If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: June 28 - Challis, ID to Almo, ID, by way of Brigham City, UT  (Read 1565 times)

norseman

• Administrator
I've been having bad luck with wifi lately, and then this past weekend has been very busy for me at the Southern Idaho Truck Show that was hosted by some friends of mine up in Hazelton, Idaho - pics from that in another post. But because of these two things I have a considerable picture backlog, and so here are some pics from Thursday, when I drove from Challis, Idaho to Almo, Idaho, by way of a rest area north of Brigham City, Utah, that I fell in love with after having rode with Ryan earlier in the week. It was a spur of the moment thing, so no bothering Ryan again this time, but I'll be back through again on my way "home" to Idaho in a few weeks. The truck traffic at this spot is pretty high, and so is the average quality of trucks, and then there's the background... Sure, there's a low fence obscuring part of the wheels of the northbound trucks, but all in all it's pretty great. Anyway, to the pics.

Let's start with my two last pics from the rest area. You see, this awesome K100E for Four Jacks & 1 Jenny out of Skidmore, MO came in and parked as I was about to leave, and I hurried over for some pics.

Also parked at the rest area was this nice W900L for Great Plains Trucking out of Salina, KS with a nice billboard curtainsider in tow.

Just south of Challis I saw this cool old FL hay truck out in a field, most likely belonging to a farmer. He was loading it at the time. No markings on the truck.

A newer version of the above hay truck... IH LT for Driscoll Transportation out of Pocatello, ID, heading south into Blackfoot.

Apparently Associated Food Stores out of Salt Lake City have gotten a new livery. I caught this new 579 wearing it on I-15 near the Idaho-Utah state line.

Bck at the rest area now. Very sharp 389 hopper set for Max R Gould & Son Farming out of Teton City, ID.

And here is a nice 579 for the same sharp fleet.

Another very sharp hopper set, this one for Ambrose Trucking out of Buhl, ID.

Southbound load of hay, powered by a 379 for Tony Regehr Trucking, also out of Buhl, ID.

Western Dairy Transport out of Cabool, MO must have picked up a local milk contract in Utah, because this multi axle T880 setup certainly is not typical of a Missouri based fleet!

One of the seven axle B-train setups that DP Curtis Trucking out of Richfield, UT use to haul steel with locally in northern Utah.

Very clean T800 for Miller Paving out of Murray, UT.

Sysco IH LT with a turnpike double setup.

Knight Refrigerated have apparently picked up a contract with Associated Food stores. This new LT out of their Idaho Falls terminal was north bound with this turnpike doubles set, and I saw a few others like it on I-15.

Nice T880 for Crestwood, mased in Kansas City, MO, pulling an RMD set.

T880 for S&P Trucking out of Mountain Home, ID.

Absolutely incredibly clean and shiny 389 for Keane Thummel Trucking out of New Market, IA, having apparently been to the Western Star factory out in Oregon and picked up a glider kit.

One of the new Cascadias that Pride Transport out of Salt Lake City, UT have gotten.

One of a whole bunch of Navajo small sleeper T680s pulling RMD sets in the area. These are apparently for a Costco account, IIRC.

Swift turnpike doubles set, powered by a new Cascadia daycab. I assume this is also for a dedicated account of some kind.

Nice 579 maxi set for Scott Fulcher Trucking out of Caldwell, ID.

Finally, a very classy Coronado Mk II for Al Hawley Trucking out of Lethbridge, AB.

Jan.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 07:48:51 PM by norseman »
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Hank's Truck Forum

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Re: June 28 - Challis, ID to Almo, ID, by way of Brigham City, UT
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 05:04:14 AM »
I'm impressed by the SUPER Super B flat deck.
Good selection of pictures.

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 12:01:49 PM »
That was a great days work Good Buddy. I would give yourself a pat on the back.     Bob.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 12:36:19 PM »
Really liking all the LCVs in this set but the Greats Plains KW catches my eye as a standout here. :) I see their trucks back east but have never seen a W900 before. :o Oh & the scenery is a winner too. ;D

US MAIL GUY

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 03:08:58 PM »
Jan,
   As always nice rigs.
                 Gary

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 03:52:17 PM »
Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed! Utah and trucks is a pretty good combination, I find... 8)

Jan
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 06:21:35 PM »
Count me as impressed with all the LCV action and quite the impressive backdrop. That's a great combination Jan.

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 08:28:56 PM »
Plenty of good stuff here; of course the K100 is impressive, along with quite a few others.  And the background in these pics is just stunning! 8)

tnsamiam

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 10:51:20 PM »
I think the Al Hawley is my favorite of the bunch
Sammy from Tennessee

Jon_G

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 08:46:34 PM »

Love the K100, nice to see another one still working. The Coronado tanker really sticks out as well, sharp looking unit with an old school look to it.

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 08:46:34 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs