If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New Equipment Sightings  (Read 1446427 times)

ddot430

• Regular Membership
    • My Myspace page
New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2005, 02:57:21 PM »
i spotted an Knight Refrigration Truck in the Shopko Parking lot in billings, MT - a 397 Peterbilt
See you on down the road jack!!

Hank's Truck Forum

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2005, 02:57:21 PM »

Steve_WI

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2005, 07:26:39 PM »
Here's a few more new sightings that I caught today.  Not sure if they are new to the rest of you, but they are to me.

1.  W&A Distribution of Fort Atkinson, WI, Kenworth T600 with an 86" Studio Aerocab.  After doing a search of their website, I guess I was lucky enough to spot 1 of the 2. :)  

http://www.wnad.com/news.asp

This is a nice fleet.  Mostly made up of Kenworth T2000s and Kenworth T600s.  Dry van fleet and can often be spotted pulling Space Saver  trailers.

2.  Millis has a new fleet motto on their trailers.  I spotted numerous of these this afternoon on my way up to Oshkosh, WI.  All Great Dane P series trailers, white in color.  Motto is: Getting It There!  And under that, is their website link.  They also added a Amerian Flag like decal next to these.

3.  I never knew they had a private fleet, but Grande Cheese which has quite a few plants throughout WI had greenish colored Freightliner Columbia daycabs at their facility in Waupun.

4.  And I finally got to see Osborn and Son Trucking homebase.  Well from a distance anyways.  I think it was on Highway 151 out of Fond du Lac that I saw it.  Saw a few Pete 379s and 1 Pete 387.  Nice orange and black fleet.  Very distinctive.  Even though I didnt get a good look at them, this was definatly the highlight of my day.

www.osborntrucking.com
Dec. 23, 2008 The end of an era at GM Janesville.

Steve_WI

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2005, 11:34:32 AM »
Here's a few more I spotted this afternoon:

McNay Truck Line of Quincy, IL, Volvo 430.  Heading N. bound on I90 at Janesville, WI

Anderson Trucking Service (ATS) of St. Cloud, MN, Peterbilt 387.  Was in Anderson red and blue colors.  Pulling a dry van.  S. bound on I90 at Janesville, WI

And while not a new piece of equipment, I did spot my first Jade Peterbilt tanker.  379 with a 63" flattop sleeper.  The lower half of the rig was a light green and the other half a dark green.  Neat truck, glad I had the chance to catch one finally.  They are a Canadian outfit.  Truck was heading N. bound on I90 at Janesville, WI.

Steve

ddot430

• Regular Membership
    • My Myspace page
New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2005, 08:59:00 PM »
i when out to Oregon for a two week vacation and saw some more of the new Wabach trailers with the gary/silver panal - i saw Interstate distrbutors and Swift pulling trailers like that

ddot430

• Regular Membership
    • My Myspace page
New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2005, 09:07:03 PM »
Werner Enterprizes is running 387 peterbilts or is the 389 I keep getting them mixed up I spotted one here in a rest area in Montana

Steve_WI

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2005, 06:19:14 PM »
Noticed on my way through Beloit, WI, the large Wisconsin based grocery chain by the name of Woodman's Food Market had some new Mack Vision daycabs (at least to my knowledge).  I saw 3 total.  All white with a roof fairing and exposed tanks.  They also had a white 9100i daycab, also with a roof fairing.  The have a grocery store and a warehouse on site as well.  They also had alot of reefers both parked in the lot and at the dock.  Not certain, but the reefers looked like ex Marten (Mondovi, WI).  Blue Carrier units.  48' trailers.

I guess seeing that DaveM is the only other Wisconsin/Upper Midwest member that I know of, I guess that was for you, to keep an eye out for.

And speaking of Woodman's, wish I had a CDL.  Woodman's for the last couple of times I've been there had an ad looking for a part time driver.  Good hourly pay I thought.  They probably wouldnt take a newbie anyways.

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2005, 09:27:39 AM »
Saw a 379 Pete company truck from Warrior Express at a motel near home last night.  It had the company paint scheme, burgandy with gold fenders and roof.

Here's a typical truck from them.

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/morton/2003/sept/file0020.jpg

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2005, 05:29:54 AM »
Saw a Freightliner Columbia, mid roof sleeper, single axle, from Roadway on the Pa. Turnpike yesterday.  It had the new paint scheme, all blue with an orange bumper.

Steve_WI

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2005, 09:17:52 AM »
Noticed yesterday, that Klemm Tank Lines, a midwest liquid bulk and petro hauler based in WI which was bought out by Kenan Advantage Group awhile back, has unfortunatly gone away with their familiar yellow and reddish colored paint scheme and the lion figure.  This was replaced by the Kenan paint scheme where Klemm Tank Lines was in blue with a red and white border.  I saw this on what I assumed was a new petro tanker.  The tractor which was a Freightliner FLD 120 daycab was still in its Klemm Tank Lines colors, but Im sure once the decision to buy new tractors comes, much like the tankers, the trucks will go with the Kenan colors as well.

I have pictures of a Klemm Tank Lines International daycab in its origional colors, that I shot last winter somewhere on my computer.

Steve_WI

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2005, 01:57:24 PM »
Well I finally managed to get to both Stoughton Trailer plants in Evansville and Brodhead this morning.  Had some personal business to do so I checked em out on the way through.

At the Evansville plant, much like what DaveM has mentioned already in both this forum and on a Yahoo group, alot of Schneider National containers are in the lot.  Some were on chassis, some at the dock, and quite alot were stacked 3 high.  Must have been 3 high by 4 or 5+ wide.  Looked like 53'.  They even had one of those heavy duty container forklift cranes that have the 4 big tires in front sitting next to these sets.  These containers were positioned in the area of the yard that borders Highway 14 which I might add is under construction.   Also alot of EMP containers as usual.

At the Brodhead plant, not much that I've noticed.  Lots and lots of unmarked plain white Z Plate dry vans.  Did see a new Schneider Century sitting in the lot ready to go with one of those plain white dry vans.  I caught some that were made for GTS (Gainey Transportation Services) and some others that I can't remember.

CAN MAN

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2005, 04:25:27 PM »
Ever see the pile of JB HUNT  new trailers sitting at the LUFKIN trailer plant in Lufkin Texas

Jamie

• Regular Membership
New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2005, 06:53:48 PM »
Quote from: Steve_WI
Well I finally managed to get to both Stoughton Trailer plants in Evansville and Brodhead this morning.  Had some personal business to do so I checked em out on the way through.

At the Evansville plant, much like what DaveM has mentioned already in both this forum and on a Yahoo group, alot of Schneider National containers are in the lot.  Some were on chassis, some at the dock, and quite alot were stacked 3 high.  Must have been 3 high by 4 or 5+ wide.  Looked like 53'.  They even had one of those heavy duty container forklift cranes that have the 4 big tires in front sitting next to these sets.  These containers were positioned in the area of the yard that borders Highway 14 which I might add is under construction.   Also alot of EMP containers as usual.

At the Brodhead plant, not much that I've noticed.  Lots and lots of unmarked plain white Z Plate dry vans.  Did see a new Schneider Century sitting in the lot ready to go with one of those plain white dry vans.  I caught some that were made for GTS (Gainey Transportation Services) and some others that I can't remember.

Steve, Could you see if any of these EMP's were marked EMWU's? The Norfolk Southern just purchased 900 of these. They are 53' "extra wide" containers. I'm curious to see the markings on them. I'm waiting for them to release them into their system. I know they also purchased 3500 EMHU's (standard 53' high cubes) along with these 900 EMWU's.

Steve_WI

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2005, 08:57:21 PM »
I doubt I can get back to the area any time soon, even though I only live 20 miles away :roll: .  I can try hopefully by next week at the earliest.  From the size of the order, Im sure there will be plenty of times to view them as well.  You might want to contact DaveM who is on this board as well.  It seems he visits that plant quite a bit.

You say "extra wide", exactly how much "extra wide" are we talkin?  I don't recall these trailers being anything special when it came to their width.  I guess I was looking more at the NS Chassis than at the EMP container.  Assumed once ya see a EMP container, you've seen em all. :wink:

On the other hand, noticed another new piece of equipment at least to my knowledge.  A Volvo 630 belonging to Foltz Trucking out of Detroit Lakes, MN.  Was pulling a hopper bottom trailer.  Saw it going N. bound (actually in reality its going west bound) on I-90 as it was going through Janesville.

Jamie

• Regular Membership
New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2005, 08:56:52 AM »
The outside dimensions of the box stay the same. The inside is what is different. They are like 1-2 inches wider inside. They say by pinwheeling pallets, you can add up to three additional pallets more then a standard 53'. These boxes will ride on regular 53' chassis, just like before.

No big deal. Just wondering if you had noticed anything different.

Thanks
Jamie

Pascal Pion

• Regular Membership
  • St Hyacinthe,Quebec,Canada
CTC
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2005, 11:47:23 PM »
Canadian Tire Corp.just bought 53' container frame for their own domestic cans.Build here in Canada,the frame is all aluminium,with only 2 axels(as I saw today).

The i.d. number of the frame goes like that:CANZ.

Recently,they began to upgrade the container fleet also.
War is the terrible ransom that humanity has to pay for it's stupidity...
                  Lt Col Charly Forbes,WW2 hero
                   Maisonneuve Regiment

Hank's Truck Forum

CTC
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2005, 11:47:23 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs