If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Hello, my name is...  (Read 466 times)

Heatnbeat

• Regular Membership
Hello, my name is...
« on: July 23, 2018, 03:59:25 PM »
Hello, my name is Jerrell and I'm a truck nut  ::)

First off, THANKS!! to Hank for this great forum!!

I wound up here because I'm thinking of buying a derelict Brigadier from my Son in Law. It's painted what looks like it might have been Swamp Holly Orange and my Son said it looks like an old Yellow truck. So in looking for Yellow Brigadiers I found Jimmy B's beautiful example ( mine, if I buy it will NEVER look that nice).

I drove dumps and straights pulling heavy tag along trailers when I was much younger. But they were all gassers with 5sp & 2sp rears, no oil burners.
By the time the liscenses changed I had a welding business so I never kept up my liscense, figured I'd never drive again. Well surprise, I retired a year ago and now drive a truck part time delivering heavy truck parts; you know, a little money and something to do. Actually I'm not really a truck driver, I just play one at work and try to act like one ( a GOOD! one) because the truck is only a 26' Hino sit&steer. I'd prefer to row my own but it is a whole lot nicer sitting in East Coast traffic.

Actually my pickup is an 84 F250 7.3 idi with a 4&2 so when i get it loaded good I can split gears like the big boys LOL!!

Anyway, hello to everybody, glad to be here.

Cheers!
Jerrell

Hank's Truck Forum

Hello, my name is...
« on: July 23, 2018, 03:59:25 PM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: Hello, my name is...
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 06:09:00 PM »
Welcome aboard Jerrell. :) East coast traffic?  ??? Nah you're kidding right? ??? ;D Where do you do your trucking & what do you haul in the Hino? ???

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 06:20:17 PM »
Welcome Jerrell! Glad to have you aboard. Fellow east coaster here, I too like to masquerade as a half decent professional in the trucking world, even though I'm not a driver either (maybe you can guess what I do by my name ;) ).

Even if the Brigadier you're looking at buying doesn't look half as good as Jimmy's we'd love to see some shots of it. Feel free to share with us any shots you have too.

tery

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 07:53:56 AM »
Welcome to the forum .
________ IH 9670 ________

Heatnbeat

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 07:07:16 PM »
Thanks guys!

I work 2 days a week for Bergeys and run from up by the Lansdale exit of the NEX, to South Jersey, over to New Castle, and down to Del Mar, then back home by way of Kennett Square.  The load is mostly heavy truck parts, pallets of batteries, oil drums and drums of DEF. Bergeys is a Mack, Volvo, Hino dealer so that's what most of the stuff is.  So if any of you guys see a Bergeys Hino wave as you go by. 8)

Partsman, what parts? Big stuff? The whole parts business amazes me, there's $3million in our warehouse! I can't see how they ever kept track of parts in the old days; hell we have computers and it still gets screwed up.

My son is an even bigger truck nut than I and he has 2 Autocars, a 76 forward axle that he's restoring and a KK. My 7 year old grand son could tell you EXACTLY what models they are.  ;D
If you've been to Macungie you've seen his 76, and he had it at Lexington too.

If I can figure out how I'll post a couple pictures.

Cheers!

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 04:38:20 AM »
Jerrell

Thanks for the info. I work out of Toms River NJ doing dealer trades for a car dealer so I'm all over the place. I've taken photos at the Bergeys place you work at when I've done swaps next door at the car dealer. ;D If I see your Hino around i'll certainly honk & wave. :D

Charlie

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 07:38:11 PM »
I doubt you ever come down northern VA way but I'll certainly keep an eye out next time I head north.

And yeah, I'm a counterman for one of the largest counties in northern VA (don't like to say which one but I will tell you our fleet runs 6k strong). We do all the maintenance for every piece of equipment the county has, which incidentally is mostly school buses (about 2k of those, ranging from 2001-2018's) but we also do all the fire trucks, trash trucks (rear packers, side arm packers, front packers, and we also have 18 wheeler transfer trailers) plus the school board box vans, supply trucks, utility trucks, plus a few lowboys that Solid Waste uses, dump trucks for the Parks Dpt/Wastewater/etc., not to mention vacuum trucks, leaf-blower trucks, and even a crane and a whole rack of small equipment like generators/off-road construction equipment that the landfill uses. And I'm the "floater" so I have the pleasure of working in every parts department on a floating type of schedule, whereas all my other coworkers get to work out of one shop (crossing my fingers to hope I can eventually get back to that life, but I gotta wait for a spot to open up first).

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 07:38:11 PM »