If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Let's talk image hosting websites  (Read 170 times)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Let's talk image hosting websites
« on: November 01, 2018, 01:10:20 PM »
Felt like it was a good time to start a fresh thread about this, in light of Photobucket getting rid of free 3rd party hosting, and my continuing issues with Slickpic's bulkshare URL being deemed unsafe by my antivirus software (ESET fyi).

Today I found out my hosting website, Flickr, is no longer offering free unlimited hosting either. They have revamped Flickr Pro and are offering it for 50/year, and part of the deal with that is you get unlimited storage, which used to be offered for free. Now it appears they have embraced the greed and are only offering 1k photos for free users, which is unacceptable for me as I already have 1500 photos on there. Apparently if you are over the limit as I am, you have until February to get under the 1k limit or they will start deleting your oldest content.

Quote from: Flickr
*Free members with more than 1,000 photos or videos uploaded to Flickr have until Tuesday, January 8, 2019, to upgrade to Pro or download content over the limit. After January 8, 2019, members over the limit will no longer be able to upload new photos to Flickr. After February 5, 2019, free accounts that contain over 1,000 photos or videos will have content actively deleted -- starting from oldest to newest date uploaded -- to meet the new limit.

Seeing as how I have spent a ton of time organizing my page, it looks like I'm just going to spend the 50 bucks to get Flickr Pro. I'm not happy about it, but it seems free image hosting for dedicated users is getting squeezed out.

Hank's Truck Forum

Let's talk image hosting websites
« on: November 01, 2018, 01:10:20 PM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: Let's talk image hosting websites
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 02:18:01 PM »
Ah the computer age and how it's made life so simple. ::) I just got a new computer yesterday & am trying to figure out where my photos from today went. >:( Hopefully this problem will be resolved soon.

As far as a hosting site i'm still using Photobucket......i'm paying $100 a year & that plan is up the end of January 2019 so we'll see where we go from there. Aside from not being able to upload photos 3-4 times this year i'm ok with PB & hopefully can continue the plan I have for another year.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 02:48:52 PM »
Good luck with the new computer Charlie, let me know if there's anything I can do to help. When you plugged in your memory card, did a popup come up telling you to select where the files go?

Alternatively, if you know the number of one of the pictures, for example IMG_1234, you can search for that instead and it should find where your photos ended up.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 04:18:52 PM »
I found the pics :). Just need to figure out how to add info & a few other things. At least they're not lost. ;D

Brockway

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 09:12:32 AM »
I've been using https://postimages.org/ over a year with no issues.

When Twin Golden Huskies Pass You...... It's HUSKIDRIVE!

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 09:12:32 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs