If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Paint code  (Read 168 times)

Bgentry

• Regular Membership
Paint code
« on: June 07, 2019, 06:48:24 PM »
Hello all, I'm new to this board. I hope I'm putting this in the right thread. My question is, does anyone now the paint code of Transcon Blue? I am willing to bet there is a PPG code on it some where, I just haven't been able to find it yet. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hank's Truck Forum

Paint code
« on: June 07, 2019, 06:48:24 PM »

JJG

Re: Paint code
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 10:43:51 PM »
Have you tried calling a PPG paint store or agent? Ask about a fleet colour, give them the fleet name and see what they come up with.  I have a fleet colour book for R-M BASF but shows mostly Canadian fleets. If not listed, I can call the lab but only between business hours and would only get my paint line info.

Jim.

Bgentry

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 07:17:40 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I work for a paint distributor, we sell AkzoNobel (Sikkens, Lesonal, Utech) and Matrix. Truth be told our fleet colors are not strong. However if I had a manufacturer code or a competitor code I most likely could cross reference it. To answer you question no I have not contacted a PPG distributor. I have looked through a PPG fleet book, but I was not able to properly identify the color with. Once again thanks and any help is appreciated.

JJG

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 10:57:45 AM »
I will try on Monday, if I get a BASF # you might cross reference it, if I don't get that, I can try to call my PPG paint girl, she might have it. Is is from the 1980s era?

Jim.

hwyhaulier

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 11:26:14 AM »
Bgentry - Lodge Members -

Recalling the era? Is it possible that TRANSCON an early adopter in use of IMRON?
(Yes, it a more difficult coating to use, but...)

Vern

JJG

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 01:07:21 PM »
Bgentry - Lodge Members -

Recalling the era? Is it possible that TRANSCON an early adopter in use of IMRON?
(Yes, it a more difficult coating to use, but...)

Vern

Quite likely they may have, a big and great product of the day for sure!! What ever paint line they used, there should a number that will cross reference to another paint line.

Jim.

Wee Willy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 08:01:51 AM »
I got curious and found a couple Imron industrial colours that are pretty darn close.

Bottom of page, kinda hard to see, use zoom.
https://www.axalta.com/content/dam/NA/HQ/Public/GeneralIndustrial/Documents/Industrial%20Brochure%20Master_LR_.pdf

Blue

Blue
The first rule of the road is:
"If anything can happen, at any time, it will!"

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 08:01:51 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs