If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New Equipment Sightings  (Read 1445368 times)

Steve_WI

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2004, 01:12:52 PM »
Well it seems, Freightliners are out and Internationals are in for Roehl.  Saw nothing but International 9900i and 9400i pulling vans, curtainsides and flats.  I'd say I saw well over a dozen Roehl trucks today. In fact, a 9400i #4402 with a Benson flat pulled into a Home Depot with a load, possibly lumber.  Speaking of Roehl, saw my first Peterbilt 387. It was pulling a flatbed heading north on I-90.  Funny how some days you can see endless amounts of one companies trucks and the next day, none at all.

But the highlight of my day was seeing Millis Transfer's Driver Recruiting Center truck.  When I first saw it pulling out of the TA in Janesville, I thought Millis had a race team, cause the trailer they use, looks exactly like the ones race car transporters use.  The trailer was pulled by a maroon Millis T2000.  It got on I-90 heading north.
Dec. 23, 2008 The end of an era at GM Janesville.

Hank's Truck Forum

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2004, 01:12:52 PM »

ddot430

• Regular Membership
    • My Myspace page
New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2004, 01:28:50 PM »
Bob's Pick up and Delievery is saling off their city delievery volvo's and freightliners and going to internationals
See you on down the road jack!!

Steve_WI

Barr-nunn buys trucks, expands team operations
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2004, 08:44:16 AM »
Barr-nunn announces purchase of 205 Freightliner Columbia XT models.

http://www.truckinginfo.com/news/news-detail.asp?news_id=53198

Wasent it not too long ago they bought some Internationals? Guess they didnt like them.

Steve

Gary Smith

• Fleet eye for the Chicken guy
New Equipment
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2004, 03:45:32 PM »
UPS twin-screw Sterling (AT9513)
It's a Mack thing. you wouldn't understand.....

"Every highway, just beyond the high beams"

ddot430

• Regular Membership
    • My Myspace page
New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2004, 04:40:37 PM »
i spot one of the new Roadway Volvo's that are painted dark blue with the bright orange bumpers yesterday in Billings, Mt traveling east bound pulling triples
See you on down the road jack!!

Steve_WI

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2004, 03:04:05 PM »
Saw in my opinion one of the best looking Centuries I have ever seen, at least when it comes to Schneider National.  It dropped off a load where I worked.  It was a truck dedicated to McElroy Metals.  It was at least an 05 cause it had the new body styling.  Truck number was 55839.  It had a 70" midroof xt sleeper, no roof or lower side fairings, dual exhaust next to the cab, and was pulling a Conestoga flatbed trailer with sliding tandems.  Tarp was orange.  Simply amazing.  Wish it was my day to work out in the yard but it wasent.

Steve_WI

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2004, 05:32:53 PM »
Genmar Industries Volvo 630.  Exposed fuel tanks.  White with a blue stripe.  First it was Kenworth T800s than Freightliner Columbias, now Volvo 630s.  Pulling a step deck load of new boats, heading east on I-90.

Steve

Steve_WI

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2005, 04:53:16 PM »
Saw one of those National Gaurd trailers on I-90 today.  JDC has a bunch of them, but I have no idea if this was one of them.  Saw it from a distance.  A white Freightliner Columbia condo was pulling it.

Tom Joy & Sons of Peshtigo, WI Freightliner Century midroof XT.  Red pulling a dry van.  Don't know if this is new or not, they do have red International 9400i's.  

Kreilkamp Trucking of Allenton, WI Freightliner Columbia midroof XT, maroon colored with yellow vinyl graphics, chrome bumper, no lower side fairings, pulling a 53' reefer.  Saw this about a week ago, probably heading to Swiss Colony in Monroe, WI.  Nice truck for a Columbia.  Kreilkamp has mostly Pete 379s and 387s.  Nice trucks as well.

TMC Kenworth T800.  Saw this coming home today.  Black, 72" aerocab aerodyne, dual stacks next to cab, dual exterior air cleaners(15"), 3 rib grill, no cab or sleeper lights, pulling a Benson spread axle flatbed.  Didnt know TMC was getting T800s.  Must have gotten a good deal on em.

Steve

CAN MAN

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2005, 04:58:57 PM »
CLARK TRANSPORTATION in Perth Ontario ( now owned by CONTRANS / LAIDLAW ) has been adding new 2005 FREIGHTLINER COLUMBIA's with AUTOMATICS.

CLARK originally had BROWN tractors with ORANGE / YELLOW stripes , they changed to a blueish green with Pinkish purple stripes for a few years , then all white with blue squiggles and CLARK in big lettering ( actually bought some MACKS ) now gone back to the Greenish Blue with dark blue squiggles / lettering.

Steve_WI

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2005, 04:37:49 PM »
Just saw this one.

Freightliner Columbia belonging to a local flatbed/dry van company called Mansur Trucking, based in Janesville, WI.  Red color, 70" midroof XT sleeper, chrome front bumper, 1 exhaust(right side), dual exposed tanks under the cab(100 gal maybe), storage tool box.  They must be trading in their Centuries for Columbias.

http://www.mansurtrucking.com

Steve

Steve_WI

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2005, 07:26:44 PM »
Saw a Schneider National white International 9400i today at a truck stop in Johnson Creek, WI.  Couldn't get a number. It had a 72" midroof pro sleeper and a 2 piece windshield.  Schneider on the roof fairing.  Nice truck.

Hopefully when I post this in a different forum, I'll get some answers and report back.

Steve

*update*

Was told on another forum that, chances are that this truck is on either the Weathershield or Spartech Industries account.  Weathershield is out of Medford, WI and I believe Spartech has a facility in Milwaukee.  One guy told me that there were 5 new white Internationals sitting at the Indy OC a few weeks ago.  Well just thought I'd tell you all in case your interested.

Steve_WI

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2005, 03:12:46 PM »
Quote from: CowCruzer
I see that Jim Palmer is getting some short hood W900's.  I met one the other day.  Had the 72" Aerocab Aerodyne sleeper, and it looked like about a 244" WB.  Same graphics as the Pete's have.  Nice looking truck none the less.

Just saw one myself.  It was parked at some little truckstop outside Shopiere, WI.  Didn't get a good look at it as it was parked between 2 trailers.  

Steve

Steve_WI

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2005, 09:09:09 PM »
A couple days ago, caught a brief glimpse of a Caledonia Haulers Kenworth T800.  Their a food grade tanker outfit based in none other than Caledonia, MN.  It had an aerocab flattop sleeper and cab mounted exhaust.  Shiny front bumper and all aluminum wheels.  Blue in color.  Maybe they have had these for quite some time.  First time for me though.  Usually see a couple a week driving past the house.  Peterbilt 379 short hoods are common.  Have no idea exactly what they are hauling, only guessing that they are hauling out of the big whey plant nearby.

Steve

Steve_WI

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2005, 04:03:22 PM »
Quote from: Steve_WI
Just saw this one.

Freightliner Columbia belonging to a local flatbed/dry van company called Mansur Trucking, based in Janesville, WI.  Red color, 70" midroof XT sleeper, chrome front bumper, 1 exhaust(right side), dual exposed tanks under the cab(100 gal maybe), storage tool box.  They must be trading in their Centuries for Columbias.

http://www.mansurtrucking.com

Steve

I emailed Mansur the other day and the lady that contacted me told me they received 36 of these trucks.  Theres 85 company trucks total.

On another note, saw a Volvo 670 belonging to Super Service of Somerset, KY.  I don't see many of their trucks, but when they were featured in Kenworth's World's Best Magazine a few years ago, they were largly made up of T600's.  Their website now shows a mix of  T2000's and Pete 387's.  Super Service is part of the Gainey Corp.

Steve

Steve_WI

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2005, 08:29:10 PM »
Saw my first Peterbilt 379X on Saturday(3-26-05).  It belonged to Moser Trucking of Horicon, WI.  It was an O/O unit and was pulling a 49 foot Great Dane all stainless steel reefer. Awesome combination.  Red in color including the reefer unit and upper and lower rails on the trailer.  Big 8" straight exhaust (or was it 7, I dont know).  Yet due to the monster sized muffler (looked like it was the size of one of those Vortox air cleaners :shock: ) under the cab, it was surprisingly quite. :shock:  Was not expecting that. Every light on the truck was an LED.  Had Double JJ headlights and blinker bars, clean Texas Square bumper with clear turn signals on each side.  The truck dropped off a load and picked up another at a reefer hauling outfit in town (brokered load).  Stood around for an hour or so just to see it go and well... hear it.  Had plenty of time to look over the truck.  Nothing looks better (in my opinion) than a large car with a stainless steel reefer. :D  Doubt I will ever see this truck again and unfortunatly my camera broke a few weeks earlier and have yet to replace it.  :(

Steve

Hank's Truck Forum

New Equipment Sightings
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2005, 08:29:10 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs