If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New Equipment Sightings  (Read 1412628 times)

Gary Smith

• Fleet eye for the Chicken guy
Re: New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #6435 on: April 08, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »
More new ProStars for Cowan Systems at the dealer, 2013 models according to the unit number.

Sleepers: 23002, 23007, 23009, 23012-23016
Daycabs: 23532, 23534

Bonus:  the unit numbers are about twice the size of the ones on the 2011 and 2012 units, much easier to read.

Looks like the split with Volvo is final.
It's a Mack thing. you wouldn't understand.....

"Every highway, just beyond the high beams"

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #6435 on: April 08, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #6436 on: April 08, 2012, 07:25:52 PM »
Here's my last bunch of new catches from this trip... All were westbound on I-20 in Texas today. The first two were my favorite catches of the bunch. :)

Brand new KLLM Volvo VNL780.

Kriska 587 out of Prescott, ON.

T700 for Turner Trucking Co out of, I believe, Boiling Springs, NC.

T700 for Francis Produce out of Greenville, SC.

Looks like the new Coronados are popping up in more than one oilfield fleet in Texas. This one is for Basic Energy Services out of Midland, TX.

Covenant T700.

Brand new Robert Heath VNL670. They have plenty of Volvos already, but looks like they haven't stopped buying them yet. ;)

Finally, a T700 for Wire Express out of Warren, OH.

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

granitefan713

• My Truck Picture Collection
« Reply #6437 on: April 09, 2012, 04:26:33 AM »
Nice catches Jan! That Miller 587 is awesome, and I must say, the Covenant T700's are my favorite in their fleet. I love seeing them around.

HuntFlatbed

• Just Trying To Keep Up With The Real Truckers.....
    • My RR Pics
« Reply #6438 on: April 09, 2012, 06:12:30 PM »
Couldn't find it, but here's a Dickey Transport (Packwood, IA) Cascadia.  WB on US30 between Missouri Valley, IA and Blair, NE.   Dickey is a oft-seen fleet around here and they've been all Volvo for a while.  Maybe that's changing. 

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #6439 on: April 10, 2012, 08:12:33 AM »
Looks like Pride is getting into tankers as well... Found these pics on Facebook just now, said something about North Dakota on there.

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Jon_G

« Reply #6440 on: April 10, 2012, 02:48:53 PM »
Whoa awesome catch Jan! 8) I hate to nitpick anything on this beautiful truck but I will say I think the aero bumper gives it a much cleaner, sleeker look when it comes to Pride's other Cascadias, but still, a really really good looking Cascadia! 8) 8) Interesting to see they are getting into tanker haulage

canadman

« Reply #6441 on: April 10, 2012, 06:04:35 PM »
Full condo trucks just look stupid hooked to tanks or flatbeds

Ray F

« Reply #6442 on: April 11, 2012, 11:58:14 AM »
Full condo trucks just look stupid hooked to tanks or flatbeds
Agreed !!!  :-\

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #6443 on: April 11, 2012, 12:01:56 PM »
Whoa awesome catch Jan! 8) I hate to nitpick anything on this beautiful truck but I will say I think the aero bumper gives it a much cleaner, sleeker look when it comes to Pride's other Cascadias, but still, a really really good looking Cascadia! 8) 8) Interesting to see they are getting into tanker haulage

Yes, I found it quite interesting, too. As for the bumper, I have a feeling that if the trucks are to be used up in the oil fields in ND (which is the only thing I can think of that tankers could be used for in ND these days, except for milk, hehe) the more sturdy chrome bumper and the added ground clearance would make a lot of sense.  :)

Jan.

Fishhook

« Reply #6444 on: April 11, 2012, 01:55:03 PM »
Putting a highway tractor to use in the oil fields?  Good luck with that. Seems to me a Coronado SD or something would have been just a slightly [/i] better choice.  So not only is Pride gonna beat the rates down, they're gonna tear up tons of equipment ...brilliant  ::)

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
« Reply #6445 on: April 11, 2012, 02:39:36 PM »
Say what you guys want to say about the looks and whether its a smart idea or not, tractor-wise to pick equipment.....but getting involved in this North Dakota oilfield business is going to make whoever can get into it, a Crap-Ton of money.  I'm sure they are taking all the constructive criticism of their choice of equipment right to the bank, literally.  The company I work for part-time got involved in the oil-field work and those guys who all got paid by the load can probably take the rest of the year off and it's only April.

Freightliner Guy

« Reply #6446 on: April 11, 2012, 06:36:32 PM »
I was going to say it looks like the company needed trucks fast. Since they probably can't wait for mid roofs to be made or don't want too. They took whatever was in the yard and that is what you see.

Mike C

• Resident J.B. Hunt Intermodal Driver, Portland, OR
    • My Flickr Photo Gallery
« Reply #6447 on: April 11, 2012, 09:18:48 PM »
Passed a brand new Schneider National Freightliner Cascadia sporting the new sideskirts and wioder cab fairings today.   looks weird to not see full wheel to wheel sideskirts on a pumpkin.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c130/avsfan118/SNI668452.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c130/avsfan118/SNI66845.jpg

I didnt notice this until tonight but this tractor is missing the CB antenna and mount off the side of the sleeper.   I find this very odd.

Eric (ep)

• Friend Of Coal
    • The Myspace Page
« Reply #6448 on: April 11, 2012, 10:26:18 PM »
Butler Transport IH LoneStar.

-(ep)

COAL, Keeps The Lights On!

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #6449 on: April 12, 2012, 07:29:42 AM »
That Butler LoneStar is hot!  :)

As for the Pride Cascadias, the tanker yankers in these pics are slightly differently specced from the Cascadias Pride use to pull reefers, on the outside at least. The bumpers are different, and these only have half skirts. So they didn't just take what was in the yard, they changed the specs slightly, at least. Unless, of course, they just yanked half of the side skirts off and put sturdier bumpers on whatever was in the yard!  :)

Jan.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #6449 on: April 12, 2012, 07:29:42 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs