If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Scarlett II: Trucker Rides Again  (Read 6771 times)

JJG

Re: Scarlett II: Trucker Rides Again
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2019, 09:26:26 PM »
The 2 Pete's look awesome together, I would seize the moment for a photo op too!! Glad you had fun with the REO in Idaho!

Jim

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2019, 09:26:26 PM »

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2019, 03:21:51 PM »
Wow! Been busy for like three weeks. I was able to pick up some extra work around the Fourth of July because I wanted the money so I could be off the next weekend to go fishing. I hauled salt to Montpelier, Idaho on Friday the fifth, ran chips to Salt Lake City to stockpile for a job Saturday, and hauled to the Granite plant in Ogden Sunday. Last week I did two rounds to Beatty, Nevada and yesterday I ran two loads of rock up to Randolph. The rest of the time I've been trying to keep the West Valley plant stocked up, but I'm going back to Beatty again tomorrow. Around sixty-six hours last week and ran 3,200 miles. No sign of slowing down anytime soon either, haha.

The newest glider showed up...not sure what will happen with it.
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

JJG

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2019, 09:59:40 PM »
Going Kenworth now??

Jim

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2019, 11:49:07 AM »
The 359 and the W900A are both really cool, especially the W9, that is a really great looking shot there. 8)
The new glider looks snazzy, curious to see how that one turns out.
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2019, 03:32:52 PM »
Man everything's looking good PBT. That 359 still looks great for its' age, and those doubles are looking pretty clean for the line of work they're in. And that black & red Pete is snazzy, I've always liked that style paintjob on a Pete.

I'm curious to see what'll become of the glider, it's got some great potential there. Have fun on the road, sounds like the miles are there if you want 'em.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2019, 03:05:26 PM »
Going Kenworth now??

Jim

We built a couple new flat glass W900Ls with modular flattops awhile ago to pull five axle side dumps. Usually order Peterbilts because the boss's uncle is a salesman at Pete, but the Francis boys prefer Kenworth, so every once in awhile, they order a couple. This one and the next one that's on it's way are both a mystery. We don't even know whether they're going to the flatbed side or the dirt side, let alone who gets them or how they'll look when done.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2019, 03:12:50 PM »
Thanks folks!

Had another busy week with similar hours and miles to the week before. After the Beatty trip, I hauled a load of salt to Rupert, Idaho Wednesday and they ordered a couple loads of rock out of Nipton, Nevada, so went to get that Thursday. Friday after coming home, I grabbed a load of fines going to Draper and a load of rock from there back to Salt Lake and headed to preload more salt for Rupert, which I took up Saturday. Today I just ran my West Valley haul again, kinda nice to have a "short" day, haha. Hoping to stay mostly local the next couple weeks so I can get the Reo ready for another show next weekend, but I heard they're fixing to order a kind of decorative rock that comes out of Montana soon, which will be a new haul for me. We'll see!

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2019, 07:10:57 PM »
Staying busy AND keeping your rig clean, definitely not an easy thing to do. :D
The Montana load sound cool, I'd sure like to make it up to Montana one day, always heard that's some beautiful country.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2019, 07:20:56 PM »
Thanks, it's not clean after this week though, haha. Had another Beatty load Thursday and Friday and ran a full day on West Valley yesterday to catch them back up again. Supposed to do a haul on a real short round hauling bank run from Mountain Green to South Weber tomorrow, probably on it all week.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2019, 06:21:33 PM »
Last two weeks have been pretty wild. We are getting WAY behind on sand at the West Valley plant and short handed on several jobs. A few of us have been working a lot of hours to try and catch up (and I got one Beatty load in while we were at it).

JJG

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2019, 09:21:07 PM »
Oh oh.....somebody fell asleep? That's a wide median!!

Who does the green Pete in the first shot in this set belong too, looks like a Francis truck? Pretty good looking truck too!

Jim

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2019, 02:26:28 PM »
The heavy hauler sure is cool, and the cattle pot is a really nice shot. 8)
Looks like the dude in the last shot had a rough day, hopefully he came out ok.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2019, 08:06:02 AM »
Thanks guys! Yeah, the green Pete is a Francis truck. He usually runs out to Beatty with me, we've been camping at the gate of the pit we load at so we're first in line. I snapped that picture when he dropped his trailers to bobtail us back into town for dinner. Would make more sense to eat in town before we drive to the pit, but the LEGAL way with our e-logs is to drive past dinner, end our day at the pit, and use personal conveyance back to town for dinner. E-logs keep us SAFE! This week was five days of running West Valley and a load of salt to Declo, Idaho Saturday, then I jumped in a dump truck to haul some topsoil for my brother-in-law. We actually ran out of sand at West Valley this week and Parsons called in eight or ten extra trucks from out of town to help catch us up. Sure makes me uncomfortable as it looks bad for Francis that we couldn't keep up and our contract for the plant hauls expired a couple months ago and they're still negotiating the new one...hope we don't lose that plant, it's a good gig. Just too much work, not enough trucks! I'm off today for Labor Day, so plan to do some cleaning on the Peterbilt. The rest of the week I'll be getting the Reo and my '77 Ford ready for the last show of the season for me, which is Peach Days, right here in town next Saturday. Also gonna try to go look at a needlenose Peterbilt that we're considering buying if the price is right, because I'm an idiot.

This is actually one of the trucks that came to catch up West Valley. He bought a set of our old trailers, still had Francis mudflaps, haha. Actually, three of the extra trucks were pulling old Francis trailers.

JJG

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2019, 09:47:59 PM »
Looks like they might want to remove the Francis mud flaps........so they don't look like you guys ae negleting a coat of paint on the dumps ::)

If you're gonna be an idiot, might as well be a truck idiot.........

Jim.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2019, 03:27:39 PM »
I wish Francis would change the mudflaps when they sell.

We didn't get too serious about the old Peterbilt, the guy thought it was worth about five times what it was, haha. Dodged a bullet.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2019, 03:27:39 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs