If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Second Chance  (Read 831 times)

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
Second Chance
« on: November 20, 2018, 08:52:12 PM »
Back in August I was making a late evening, after dark run to Target at the local mall for a few groceries, and just as I was pulling up to a mall entrance this tricked out, lit up Pete car hauler pulled out onto the main road.  Bummer as I had my camera and may have been able to get a few shots.

One night a few weeks later I went to the gym and decided afterwards to run over to the Starbucks in the Barnes&Noble for a drink.  Lo and behold, there he was again, only this time was parked out front near the road in the movie theatre parking lot getting ready to unload a car.  I took several shots, I thought they actually came out pretty decent for being completely dark out and shot hand held on the "little running guy" setting.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 01:28:35 AM by Paul Kane »

Hank's Truck Forum

Second Chance
« on: November 20, 2018, 08:52:12 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

JJG

Re: Second Chance
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 10:39:22 PM »
The "little running guy" did good Paul, cool shots! 2nd chances are awesome!

Jim.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 10:14:09 AM »
What a beauty that is Paul! Great find. Although tbh with how perfect your day shots are I'm a little surprised you didn't set up for a proper long exposure. It's so easy once you get the hang of it. You just have to hold the camera perfectly still at a shutter speed of up to 1-2 sec. (I default at 0.3/sec and go from there). Yeah you can't hold the camera by hand but if you have anything you can perch the camera on it makes it easy (again, my default is the window sill on my car, I take a t-shirt that I use as a cushion in my bag and fold it up on the window sill so it doesn't scratch the trim, then I sit the camera on it and adjust until it sits perfectly still.)

pacarhauler

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 06:13:07 AM »
Now you gotta catch him in the day light.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 06:13:07 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs