If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: LAST CALL! September 2018  (Read 1132 times)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
LAST CALL! September 2018
« on: August 25, 2018, 05:29:59 AM »
In the days of my youth (OK, at least before I got married) LAST CALL was the closing announcement at the local watering hole that 1AM was fast approaching.

Today LAST CALL is for the Photo Of The Month for August 2018. September 2018
I'm not sure when Partsman will post the POLL but it will be very soon.
If I were still doing it I would post the poll on Wednesday for voting Thursday and Friday and maybe Saturday . Thursday for voting Friday Saturday and Sunday.
I have delegated that responsibility to him so if you still want to enter please post your picture this weekend.
For September I have yet to get the picture I want to enter. I will enter something by Wednesday

Thanks for reading this message -
Rob
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 06:26:49 PM by Rob Archer »

Hank's Truck Forum

LAST CALL! September 2018
« on: August 25, 2018, 05:29:59 AM »

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Re: LAST CALL!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 07:46:22 AM »
Thanks for doing this Rob, I was about to post the same. Gents, the timeframe Rob suggested sounds ideal so let's please get those entries in.

cash flow

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 04:06:49 PM »
I have never posted a photo before, but I would like to post one in this month's poll.  Can I get advice on how to do so?  Thanks

Dave

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 06:08:41 PM »
Sure! I'd be happy to help.

Once you've made the choice of what picture to upload, you need to find an online image host.

There are several different ones, some of which require an account and some don't.

Imgur, Photobucket, and Slickpic are some of the more popular ones.

Once you've picked which one to use (personal preference Imgur as no account is required) you need to find where the upload button is. For Imgur it's the green button in the top left that says "New Post." Click that and the upload screen appears. You can drag and drop the image you want to upload or you can use the "Browse" button to search your computer. Once you've added the image to upload, it should load the new screen automatically, which means the image has been uploaded. Now you need to get the URL, aka the link, or web address, to share here. Hover the mouse over the image and in the top right corner of the image a code and two buttons will appear. Click the button that says copy and it will copy the link that you need to share here.

Then create your post in the POTM forum, type whatever you want to say about the photo and when you're ready, right click inside the typing box and click "Paste." It will paste the code into your post.

Don't forget for the image to appear you have to wrap the [imq] .... [/imq] tags around it. The yellow "Insert Image" button underneath the "Bold" button underneath where it says "Message Icon" is the button you have to click. Then take those tags and put one in front of the link and one in back of it. When done it should look like this:

[imq]https://imgur.com/Y5eOmZC[/imq] with no spaces between the IMG tags (for the purposes of this post, I changed the tag to IMQ instead of IMG so you will see the code instead of the picture.)

Click the preview button next to the post button if you're not sure if it worked. Or if you'd like, head to the test forum and do a couple trial runs to get your feet wet. Any questions feel free to ask,  I won't start the poll if you still need help with it. If worst comes to worst you can email us the photo and we can share it here.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Re: LAST CALL! September 2018
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 06:27:23 PM »
Boot!

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 04:17:25 PM »
Cheers Rob, we're totally on the same page lol. I checked the date today and said "damn I should put up a reminder post to get those submissions in so I can rull the poll through this weekend." Logged in and see you've already done it!   

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 04:17:25 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs