If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Fuel tank action on the Fairfax County Parkway  (Read 1179 times)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Fuel tank action on the Fairfax County Parkway
« on: June 30, 2018, 06:41:47 PM »
This spot is about 10 minutes away from the old shop I worked at so I have a lot of pics I will eventually share from here. It's actually 2 separate spots depending on how crowded the parking lot is, but 1 spot is better than the other because it allows for shots from both sides.

The main spot in question, the 2nd spot is at the other end of the parking lot next to the traffic light.
https://goo.gl/maps/h2hp18RzGS22

Apologies as I know I've shared these before, but I want to keep things organized instead of putting them all in my randoms thread. I'll start things off with a shot of Hazmat 464 for Fort Belvoir, the local Army base in NoVa. 2011 Pierce Arrow XT for Fort Belvoir Fire & Emergency Services.

Mack DM-600 for Branscome Paving out of Manassas:

T880 for M.C. Dean out of Sterling:

FLD for Fedex Express out of their Dulles air freight yard:

SFFA Pinnacle for Arthur Construction out of Chantilly:

Reserve Engine 1, Fort Belvoir Fire & Emergency Services. 1996 E-One Hurricane, 1250/500/40.

SFFA Volvo VHD300 for a local O/O:

Local lease operator 389 for S. Coraluzzo:

W900 lease operator for Able Moving & Storage out of Manassas:

O/O W900 for a local:

FL Classic lease operator for CW Transport out of Federalsburg, MD:

O/O FLC that works out of Virginia Paving Co.'s yard in Alexandria:

Command Post 503, Dumfries - Triangle VFD. 2002 E-One Cyclone II/VanMor, main command post for Prince William County.

Pete 389 for Redman Fleet Services out of Lorton, VA:

W900 for Redman:

« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 07:50:06 PM by partsman88 »

Hank's Truck Forum

Fuel tank action on the Fairfax County Parkway
« on: June 30, 2018, 06:41:47 PM »

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Re: Fuel tank action on the Fairfax County Parkway
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 07:31:44 PM »
Here's the next reason I started this thread. One of the perks of being on the main access road to I-95 from Fort Belvoir is seeing the occasional military convoy roll by.

These next several units are all from the Army's 411th Engineer Brigade, 463rd Engineer Battalion, 299th Engineer Co. which is based out of Fort Belvoir:

FL M916 LET (Light Equipment Transport):

Oshkosh 10 ton 8x8 M1120 HEMTT LHS. HEMTT stands for Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck. LHS refers to the Load Handling System (the crane on the back used to pick up loads like the can):

Oshkosh 10 ton 8x8 M1977 HEMTT w/ M15 BAP. The M1977 is the HEMTT equipped for handling BAP's, which are bridge adapter pallets, aka what he's hauling is a cross section for what they refer to as the ribbon bridge assembly.

AM General Humvee. Still the best version of the Humvee, definitely better looking than the civilian versions.

Standard 10 ton HEMTT, or 10 ton as they call it for short (according to my brother, ex-Marine motor t mechanic):

Oshkosh 2.5 ton 4x4 LMTV (Light Medium Tactical Vehicle):

Oshkosh 5 ton 6x6 MTV:

This next Humvee is for the DC Army National Guard's 372nd Military Police Battalion, 273rd Military Police Co. out of DC:

These next several shots are for the DC Army National Guard's 74th Troop Command, 547th Transportation Co.

Oshkosh 5t 6x6 MTV:

Oshkosh 5t 6x6 MTV:

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 12:42:13 PM »
Good stuff  8) 8)

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 12:42:13 PM »