If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: MACK CRUISELINER NAVL  (Read 2322 times)

JJG

MACK CRUISELINER NAVL
« on: February 10, 2019, 01:31:28 PM »
The Mack Cruiseliner was produced from 1974 -1984, in a 10 year span there were lots of them around. This is s build of a resin cab -seems to be a casting of the Play Art die cast toy, I had some originals around, even built them up but since I moved, can't seem to locate them. This one started sometime ago, with the blue/white applied and a clear coat, it needed a divisional stripe added, so, to begin with, here is the cab, clear slightly sanded, masked and ready to apply what ended up to be black. I thought I had taken pictures of that process but went back to my archives to 2016 and still didn't fine anything so maybe not then.

de-masked and set up on a Herpa ConCor chassis from a Freightliner COE, the resin air intake and stack -not on the die cast toy- are positioned to the chassis and the cab mounts installed

not sure if these tanks will be used but the build continues

I have a North American 48' Electronics Exibit drop frame van somewhere in my stash, haven't found it back yet either, when I do, it is the trailer to be mated to this Mack.

Jim.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:36:21 PM by JJG »

Hank's Truck Forum

MACK CRUISELINER NAVL
« on: February 10, 2019, 01:31:28 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

tery

• Regular Membership
Re: MACK CRUISELINER NAVL
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 01:44:59 PM »
Nice paint  8)
__________ In memory of drivers __________
 Red Ball , Georgia Fox , Yardbird , Diamond Doll

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 01:53:44 PM »
I climbed up on the Cruiseliner that was at the Mack Museum in PA about 6 months after i'd had a quadruple bypass back in 2006. Thought it was a good idea....then I thought they might have to call the Fire Department to get me down. ;D It sure was high up there. :o

Kurt_H

• Regular Membership
    • Trucks87
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 07:28:54 AM »
I like Cruiseliner models and your paint pattern looks very good. Among the truck models I built in the last years are four Cruiseliners.

Kurt

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 07:00:20 PM »
S**t!
I was just going to go to the main webpage and see what was on there.
Not planning a drom for it?
I'll have to find the archives and scan something but I only recall getting one Cruiseliner and that was for Display Transport.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 07:23:07 PM »
NAVL COE paint

Cruiseliner

chuckyr

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 07:49:09 PM »
I have a Cruise Liner from the Narwag.  It is rather detailed with a detailed Mack engine. Can't wait to see your's completed.

tery

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 05:42:09 AM »
I was only in a Mack Cruiseliner one time . As I remember the dog house was low and seemed larger then other cabovers .
__________ In memory of drivers __________
 Red Ball , Georgia Fox , Yardbird , Diamond Doll

DVE

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 10:56:55 PM »
I have 2 of the Playart  Cruiseliners in diecast.  I like the resin one also and the paint scheme you selected.

JJG

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 01:00:26 AM »
Thanks everyone for all the comments so far!

They do sit quite high Charlie.

I drove a Cruiseliner on a few trips, Cummins powered though but overall a pleasant truck, not quite as warm as my Freightliner COE I usually drove.

Charles, have you started your Cruisliner yet, can't say I am familiar with the Narwag one.

Rob, that is a classic mover for sure, looks like he was on with Atlas Van Lines prior to this gig, either way, that colour works just as well for NAVL. That one below is actually an MH, or commonly referred to as an Ultraliner. I'm guessing a 90's vintage looking at the air dam on it! I think it debuted in 1981.

OK, onward! I decided to take the tanks off and add A-Line fuel tanks along with the now installed kit supplied battery box/air tanks. She's gonna be able to do some serious truckin between fuel stops

bumper mocked up, may have to plane off a little yet for a tighter fit

I found my trailer meantime.........looks like ConCor missed the mark on the shade of blue, IIRC NAVL was always a similar shade of blue selected for the tractor? Not sure what to do about that yet!

Jim.

DVE

• Regular Membership
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 12:45:21 PM »
I agree I have the Con Cor  North American and it's very dark. NAVL was more of a  royal blue.  Don't know why Con Cor went so dark

chuckyr

• Regular Membership
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 05:35:07 PM »
Charles, have you started your Cruisliner yet, can't say I am familiar with the Narwag one.

Jim.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 06:17:42 PM »
I agree I have the Con Cor  North American and it's very dark. NAVL was more of a  royal blue.

Oh wait. At this point I would have referenced the Bill Banks Collection on HTP for bedbuggers  but that was pulled over a year ago. :( Nothing to check anymore with the whole HTP site on hiatus.....gosh I miss the main site. :'(

JJG

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2019, 10:37:10 PM »
Looks very interesting Charles, a complete kit!

I will show my trailer DVE, it is the opposite, it is too light!

I sure miss the main site too Charlie, I forgot about Bill Banks, what happened to him? It's a tease sometimes.

Jim.

JJG

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2019, 12:34:54 AM »
Here is the trailer photo, it is way too light IMO

The blue on the tractor is mixed up from a NAVL fleet colour, looks closer to me then what is on this trailer.

Jim.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2019, 12:34:54 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs