If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: The '03 9900i Eagle I Drive  (Read 241 times)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
The '03 9900i Eagle I Drive
« on: June 23, 2018, 08:53:55 PM »
Finally, she's reaching a point I feel she's presentable after six months of driving it. Decided it was time to get an actual camera out while it's freshly polished up. This is pretty much how I want it to look, other than I hope to ditch the headache rack. Turns out it's a pretty comfortable truck and it's been pretty reliable for it's age. Really has grown on me a lot, but it is a completely different truck from what shape it was in when I first climbed in, haha. The trailers are '94s, but they're super straight. They're dirty right now, no sense paying the big bucks to have them washed as long as I'm hauling asphalt though. I get the bottom covered in asphalt and diesel everyday and get the top covered in asphalt release agent.

The boss keeps bringing up new exhaust tips and a new visor, but I don't think I'll push the issue, it's good enough for me!
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Hank's Truck Forum

The '03 9900i Eagle I Drive
« on: June 23, 2018, 08:53:55 PM »

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Re: The '03 9900i Eagle I Drive
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 08:56:34 PM »
Not sure why those two are sideways, they're not sideways on Slickpic.

tery

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 06:06:49 AM »
Its hard to keep a working truck clean . Your rig looks like it is on the way to a truck show , nice job !
________ IH 9670 ________

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 08:09:10 AM »
Lookin' good PBT, I like what you've done to it too. And it looks as clean as any asphalt hauler I've seen lol, even the trailers don't look too bad given the work they do.

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 11:59:27 AM »
I would say your truck looks really good for a 9900.  I like the paint scheme, and the pinstriping is one of those little details that really goes a long way.  Otherwise, I say it "looks good for a 9900" just because I've never really cared for the way those look for some reason, but it's not like there's anything you can do about that.

BTW, how does this truck ride compared to other trucks you've driven/ridden in?  I ask this because last summer I got the chance to go for a ride in a 9900, and I found the ride to be very firm and rough, with smaller bumps still easily felt up my spine.  I've also noticed that International brand school buses I've been on ride the same way, while Blue Bird buses were noticeably more composed.  Which makes me wonder if it's just an International thing?  I don't have any other trucks to compare to; I've ridden in a 2014 Volvo VNL for a very short distance and not at highway speeds, and it seemed to ride better, but that's about it.  Or are all trucks just that way?

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 04:40:02 PM »
Very nice Peterbilttrucker!! My favorite truck, the 9900i. I had a 2002 loaded Eagle with a C15 Cat, heavy spec but with the 56 inch high rise sleeper and moose bumper with lots of extra lighting power.

Truck was bulletproof and is still going, still grossing 140,000 pounds every day on and off road and never opened up, with well over 2 million KM's.

Yes they ride a bit rough (mine had 16 and 46's, double frame) and the headlights need help, but it took a beating and kept coming back for more. I hauled 5 and 6 axle log and walking floor trailers on and off road.

Looking good!
The New Generation: 'You have what we call an irrational sense of entitlement. It won't kill you, but it will cause you to believe that you deserve top pay for doing nothing.'

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 01:57:45 PM »
I would say your truck looks really good for a 9900.  I like the paint scheme, and the pinstriping is one of those little details that really goes a long way.  Otherwise, I say it "looks good for a 9900" just because I've never really cared for the way those look for some reason, but it's not like there's anything you can do about that.

BTW, how does this truck ride compared to other trucks you've driven/ridden in?  I ask this because last summer I got the chance to go for a ride in a 9900, and I found the ride to be very firm and rough, with smaller bumps still easily felt up my spine.  I've also noticed that International brand school buses I've been on ride the same way, while Blue Bird buses were noticeably more composed.  Which makes me wonder if it's just an International thing?  I don't have any other trucks to compare to; I've ridden in a 2014 Volvo VNL for a very short distance and not at highway speeds, and it seemed to ride better, but that's about it.  Or are all trucks just that way?

Well, most of my driving experience is in dirt trucks, that are built for punishing terrain. This truck is more built for highway use (and has more wheelbase) and I think it rides better than the last two new Peterbilts I had. It's definitely more quiet inside. I think a lot of big trucks might seem kinda rough to people that haven't spent much time in them...that's a lot of weight hitting the bumps. I never thought 9900s were real appealing either, but they've grown on me. At least it's clean and polished and people know it's me, haha. Even gotten a few compliments from the crew on the paving job I've been on and no one believes it's fifteen years old. Kinda fun.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 02:00:57 PM »
Very nice Peterbilttrucker!! My favorite truck, the 9900i. I had a 2002 loaded Eagle with a C15 Cat, heavy spec but with the 56 inch high rise sleeper and moose bumper with lots of extra lighting power.

Truck was bulletproof and is still going, still grossing 140,000 pounds every day on and off road and never opened up, with well over 2 million KM's.

Yes they ride a bit rough (mine had 16 and 46's, double frame) and the headlights need help, but it took a beating and kept coming back for more. I hauled 5 and 6 axle log and walking floor trailers on and off road.

Looking good!

The truck does seem to handle off-road pretty well, I was actually surprised by that. Day after day, mile after mile, it just keeps making it through (and it's not even heavy spec). That being said, when it's time to order me a new truck, I still hope for a Kenworth or Peterbilt, haha...but I think I can enjoy this one for a long time yet.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 02:05:04 PM »
Thanks everybody! I got it washed again yesterday and the trailers too, I think I'll have a break from asphalt hauling and haul some road base and seal chips for awhile.

This picture was before my wash, but it stayed pretty clean for awhile. Sitting on the fresh asphalt in the brake check we repaved as part of the highway we were doing for the last month.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 02:05:04 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs