If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Peterbilt 352 Cab Rivets  (Read 1124 times)

23spotter

• Regular Membership
Peterbilt 352 Cab Rivets
« on: January 13, 2019, 06:09:48 PM »
I have a current project to marry 2 of the 352 Peterbilt cab overs to make a 110" cab. The issue is where the extension is connected to the original cab, it's difficult to sand or fill gaps without sanding away some of the molded rivets, or in real life, the Huck bolts, on the outer skin. I have seen some photos from some of the builders where very small details such as these were added or reproduced.........any suggestions on how to put back some that I have sanded away?

I'm new to the forum, look forward to seeing what you guys build and drawing from your ideas and techniques.

I'm a 35 year employee of the old Peterbilt plant in Nashvillle.

Thanks for the help

Hank's Truck Forum

Peterbilt 352 Cab Rivets
« on: January 13, 2019, 06:09:48 PM »

JJG

Re: Peterbilt 352 Cab Rivets
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 12:06:44 AM »
Welcome to the forum! Although I build 1/25 scale models -sometimes- I have not used a rivet but I believe there are rivets available that you can peel and stick, then paint over them? Not sure who offers them but hopefully one of the guys that have used them will come to you aid! There are a a lot of talented builders on here so you should likely get an answer.

Jim

Doug1966

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 08:16:25 AM »
Hi, welcome. You can get rivet decals from micro mark . They come in two sizes, I bought both to have the options. They are on a clear decal film but are rivet bumps. put them on before or after primer stage. Lots patterns on the sheets , straight lines, groups of rows and curves. There is another brand , not sure what it is, I have only tried these ones and was happy with them. Go have look my 62 kenworth build on this page, there a few pictures of them in use. Thanks Doug.

23spotter

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 11:53:15 AM »
Doug1966

Thanks for the response..........I obviously can't navigate the site very well. I looked through 38 pages of posts and never saw your 62 KW, tried the search and that didn't work. I did see where you posted several photos of your builds, but I can't open the photos.....frustrating

Thanks
MG

JJG

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 07:14:35 PM »
If you're on the forum pages here you shouldn't really have to open the pages at all, they should appear as you scroll down the page.

Jim

Doug1966

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 08:13:41 AM »
 Hi , Sorry about that I forgot that I was still using photobucket to share pictures before they decided to gouge for money to use their site and closed my account. My truck is on page 2 62 Kenworth, there are some pictures of the truck finished but the progress ones are gone. I'll try and get some reposted.
Thanks Doug.
Thanks for the response..........I obviously can't navigate the site very well. I looked through 38 pages of posts and never saw your 62 KW, tried the search and that didn't work. I did see where you posted several photos of your builds, but I can't open the photos.....frustrating

Thanks
MG
[/quote]

23spotter

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 09:37:06 AM »
Thanks.........I did finally fond the completed photos, it's a nice build......I found the rivet decals, I'm going to order a sheet & give them a try. Thanks for the response and patience

MG

chuckyr

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 08:59:32 AM »

I'm a 35 year employee of the old Peterbilt plant in Nashvillle.

You must know Tim Alhborn (Mackinac359).  The Peterbilt truck model expert.  He is a member of this board.

Thanks.........I did finally fond the completed photos, it's a nice build......I found the rivet decals, I'm going to order a sheet & give them a try. Thanks for the response and patience

MG

« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 09:10:57 AM by chuckyr »

23spotter

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 11:36:09 AM »
Thanks for the added info........I have a sheet coming from micro mark, anxious to see how they work.

Yes I know Tim, he does awesome work and has had several displays at the Texas PB plant for the employee open house.

Thanks again
MG

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 11:36:09 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs