If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Howdy, y'all  (Read 829 times)

1 Old FORD Man

• Regular Membership
Howdy, y'all
« on: April 25, 2018, 03:04:38 PM »
Howdy folks. Just signed up, not a whole lot to add, but plenty of questions. I drove a few years & then got my clutch leg busted. After a few years & at least 2 surgeries, it was pretty evident my driving career was over before it started. My first (civilian) driving job was a little (MAYBE? 5 trucks) outfit in el passo. After that, about 3 years at elbar, inc. (mail hauler from el passo) & then went to Werner. Got knocked off a loading dock downtown St. Louis & that's all she wrote. 1991 was the last time I was in a truck. Like I said, lots of questions. I'll start off with elbar, are they still around? After I started with Werner, I heard they were starting to haul freight, too. IF my memory's correct (ALWAYS a question), they'd bought the old Sam Tanksley terminal in Moriarty, New Mexico. Don't know if they moved up there or what, doubt it. They had a city run (straight trucks) in el passo, no way they could run that from there (although they WERE trying to run San Francisco - Cincinnati & Seattle - Memphis out of el passo when they first got the contracts).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 04:33:02 PM by 1 Old FORD Man »

Hank's Truck Forum

Howdy, y'all
« on: April 25, 2018, 03:04:38 PM »

tery

• Regular Membership
Re: Howdy, y'all
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 06:36:32 PM »
Howdy and welcome to the forum ... I mostly ran flatbeds in the S.E. - Thanks for signing on !
__________ In memory of drivers __________
 Red Ball , Georgia Fox , Yardbird , Diamond Doll

JJG

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 10:32:02 PM »
Welcome to the forum, hope yo enjoy! I can't answer any of your questions this time around but I'm sure someone here can and will!

Jim.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 10:32:02 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs