If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Featherstone Road  (Read 320 times)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Featherstone Road
« on: November 18, 2018, 09:55:09 AM »
This is the main road into an industrial park situated behind a couple neighborhoods, where a bunch of moving agents and various other businesses lie. Also a very busy road which occasionally makes it hard to get clean shots, but there's 3 different spots to sit at which helps. You might recognize this first spot from my moving trucks thread.

I'm gonna start off by sharing a set from last Thursday, featuring NoVa's first snow/sleet of the winter (which is incredible considering normally we have to wait until early next year before it gets cold enough for snow to drop). I was hoping for a couple movers but had to make do with a bunch of LTL/vocational rigs instead.

VNL300 for Hatfield's carrier PV Transport out of Hatfield, PA:

Durastar for Allied agent Coleman American out of their local yard:

579 for Central Transport out of their Massaponax yard:

VNL 300 for Premium Distributors out of their Chantilly DC:

Autocar ACX Xpeditor out of their Fairfax yard:

FL M2-106 for Southeastern out of their Falmouth yard:

FL M2-106 for Arpin agent Hampton Roads Moving & Storage out of Hampton Roads, VA:

Not my best shot but Pete 348? (idk why they'd spec a 337 w/ a tag axle instead of putting it on a 348 chassis) for R+L Carriers out of their Baltimore DC:

Engine 512, OWL VFD. 2015 Seagrave TB50CO, 1500/750/40/40 out of Station 12 in Woodbridge:

Pete 348 for Sunbelt Rentals out of their Lorton yard:

Mack RD Series for ABC Supply out of their Lorton yard:

Freightliner 114SD for Tribeca Automotive out of Iselin, NJ:

Pete 337 for Waggy's Towing of Manassas, VA:

« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:18:44 AM by partsman88 »

Hank's Truck Forum

Featherstone Road
« on: November 18, 2018, 09:55:09 AM »

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
Re: Featherstone Road
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 04:25:53 PM »
Very cool catches, with the Arpin box, the Sunbelt rollback, and the ABC Mack being particularly cool. 8)
On the R+L carriers Pete: now this is just a guess, but with a 337 vs a 348, the 337 would probably be able to be ordered with the right specs to not require a CDL, but with the float axle still carry a decent load. That would make getting a driver for it much easier.
Still, just a guess. ;D
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 08:13:26 PM »
Thanks Wreckerman.

Also I see what you're saying about the 348/337, but according to unverified Google info (for some reason I can't find any weight info on PB's website) the 348 can gross up to 66k, whereas the 337 can only haul up to 33k. So why put a tag axle on there if you weren't planning on putting more weight in the box?

I totally understand what you're saying about staying under 26k so you don't need a CDL though, all the Hino flatbed wreckers around here are spec'd so the drivers don't need CDL's.

JJG

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 01:41:41 AM »
Cool setting with a nice mix of trucks going on here, Arpin is sharp!

Jim.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 08:06:25 PM »
Thanks Jim!

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 08:18:59 PM »
Nice setting...........even nicer trucks. :)

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 08:47:54 PM »
I was hoping for a couple movers but had to make do with a bunch of LTL/vocational rigs instead.

You got a niece mix though.  I enjoy shooting the local rigs along with the other stuff, some places that's pretty much what is offered up.

I love that backdrop for some reason, along with the lower framing of the foliage.  It's busy, but much more interesting than the usual signs, power lines, reflector sticks, etc that we always have to contend with.  It's actually a perfect setting for the moving rigs.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 11:37:23 AM »
Thanks guys! Paul I like shooting the local rigs once or twice, but then I get disinterested unless they change up something. Like the LTL carriers and dump trucks you see the same ones running the same route everyday. And I agree on the backdrop, it's different from most of the places I shoot from. Hard to tell but there's overhead power lines and trees right next to where I sit, if I frame it perfectly I can get a clean shot but occasionally they make their way into the picture.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 11:37:23 AM »