If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Saia Breakbulk- Harrisburg  (Read 417 times)

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
Saia Breakbulk- Harrisburg
« on: June 28, 2019, 02:06:48 PM »
Saia moved into 80 Roadway Dr. in Carlisle which was previously YRC's dock for their city operation. When they restructured to have Hagerstown, MD as a breakbulk again, they sold the back dock to Saia. They moved in here after starting up here in Mount Joy, PA. I really built up my Saia collection and they don't appear to run used power or junk these days!

Updated 8/10/2018

Hank's Truck Forum

Saia Breakbulk- Harrisburg
« on: June 28, 2019, 02:06:48 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Re: Saia Breakbulk- Harrisburg
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 04:50:59 PM »
I've been seeing a ton more Saia down here now, and they are definitely running a modern fleet compared to their competitors. YRC in particular is still running beat-to-shit old Sterlings and Volvo's, I know elsewhere they've been getting newer equipment but it hasn't happened here yet.

I like your set Greg, the clear favorite for me is the new tandem drive Volvo, haven't seen those on the road yet. It's hard finding a sleeper tractor for Saia down here.

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 05:48:09 PM »
I've been seeing a ton more Saia down here now, and they are definitely running a modern fleet compared to their competitors. YRC in particular is still running beat-to-shit old Sterlings and Volvo's, I know elsewhere they've been getting newer equipment but it hasn't happened here yet.

I like your set Greg, the clear favorite for me is the new tandem drive Volvo, haven't seen those on the road yet. It's hard finding a sleeper tractor for Saia down here.
YRC is updating. Im about 50/50 on junkers and new equipment in my photos from this year.

Im not sure where your closest breakbulk would be, but if you want to catch anything and everything your best bet is to find the hubs!

Updated 8/10/2018

roogie

• Use your head, wear a helmet.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 08:18:42 AM »
I like the minimal chrome on the new tractors, especially the grills.

roog

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 09:33:26 AM »
I like the whole set & really like your picture taking place Greg. 8) A great place what with all the truck stops in the area & it being a junction of I-76 & I-81.....I've never spent more than 10 minutes or so around there but never leave empty handed. ;D Most of my SAIA pics have come from trips down south prior to 2018 so i'm happy they finally got into the northeast and are a bit more local. :)

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 11:42:50 AM »
I like the whole set & really like your picture taking place Greg. 8) A great place what with all the truck stops in the area & it being a junction of I-76 & I-81.....I've never spent more than 10 minutes or so around there but never leave empty handed. ;D Most of my SAIA pics have come from trips down south prior to 2018 so i'm happy they finally got into the northeast and are a bit more local. :)
Thanks Charlie. Their terminal in Cinnaminson is rather small so their presence isn't as strong but it is noticeable. Out there it's a little bit of everything!

Updated 8/10/2018

hwyhaulier

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 12:50:36 PM »
Greg - Lodge Members -

Here a spotting report from Harford County in Northeast MD. Your writer very
much surprised to see SAIA equipment coming thru here. In these instances,
usually a day cab and a full length dry van. Very snappy looking equipment.
May we suppose these moves from Carlisle PA base? (Else, Cinnaminson NJ
simply does not make sense.) There may be a small terminal in Baltimore
area, but would need to check the SAIA site.

The new three axle sleepers provide clues on SAIA operations strategies.
BTW. SAIA does have a location at Laurel MD (See its site)

Vern
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 01:02:40 PM by hwyhaulier »

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 12:50:36 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs