 year old model technology is still consider state of the art in some ways. 

Don't you wish some model manufacturers would come out with some model subjects with advanced model making manufacturing techniques based on these old beauties?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 04:28:50 PM by chuckyr »

JJG

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 11:26:57 PM »
Absolutely!!

They're out there, Trainworx is one that has great detail, Lonestar Models,  just need to get some HO scale trucks going to compliment the trailers. In the car/pickup truck segment there are several too.......just keep em coming! :)

Jim.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 11:26:57 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs