If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New R+L Carriers Straight Truck  (Read 166 times)

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
New R+L Carriers Straight Truck
« on: November 05, 2018, 08:48:15 PM »
Hope this is something new or different.  Earlier this year at my lunchtime spot I saw what looked like a new Pete like this one going away up the hill and behind the Jersey Barrier.  I thought I saw what looked like a second lift axle, but wasn't 100% sure.  This rig confirmed it, heading east on I-80 into PA on 11/4.

I thought it was an odd sighting for a Sunday AM, but didn't notice at the time that it was being delivered by a drive away company.

Hank's Truck Forum

New R+L Carriers Straight Truck
« on: November 05, 2018, 08:48:15 PM »

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Re: New R+L Carriers Straight Truck
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 08:26:57 PM »
Hope this is something new or different.  Earlier this year at my lunchtime spot I saw what looked like a new Pete like this one going away up the hill and behind the Jersey Barrier.  I thought I saw what looked like a second lift axle, but wasn't 100% sure.  This rig confirmed it, heading east on I-80 into PA on 11/4.

I thought it was an odd sighting for a Sunday AM, but didn't notice at the time that it was being delivered by a drive away company.

Oooh you beat me to it Paul, I've been seeing this truck about 5 times in the last month delivering to the industrial yard behind my neighborhood. Been trying to get a shot but the driver speeds when he's coming out and he always runs up on me quick. It's a unique look for a straight LTL rig, first of its' kind that I've seen.

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 05:20:39 AM »
R+L has been spec’ing their new straight trucks with that lift axle. This is the first time I’ve seen the conventional. Around here they have a few new “DAF style” cabovers with the same setup.

Updated 8/10/2018

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 05:20:39 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs