If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Need help on a price for some of my truck pictures  (Read 4767 times)

DIESEL-FUMES

• "FOREVER A FIFTH WHEEL FREAK"
    • Family Story
Need help on a price for some of my truck pictures
« on: August 27, 2007, 02:54:36 PM »

I just received an e-mail from a national transportation trade magazine. They saw my truck pictures , from a recent truck show that I had attended last month. Anyways, They contacted me, because they would like to use some of them for there magazine. They also wanted to know what is my price for publishing the pictures. Does anyone have an idea or has ever sold any of there pictures? I have sold some of my work before at a couple art shows. but that was years ago and I had them framed . Thanks for any help..
Truck Pictures by Terry W.

http://www.thedieselgypsy.com/Sams%20page.htm

"Preserving The History of Trucking Through Photography"

Hank's Truck Forum

Need help on a price for some of my truck pictures
« on: August 27, 2007, 02:54:36 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Re: Need help on a price for some of my truck pictures
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 03:09:32 PM »
I would also be interested in finding this out... my photography teacher has been trying to get me to sell my work for quite some time now, I just don't have a clue what I should charge.
I know that's a slightly different question, but it's related.
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

DIESEL-FUMES

• Family Story
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 03:23:48 PM »

I just did some research on the Internet and found all kind of confusing information. Most of it was from professionals who also charge for shooting time and etc. I use to share a studio in salt lake back in the 80's with a good friend of mine. He went on to becoming a professional. So I'm going to give him a call to find out. One idea i did get from photo.net. was to ask how many pictures they are wanting and what are they willing to pay. If it sounds good to you , then go for it. if not, then jack them a little. They also said to make sure that they put your name down as the credit with contact info. (for possibly more buyers of your work) also, to check out if they are going to use them in an ad or just under a special feature. If they are going to use them in an ad . then look to see what there advertising rates are and go from there. I did and this magazine is a inner trade publication and they seem to be mid sized. I'll let you know what I find out.

Terry...

DIESEL-FUMES

• Family Story
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 03:52:16 PM »

I just sent this to them so I'll get an idea what they are looking at....

Kim.
Thanks for your interest in my work. I have a couple quick questions for you. How many pictures where you looking to use for your magazine? also, are they to be used for advertising in any way or strictly as a feature for your magazine?  maybe you can give me an idea on what you where looking at price wise. I'm very pleased to have my pictures published, so an agreement should be easily agreed upon.

Sincerely Terry Wilson.

supershowrigs.com

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 03:53:53 PM »
like i said to u over pm terry.. i sold 2 yrs ago 40 pictures of a local car show to our local paper for like $800 it all depends on what the pics will be used for

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 04:18:30 PM »
like i said to u over pm terry.. i sold 2 yrs ago 40 pictures of a local car show to our local paper for like $800 it all depends on what the pics will be used for

...and I just sent you my Salt Lake coverage FOR FREE!?!
Nah, I'm just kiddin'. :-P

supershowrigs.com

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 04:19:21 PM »
...and I just sent you my Salt Lake coverage FOR FREE!?!
Nah, I'm just kiddin'. :-P

LOL!!!   stick around ryan!!  i got plans for SSR coming soon that could make some serious $$ coming in for myself an anyone who has pictures (that takes show coverage)  hehehe  :-D

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 04:20:44 PM »
LOL!!!   stick around ryan!!  i got plans for SSR coming soon that could make some serious $$ coming in for myself an anyone who has pictures (that takes show coverage)  hehehe  :-D

Ooh... I might need to quit Five Buck and become a traveling truck photographer. 8-)

supershowrigs.com

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 04:52:21 PM »
oh trust me if i could figure out how to do that myself id quit driving (which i dont do right now anyway lol) an quit any other job i had at the time an do that i love takin pictures an with my new camera im gettin rather good at it too!!!!!

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 04:52:21 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs