If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Cl-assi Inc.  (Read 765 times)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Cl-assi Inc.
« on: July 07, 2019, 05:58:05 PM »
This has been my company name since I started playing ATS when it came out, it's a South Park reference for those of you unfamiliar. I just got back into the game over this long holiday weekend, after two years away due to focusing on my actual truck photography. It took a bit of work getting my old profile with 12 garages/60 drivers and 50k miles driven/6m in the bank running again, I had to start from square one and get rid of all my old mods (my current profile is mod-free at the moment) and my old Logitech Driving Force GT no longer works due Logitech discontinuing support for it, so right now I'm keyboarding (until someone puts a steering wheel on sale). Bought all the expansions I was missing, NM/OR/WA/heavy haul/forest machinery loads thanks to the Steam Summer Sale so now I'm back up to date on those.

First up my first load, took this tridem Wallbert trailer from Phoenix (my home garage) up to Portland. Seen here at the huge truck stop north of Medford, OR.

Passing through Portland en route to the Portland Cargo Terminal:

After that I decided to experiment with the new trailer purchasing, I bought my first trailer, a 53' reefer. Seen here after picking up a load of dynamite to run from Salem, OR to Sierra Vista, AZ.

Coming down the I-5 into northern Cali:

After delivering the dynamite to Sierra Vista, I decided to dabble in the heavy haul market. Picked up this 90k 'dozer to haul from Sierra Vista to Tucumcari, NM. I had the right motor and 18 speed equipped for heavy hauling but I forgot the banner/flags.

After getting my rig properly equipped I ran this mobile barrier from Santa Fe to Flagstaff. It was challenging due to the length:

The hard part was backing it in the back corner all the way from the main road. I pulled in at first but the trailer was too long to hang a u-turn inside. I hope that's the last time I have to do that on the keyboard lol.

From there I picked up a hot load of fresh KW's to haul up to the Port of Oakland:

At the Port of Oakland I picked up another heavy hauler, this 80k generator was needed ASAP in Port Angeles, WA:

The generator load was my worst yet, I let the game idle while I stepped out for 10 minutes and lost several in-game hours. Tried to make it up en-route but got stopped on a bridge in Washington state thanks to a boat crossing and I ended up an hour late. Lost half my profit on that deal thanks to it. Afterwards, in Port Angeles I decided to go big or go home with this massive 45x15x15 silo from the Special Transport add-on. 2 pilot cars and 1 trip from Port Angeles to Aberdeen later, I finished this. Easily the most challenging load I've ever done, esp. with a keyboard.

The amount of improvements they've made since the last time I played is numerable. From unexpected delays/detours to owning your own trailers (box vans, reefers, flatbeds, conestoga's, loggers, RMD's/triple's, the variety is extensive), to Volvo VNL's arriving in game (my only complaint is I wish they had updated the models to the newer VNL's instead of the old style), to New Mexico/Oregon/Washington all arriving, they've done a ton of work to make the game more enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing what the future holds, including Utah coming up next. I'll be updating this eventually, just not sure when with all the other projects I need to work on.

Hank's Truck Forum

Cl-assi Inc.
« on: July 07, 2019, 05:58:05 PM »

Ray F

Re: Cl-assi Inc.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 07:40:45 PM »
Very Cool Shots  8)

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 04:41:30 PM »
Mighty fine looking rig, and some really cool loads. 8)
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 04:53:18 PM »
Really like the different loads. 8) Do you own the different trailers or rent them at each town you stop in? ???

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 08:11:13 PM »
Thanks guys. Charlie the only trailer I own is the reefer (although I bought a conestoga, a flatbed, and a box van trailer I let all my company drivers use those so they're being put to work making money). All the other trailers in the shots you use when you go to pickup a load, you have the option to use your own trailer or to haul the load on their trailer. They don't let you own the lowboys/specialty trailers in game, but I don't mind because that would be a PITA driving everywhere. The way it works is you can check available loads in towns you've already passed through. Then you select the load, you have a certain amount of time to get to the business and pick it up and then you have a certain amount of time to finish the job. More money if you get the job done on time with no damages.

tery

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 04:22:03 AM »
I would like to learn to play a game like that . Does the game pay the truck by the mile or percentage ?
In real life it is the trailer that makes the profit , even for a owner operator .
__________ In memory of drivers __________
 Red Ball , Georgia Fox , Yardbird , Diamond Doll

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 12:39:16 PM »
I would like to learn to play a game like that . Does the game pay the truck by the mile or percentage ?
In real life it is the trailer that makes the profit , even for a owner operator .

By the mile. The game is only available on Steam IIRC. It doesn't require too many resources to play like the major franchise titles either.

Ray F

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 01:12:37 PM »

By the mile. The game is only available on Steam IIRC. It doesn't require too many resources to play like the major franchise titles either.
Some loads pay very well per mile Literally  ;) I've had a load a few weeks ago pay $600 to go just A Mile  ;D I've even some loads pay $2400 to go a mile or 2  ;)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 01:15:38 PM »
Sounds like easy money Ray, I wish it was that easy for all of us haha.

Ray F

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 01:20:31 PM »
I have my loads selection cut down to short routes only lol I cant drive 500+ miles in game  ;) Plus I like Lately I try to stay in WA (Tacoma) to haul Forestry Equpiment  8) love those Mountain roads and also hopping on/off the Ferry alot ;D

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 02:40:09 PM »
I have my loads selection cut down to short routes only lol I cant drive 500+ miles in game  ;) Plus I like Lately I try to stay in WA (Tacoma) to haul Forestry Equpiment  8) love those Mountain roads and also hopping on/off the Ferry alot ;D

Nice, I'm planning on sticking to Oregon/WA for a while as I have a ton of new roads to explore up there. The long distance loads pay great but I like exploring the new roads more.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 02:40:09 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs