If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Hardcastle Enterprises, European Division (Updated 8-29-2018)  (Read 1402 times)

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
So I've said for a while that I have ETS2 now as well and have continued to play it.  Building up the fleet has taken longer, partially because I only play this on weekends and some Fridays, and with the speed limits being so much lower it takes longer to finish jobs.  That and I've been lazy and held off posting this for a couple weeks.

Because the concept of my Euro fleet is very similar to that of Hardcastle Enterprises in ATS, I chose to call this the European division of that company instead of try to come up with another name.  All trucks will use this style of paint scheme (I believe it's called Canopy) in different colors.  I know it's the same one Jon_G uses, but I just like it so much that I had to use it, and there are other things that differentiate my fleet from his.  All trucks will look as American as possible, which means chrome American Dream front wheels of course, and three axles on all trucks instead of two.  Also I will use just any model of truck available, and due to the large number of models I have a method for which I choose what my next truck will be at random, with some models weighted more than others generally skewing in favor of the new designs.  Unit numbers start at 1001 and will go up from there.

Here is #1001, a new generation Mercedes-Benz Actros:

#1002 is this grey and blue Renault Premium

#1003 is this yellow DAF XF105.  IMO the both DAFs have the best application of this paint scheme of all the models in the game.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 06:53:03 PM by Iowa80 »

Hank's Truck Forum

Truck Driving Jobs

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
Re: Hardcastle Enterprises, European Division
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 06:49:48 PM »
Really neat stuff.
I really dig the colors on 1002!
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

Jon_G

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 10:15:14 PM »

Cool to see your European fleet, all look great! The DAF tandem is especially sharp. I really like the DAF (both Euro 5 and newer Euro 6 versions), and currently have one of the Euro 6 spec trucks, but not sure why I haven't added more. Some of my original trucks in the fleet are getting up there in mileage so I may trade them for some DAFs.

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 06:51:19 PM »
It has been quite some time since I last updated any of my truck simulator threads here.  In fact, I hadn't played at all this summer until a couple weeks ago.  It's not that I lost interest in the game or anything, but I kept busy with other things, and sometimes it's nice to take a break from a game, even one I enjoy, which I think makes me enjoy it more again when I come back to it.  This is my European fleet fully updated now.

#1004 is another Renault Premium:

#1005 is yet another Renault Premium.  Like I said in my first post, when it's time for me to buy a new truck, I have a way of deciding which model it will be completely at random.  So the fact that three of my first five trucks for this fleet ended up being the same model (and one that is only weighted moderately), is really something.  Also, I said in my first post that all my trucks would be spec'd the same on the outside, just with different color combos.  From this truck on out I chose to do away with that.  My trucks will still all use the same paint scheme and have the same axle configuration and chrome wheels, but otherwise I'll customize however I feel like.  For this one I added a slightly different visor, used painted front wheel hubs, and a small chrome bar near the front license plate.

A while back SCS added in the latest Scania model to be available to drive in the game, and it just so happened that the first truck I chose, at random, after that was one of the new Scanias.  #1006 has since become one of my favorite trucks in this fleet; I like how the color combo turned out, plus I've come to really like the new Scania design itself.

#1007 is a current generation Volvo FH

#1008 is a previous generation Scania Streamline.

It was after this screenshot that I quit playing for a while; in fact in the picture numbers of these screenshots look like the time, from year to second, that the screenshot was taken, so that one was taken way back on March 3rd. :o  However, a couple weeks ago SCS released an open beta for their latest update, which includes being able to own and customize your own trailer now, although now you can only own box trailers and flatbeds.  The trailer designs themselves have also been refurbished to better quality.  I'm really excited about that, and it's basically what got me motivated to play again.  The same goes for ATS.  Between that, the fact that they're beginning to redo the old parts of the game map to match the quality to newer map regions (starting with northern Germany in this update), and a new map DLC right around the corner for both ETS2 and ATS, I'm excited to be playing again.

The first trailer I bought was this plain white reefer.  Many of my trailers will just be plain white because anything will look good pulling them, however I will have some matching trailers as well.

I went back to driving #1007 for a bit and bought a matching reefer for it:

Passing by a bad accident on the highway.  Random events such as accidents, construction, and cars having been pulled over by police are another new item for this update, though it has been around on ATS for a bit longer.

My latest truck, #1009, is this MAN TGX with an unusual color combo.  I bought a dryvan to match this one.

Lastly, many of you have probably heard about the collapse of the Morandi Bridge in Genoa (Genova in the game), Italy, in which 43 people tragically lost their lives.  This bridge is actually replicated in the game, and out of a sort of morbid curiosity I guess I had to drive over it in the game the next chance I got.  It will be interesting to see if the collapse is ever replicated in the game similar to how in ATS, a part of Highway 1 in California was closed due to a mudslide.  However, out of respect for the victims of this tragedy, I don't know if it would be the best idea for SCS to portray it in the game.

Jon_G

Re: Hardcastle Enterprises, European Division (Updated 8-29-2018)
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 03:38:53 PM »

Fleet looks good, they have really done a lot of work updating the game, it is cool to go back and see what improvements have been made. The new trailer feature is awesome, really glad they finally added it.

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

Re: Hardcastle Enterprises, European Division (Updated 8-29-2018)
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 03:38:53 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs