If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: My Flickr Page  (Read 1421 times)

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
My Flickr Page
« on: June 08, 2019, 02:10:05 PM »
As I said I would in the "Future of Hank's Truck Forum" thread, I have now set up a Flickr account, which will now be the only place online that you can still view my photos.  I just deleted my Photobucket accounts and my Slickpic account today, although it will be two days for Photobucket and 14 days for Slickpic until the deletion is final and the photos are removed for good.  This means that you will no longer be able to see any of my photos on the forum.  Here is the link to my Flickr page:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150341534@N05/

My Flickr username is SethS_99.  However, when I tried searching for myself in Flickr I did not get any matches; if anyone knows why that is please let me know.  Unless something changes with that, the link I gave is the only way to find my Flickr page.  I also just clicked the "follow" button for the pages of a couple members here that I know have some good stuff on Flickr, so I'm not sure if you can see a list of your followers, but if you can then those of you I followed will be able to find me that way as well.

I'm still learning the format of Flickr, and with all the pictures I have to post there, it will be a work in progress, but I will try to keep it updated here and there.  Although I took quite a few pictures in 2015, my page will only start with those I took in 2016, as I think those are so much better and I'm not feeling like sifting through the old ones right now.  I also have not decided exactly how I am going to do the descriptions yet.  Looking up the name of the company and where it's from for so many pictures would be such a painstaking process that I am thinking I will only do that for owner operators and small, obscure fleets, and have the rest in albums where the company and location is the album title.  For now I am focused on simply getting the pictures uploaded, which is really easy.  I uploaded a couple already just to have something there, although I'm going to be on a road trip in the next couple weeks so don't expect to see more in the immediate future; I just wanted to have this taken care of before my Slickpic would have renewed later this month.

And that's that... I won't delete my actual Hank's account but aside from answering any questions or comments this is the end of my activity here on Hank's, and the likely last I'll communicate with you guys as Flickr doesn't seem very good for discussions.  Take care everybody.

Hank's Truck Forum

My Flickr Page
« on: June 08, 2019, 02:10:05 PM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: My Flickr Page
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 05:18:47 PM »
Why delete your PB pics from the Forum? ??? I don't get that. :-\ The discussion aspect of the Forum is something I get a kick out of & is one of the reasons I won't join Flickr or something of that ilk.
Good luck on your choice & if you reconsider you're always welcome back here.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 06:31:50 PM »
Whatever..... ::)

tery

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 06:41:07 PM »
__________ In memory of drivers __________
 Red Ball , Georgia Fox , Yardbird , Diamond Doll

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 08:33:08 PM »
And that's that... I won't delete my actual Hank's account but aside from answering any questions or comments this is the end of my activity here on Hank's, and the likely last I'll communicate with you guys as Flickr doesn't seem very good for discussions.

What does that even mean, "delete my actual Hank's account?"  Why not chime in from time to time as long as Hank keeps this going?  This is totally non-nonsensical.

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 07:59:28 AM »
That was a bit long winded just to say you are bailing out brings to mind rats sinking ship.
Then you ask the troops for help you should have asked for help first before telling the troops
you did not want to know us. Any way good luck with Flickr.      Bob.

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 08:42:56 AM »
Why delete your PB pics from the Forum? ??? I don't get that. :-\ The discussion aspect of the Forum is something I get a kick out of & is one of the reasons I won't join Flickr or something of that ilk.
Good luck on your choice & if you reconsider you're always welcome back here.

Photobucket has been such a problem lately, the pictures from there don't show on the forum very nicely unless you have a paid account, so I wanted to be done with them for good.  And since I deleted my Slickpic (where my best work is) as well, for financial reasons, I figure I might as well get rid of the old stuff as well.

And that's that... I won't delete my actual Hank's account but aside from answering any questions or comments this is the end of my activity here on Hank's, and the likely last I'll communicate with you guys as Flickr doesn't seem very good for discussions.

What does that even mean, "delete my actual Hank's account?"  Why not chime in from time to time as long as Hank keeps this going?  This is totally non-nonsensical.

I believe I can delete by Hank's profile if I wanted to, but I have chosen to KEEP my profile and have no intentions of deleting it. That way everyone will still be able to see everything I have posted, minus the pictures.  So if I wanted to I could still chime in.  Whether I actually do is another thing, but at least I still have that option.

That was a bit long winded just to say you are bailing out brings to mind rats sinking ship.
Then you ask the troops for help you should have asked for help first before telling the troops
you did not want to know us. Any way good luck with Flickr.      Bob.

I announced my intentions to bail and use Flickr almost two months ago, in a thread titled "The Future of Hank's Truck Forum" under this same board.  It didn't get a whole lot of response, so I'm not sure how many of you guys actually saw it, or if you chose not to engage, or what.  But I gave everyone plenty of notice that I was bailing, and it's not like you've heard much from me in the past year anyways.  And I could have done what some do and simply vanished without any warning or explanation, and you would have no idea if I was even still alive or not.  But I wanted to explain why I'm leaving and show you where you can still find my work if you're interested.  And yes, I feel exactly like a rat leaving a sinking ship.  Otherwise I would still be active here.  There isn't much happening here anymore, and lately has felt more like a burden to try to keep up with posting like I had been.  I predict that this forum won't be around for too much longer, just like what happened to the main site.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2019, 09:07:20 AM »
The Forum will ba around for several more years; THAT'S guaranteed!
We'll have have to see after that.
Hank started his website.
Hank ran his website.
Hank decided he no longer wnated the time and expense of running his website so he took it down.
If you don't want to be part of The Forum - that's fine; that's your decision.

Rob.

I predict that this forum won't be around for too much longer, just like what happened to the main site.

JJG

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 01:24:58 AM »
I thought it was kind of redundant to comment on the your "announcing to bail out", it was /is your choice to do so, you don't need permission and I thought whatever, why get or ask feed back if you have no interest? I found it a bit insulting so comment was best not given, you ask again, here you go.

Jim

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2019, 04:39:24 PM »
Damn, I sure pissed a lot of people off here didn't I? ::)  To answer JJG, I guess it may not have been clear, but in the context of my comment about little response to my "announcing to bail out," I meant that I was not sure if many people saw it in the first place.  I was not in any way expressing disappointment, or asking for any comment on, about there being little reaction to my post.  If I was that hungry for attention, I would have made a follow up post much earlier asking if anyone had even seen the post.  I had said all I needed to say regarding my intentions to leave, so you guys wouldn't have any excuse for wondering what happened to me, and if you didn't care or wanted to ignore me, that's just fine.  You're right, I'm on my way out so why should I waste time worrying about that?

If you guys want to nitpick at all the nuances of the way I chose to leave this forum, I would be happy to play that game.  I totally agree with The Fugitive that I have a bad habit of being long winded, which I should have done better to suppress than I have.  Other than that, if we want to nitpick, I don't understand why it is that we are even having this discussion now, and not earlier in my other thread?  Seriously, the only new stuff in this thread is the details of my Flickr account, and that I just deleted all my pics from the forum.  Yet my bail announcement received minimal attention (which suits me fine), and now everyone gets angry?  I can understand why my opinion on the forum being worth shutting down soon is unpopular.  And I personally hate it when prominent members on a forum like this, or something similar, just completely vanish without saying anything, so to address JJG again, that is why I made an announcement.  Not to be insulting or to go out with a bang.  But again, why this discussion now?  I'm happy to have it anytime, but still.  All I wanted to do with this post was to let you know where you can still find my work.  If you're interested, then great.  If not, that's perfectly fine too, but Flickr will be my only medium for sharing my truck pictures going forward.  I understand that isn't everyone's preference, but some post their pics on Facebook, Flickr, or here, but not all in the same place.  You can't please everybody.

tery

• Regular Membership
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 04:54:23 PM »
Why all the drama ? Iowa80 you were a well liked and respected member . You have decided to move on . There is no need to trash our forum or to engage in arguments with our members . Good luck and Good by .
__________ In memory of drivers __________
 Red Ball , Georgia Fox , Yardbird , Diamond Doll

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2019, 05:05:34 PM »
Why all the drama ? Iowa80 you were a well liked and respected member . You have decided to move on . There is no need to trash our forum or to engage in arguments with our members . Good luck and Good by .
Well said tery.  :)

pacarhauler

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2019, 05:35:25 PM »
I use both Flickr and PB and I pay for both. If you check my Flickr page, you'll see I have everything arranged in albums. I use PB for photos that I don't caption just raw photos. I hope Hanks forum continues but you never know. I never thought the web site would go away.

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2019, 05:46:00 PM »

It seemed like things were rubbing off the wrong way to some, and I wanted to clear up any misunderstandings before I'm completely gone.  The comments about shutting down the forum is 100% my opinion, how I see things and what seems practical to me.  Of course, the actual decision on what to do with the forum is not my problem and I respect whatever Rob and Hank choose to do.  I wanted to say publicly what I would think many of us have given at least a little thought to lately, with the forum's days being numbered if only to get you guys thinking more.  But maybe I just think too much. ::)

It is nothing personal against any member here.  I really hate to go out in such a negative way, but the response to this post was unexpected.  While I have a thick skin on these things and I can understand being unhappy over me leaving and the general state of things on this forum, I still felt like defending myself against you guys taking things I've said the wrong way.  Otherwise, I apologize for coming off as hostile in even my initial posts on leaving.  Sometimes I like bluntly telling things like they are (or how I see them), and obviously that got me in trouble.  I don't at all regret the couple years I chose to spend here, but as I've spelled out it felt like time to move on, and I wish you all the best regardless of what happens to the forum going forward.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2019, 05:46:00 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs