If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: CH Robinson Container Images - MikeBerka, MikeC, etc...anyone have any?  (Read 371 times)

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
I'm looking for really good quality photos of CH Robinson containers, preferably that the fine photographers of this page have taken, because lets be honest, you guys know how to take pictures at the right angles, etc. 

Reason why I'm looking, I started a new job with CH Robinson, and I'd love to use an image of a CH Robinson container, with your permission of course, on my LinkedIn page as the main image at the top of my LinkedIn profile.

If anyone happened to catch two CH Robinson containers double stacked in one photo, that would be the pinnacle of photos. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

Hank's Truck Forum

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
I don't see my name in your list but here...on a CP train last year.

Use it if you can and want.
Permission granted.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
I might have a shot or two of one but I'd have to dig through the archives, for some reason they're a really hard container to pull down. This comes from someone who loves shooting 53' cans btw.

Just curious why you took a job with them? Is there any terminal where they have a big presence? I've cruised past terminals up and down the entire east coast, from the NE in Ohio to PA, out to Chicago and as of this last week Detroit, and I really have yet to find any terminal where they have more than one or two floating around. Seems CSX is their carrier too, I've yet to see one on a NS train.

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
As I'm sure most of you know, CH Robinson is a 3PL/broker...that is their main bread and butter and they lead the world in that industry.  I've been told, the only reason CH purchased their own containers was for market share.  Basically, in the past, because they didn't have their own containers/equipment, their shipments were being put at the back of the line from a Rail Movement Priority standpoint, and the only way to overcome that, was to have their own equipment.  I believe the number I've heard is somewhere around 2,000 containers CH owns, with a Trailer SCAC of RBTU.

I was in the truckload sector for 12yrs in IT, and with the rising cost of health insurance and my quest for more knowledge, change of pace, I took a very similar IT position at CH Robinson.  Everything about CH vs my previous job is leaps and bounds better, the culture is fantastic there.  I've been there for just under a month, and it seems to be a really great organization!

Rob, thanks for permission, I'll post a screenshot of my LinkedIn profile once I change it up so you all can see what came to fruition.  :)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Oh I didn't know that 3PL/brokerage was their main bread and butter, I thought they were just some small time can operation lol. Thanks for the background on them.

Hope everything works out for you there, the initial impression seems to be you found a good company to work for.

Mike Berka

• J B Hunt fan since 1992. Swift fan since 2005.

Container 531337 was manufactured by Singamas, in April 2017.

Ruffin51

• Regular Membership
    • CONTAINERIZATION
I see them here and there on the BNSF, but I don't believe I've ever seen two stacked on top of one another in a well car. For what it's worth, I see a ton of 53' cans in Chicagoland daily and I have been living near BNSF Cicero for the last several months, and I see the CH cans, but as others have mentioned they are somewhat uncommon.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Oh I didn't know that 3PL/brokerage was their main bread and butter, I thought they were just some small time can operation lol. Thanks for the background on them.

Hope everything works out for you there, the initial impression seems to be you found a good company to work for.

You have much to learn Grasshopper. ::)
C.H.Robinson is famous in the trucking business.
Some owner operators think that the C.H. stands for Cheap and Heavy.

Hank's Truck Forum

Truck Driving Jobs