If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: PFG-Transco??  (Read 312 times)

Ray F

PFG-Transco??
« on: August 19, 2019, 06:20:19 PM »
Hey Guys I've been out of the trucking loop for a bit and decided to go do a little truck spotting earlier  ;D

I Noticed a New Cascadia MkII for Performance Food Group earlier with the PFG Transco  ??? name on the doors. Can someone fill me in on the back story on this?

Is this the same Transco that hauls for McLane Distribution ???  Did Transco buy out McLane and PFG  ???

Also I have mention the Fact the Cascadia was sporting those Flow below Aero Kit covers (I forget what they are called) First time I've seen PFG running those  :o ;)

Hank's Truck Forum

PFG-Transco??
« on: August 19, 2019, 06:20:19 PM »

DonRobbie

Re: PFG-Transco??
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 08:14:57 PM »
All the PFG stuff is run under the Performance Transportation DOT# and says Performance Food Group on the cab door. PFG is still mostly owned by Blackstone, though there was an IPO and they are slowly exiting their position. I work for the Foodservice side (Red and White trailers) but I think Customized (Red White and Blue Trailers) is the same deal.

The specs vary for the trucks a bit from Opco to Opco. The way it was explained to me, each Opco runs as its own standalone business so if Blackstone ever wanted to they could sell off an individual unit with a minimum of disentangling.

As I understand corporate insists on a few things but allows for a fair bit of choice. The house I'm at runs almost all Cascadias and Great Danes, the house I was transferred from runs almost all M2s (formerly was all IH before the Maxxforce episode) and Utility trailers, there's another house that overlaps with our territory that runs Kenworth T680s. As long as you're buying it through corporate and they get their cut they really don't care what you spec. Things get even more jumbled when the equipment that was acquired through acquisitions is mixed in. Down in Texas they have some long nose petes that were part of a fleet they bought up.

Hank's Truck Forum

Re: PFG-Transco??
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 08:14:57 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs