If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Partsman's Other Thread  (Read 301 times)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Partsman's Other Thread
« on: July 11, 2019, 04:57:10 PM »
As a couple of you know I have many interests beyond just trucking, transportation in general has always had my eye. And since I don't want a bunch of different threads for all my various interests, I'd like to use one thread to keep track of everything.

With all that being said, my first shot in here will be one that took me 4 years to get. I enjoy aviation photography as well, and in honor of the McDonnell-Douglas MD80's impending retirement (Delta and American Airlines are the only two major NA carriers still using them, Delta is schedule to retire theirs in 2020 and American Airlines will retire their classic aluminum-bodied jets on Sept. 4th) I want to share my first shot of one of these, and hopefully not my last as I am flying to Dallas at the end of August to get a few more shots before they all disappear. I waited too long to get the shot and I ended up driving to Raleigh on a whim the weekend before the 4th of July to get a shot, as these are no longer visiting VA.

Charlie when we spoke earlier this is the plane I mentioned. AA had 300+ of these in service as of 2007, in July 2019 that number is around 28. On Sept. 5th that number will be 0 if AA's plan goes accordingly. This one is N979TW, delivered in 1999 and headed to a boneyard in 2 months.

Hank's Truck Forum

Partsman's Other Thread
« on: July 11, 2019, 04:57:10 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs