If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Thanks hank  (Read 311 times)

timmychriss

• Regular Membership
Thanks hank
« on: April 09, 2018, 06:56:47 PM »
Earliest memories was playing trucks on the dog house of my dad's lumber truck, on my way to shift a brownie one day. Dad drove logging trucks in northern California then lumber trucks I remember Saturdays spent at the truck shop washing the truck, then dad would be gone for a couple days would call all the time, he had a rotary phone with a long distance operator on the dash. When he came home always thought it was to pick me up and take me back  with him. Dad quit driving retired the corner iron handle and started selling lumber, did real good till tragedy struck he got killed in a car never would have thought, drinking and driving didn't mix well.fast forward 40 years 10 years tell retirement and need a plan, found a 1986 cabover Pete lumber truck on hwy99 last week while working in Modesto, affordable been setting for 9 years kinda excited and scared, don't really know anything about going about it other than driving it to sparks and parking it in the back yard, have had some practical driving but not much and finding a load with a truck and trailer might tough. Many thanks for letting me share and any advice would be greatfull.

Hank's Truck Forum

Thanks hank
« on: April 09, 2018, 06:56:47 PM »

tery

• Regular Membership
Re: Thanks hank
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 05:08:51 AM »
Welcome to the forum .
You have a nice introduction and will enjoy it here .
Advice on driving ? ... an Old Timer once told me "Why buy a truck if someone else will pay you to drive one" .
________ IH 9670 ________

timmychriss

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 06:35:12 AM »
Thanks Tery, I take that advice from the old timer, and it's very true, I have been told what to do and where to be for the last 40 years when I retire God and my wife are the only two I will be awsering to. Never been this old before and it looks like I will also be awsering to the DMV, the IRS and the DOT.

tery

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 10:38:57 AM »
Good luck ...keep the rubber side down , the shiny side up , the bugs off your glass , and the bears off your ass .
Please continue posting on how you are doing for us .
________ IH 9670 ________

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 10:38:57 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs