If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: I need help finding the basic cab dimensions for the White Xpeditor / Compact  (Read 106 times)

serefusetrucks

• Regular Membership
Hello everybody,
My name is Martin, and I live in Sweden. My hobby is functional scale modelling, and I have finished one truck project before. That project can be seen at my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI9YwluOHpxoiPU8qGxDI_w?view_as=subscriber

For my next project, I am looking at something similar, but this time I will be building almost everything myself. I am planning to build a White Xpeditor truck (the last generation before the Xpeditor II replaced it), with either a Heil MkV or a Dempster RKII rear loader body. The scale will be 1:8, and it will become a quite heavy model.

I have already modeled a lot in CAD, based on pictures and fuzzy drawings from ebay-ads. But I really want it to be as accurate as possible, and it would really bother me to finish the project, only to find out that I have made unnecessary mistakes.

Therefore I am asking for your help; If anyone who reads here own an old Compact/Expeditor, or knows someone who does, which could provide me with the three basic dimensions I have marked out in the picture below, I would be really thankful! Smile

So please, help me make this classic come to life as a functional scale model! I promise to share my building progress here on the forum, as soon as I got something more to show!

Best regards / Martin

Hank's Truck Forum

Truck Driving Jobs

Ex Road Pounder

• Proud member since July 10, 2003
I do have a couple White Xpediter brochures, but they are for the later model.

If I find a spec sheet from a 1500, or earlier Xpeditor I'll post it here.
 Good luck.

serefusetrucks

• Regular Membership
Hi,
Thanks for the answer! Technical drawings would do as well, as long as they have some vertical dimensions. I have measured several "silhouette pictures/drawings" from brochures, but the results are inconsequent. That leads me to believe that the drawings are just made quickly "on the fly", and comparing with photos of real trucks just makes it even more confusing.  :P 

Hank's Truck Forum