If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Mooby's Movers (Updated 7-16-19)  (Read 12933 times)

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: Mooby's Movers (Updated 3-21-19)
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2019, 06:43:28 AM »
You seem to be in Mover's Heaven down there in your area but that makes sense given the military and government presence in the area.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 01:05:54 PM by charlie »

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2019, 06:43:28 AM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2019, 08:41:49 AM »
Daley & Wanzer had some unique rigs back in the day.....there's an old White 3000 on their website.  8) I caught a retired Marmon COE at a show in North Ft. Myers FL in late March 2016.....I believe the driver (Herb) is part owner of the company.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2019, 12:35:07 PM »
What I'd give to see matching rigs like those still in action Charlie, they are only getting harder to find as time goes on. Thanks for sharing that Marmon. And yeah, this is definitely mover's paradise down here. This is the slow season too lol, can't wait until summer when it picks back up again.

Rob, I've seen several rigs for Ford Van Lines over the years and I'm pretty sure they've been around for a while. My sympathies for the Cup drought in Toronto, I would go insane if I had to wait that long for one of my teams to reach the promised land. Speaking of AMJ Campbell I just saw a pretty Pete 579 with a matching paintjob pulling out from Paxton's yard in Springfield but I couldn't get a clean shot of it. Love seeing those Canadian movers.

JJG

« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2019, 10:06:56 PM »
Wow, that Marmon, with the spokes on it too yet, what a cool truck! I may have to visit their site now!

Jim.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2019, 07:09:38 PM »
Today was a good day in terms of shots, as spring draws nearer it seems moving season is starting to get rolling again.

Got up at 3:30 this morning to head into Alexandria before work to grab this shot, I saw it last night on my way through Alexandria while dealing with the aftereffects of the Beltway being shut down for a truck load of insulation that caught fire. Sometimes bad things work out in your favor. No agent on the door so I'm assuming he works for Atlas directly.

Transitioning to after work, caught this VNL300 for Buehler Co. out of Fort Worth rolling out of industrial complex near my neighborhood in Woodbridge:

Then I caught this W900 for Terminal Storage Co. of Jacksonville, NC hanging out in front of Pullen's warehouse:

Then a Volvo for Carlyle that I've been hunting for 2 years passed me, so I decided to cruise up the road to see if it had stopped for the night and I caught this at the Quality Inn in Woodbridge:

Success! I've seen the tractor and the trailer too many times to count over the last two years, but he always drops the trailer before parking in Woodbridge proper for the night. This time caught him hanging out at Quality Services Moving's warehouse before he had dropped the trailer. He leases the truck and trailer to Carlyle, and this is the only Volvo and only tridem I've ever seen for Carlyle too.

And a couple more recents from the last month or so, caught this 389 with a neat double drop for AAction Movers of Bismarck, ND leaving Woodbridge:

And caught a new VNL860 for Armstrong also headed out of Woodbridge recently:

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
Re: Mooby's Movers (Updated 4-5-19)
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2019, 09:22:25 PM »
I'm a sucker for cool big bunks, so that W900 for Terminal Storage is right up my alley, such a cool rig. 8)
The Armstrong VNL860 looks pretty good, it has some nice extra touches.
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

JJG

« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2019, 10:42:24 PM »
The Atlas KW is a beauty!! The Interstate looks OK with the blue Pete, matches somewhat to the logo on the trailer!

Jim.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2019, 07:38:04 AM »
Thanks guys. I like catching Interstate rigs without the green because typically Interstate will make them paint over it, although they might've loosened up on that restriction since they acquired Red Ball.

And I love the big bunk/spread axle look on that W900, but I really wish the owner would take the time to put some new paint on it. It doesn't look good just removing Atlas from the name and still leaving up the rest of the paint on there. Terminal isn't an Atlas agent so the look is misleading too.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #143 on: May 15, 2019, 04:54:24 PM »
As moving season heats up again it's really been a fantastic month in terms of catches. I can't wait to see what summer brings after this.

This set starts with a truck that I shot back in March. It's a truck that's never been on my radar despite living in Woodbridge for 17 years now. Always fun finding new catches for companies you thought had nothing new left to share. This sharp 379 appears to have been with Joe Moholland for a while.

Fast forward a couple months to Monday when I visited the truck stops between Ruther Glen and Ashland after a quick stop in Fredericksburg. Shot this super neat K100 for Capitol Moving & Storage of Hartford, CT at the Flying J in Ruther Glen:

Fast forward again to today, where the remainder of my catches all were shot. Occasionally you get lucky and find a smorgasbord of willing rigs waiting to be shot. Today was one of those days.

T660 for Carlyle Van Lines, shot just before 5 am in Woodbridge:

389 for Covan, formerly of Red Ball, then Interstate, and now it appears he's found a home with Covan. Shot just after that T660 which was parked in the same shopping center:

379 for National Moving Systems of Broadview, IL. Shot taken just after that 389, this was sitting in the adjacent shopping center:

389 for Alexander's Mobility Services. This was shot about 20 minutes later in Alexandria in Paxton's yard:

The one I've been waiting on since I first shot it in the dark last year. T600 for Chipman out of Spokane, WA. Shot around 4 pm rolling out of Woodbridge after unloading at Joe Moholland. Could use some fresh paint but otherwise still a neat rig:

W900 for Suddath, pretty sure I've shot this before. Seen rolling out of Woodbridge around 4:30 this afternoon:

JJG

Re: Mooby's Movers (Updated 5-15-19)
« Reply #144 on: May 15, 2019, 09:44:42 PM »
Great shots like you say, what a harvest! I wouln't capture that many in a 10 year span! Although I like the big bunk trucks, that Mayflower Peterbilt is absolutely stunning, perfect Peterbilt!!

The K100 is very sharp too!

Jim.

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #145 on: May 15, 2019, 09:47:03 PM »
The K100 is quite a catch, a K100 is unusual enough, being a straight truck is even more unusual and cool.
The Suddath W9 is a mighty fine looking rig, really nice catch. 8)
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2019, 03:59:41 PM »
I think I've caught that K00 straight truck also. 8) The UVL KW T600 may be in need of some TLC but it still looks good in the old traditional livery. :)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2019, 05:37:07 PM »
Ha, I called it when we spoke earlier Charlie, I swear I've seen a shot of that K100 on here before. Just glad I had the opportunity to get my own shot of it.

And thanks guys, glad you liked the shots. Moving season is probably my favorite season of the year lol, so many opportunities to see unique trucks.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2019, 06:18:00 PM »
Moving season hasn't provided as many opportunities this year as it did last year, but slow season for me is still busy compared to everyone else. All of these were taken in the last 3 weeks or so.

First up a shot from today. Allied W900 for what appears to be Shiffield Moving on the box but Google says there's only a Sheffield Moving of Ontario as an Allied agent. I'll go with Sheffield. First time I've shot this rig too which is starting to become a rarity for me in the HHG field.

I think this is a new rig for Williams, never saw it before but it's been hanging around Woodbridge a ton the last few weeks. That was yesterday's shot of the day too:

One of my catches from Saturday, caught this Prostar for United agent Lindsay Movers of Lindsay, ON offloading into a rental in Alexandria:

Another Saturday catch, this old WIA for Paxton Van Lines of Springfield is still cranking:

I'm disappointed they wasted this cool paint on a Cascadia, but otherwise always nice to find matching paintjobs on movers nowadays. This operator works for A-1 Moving of Jupiter, FL:

New VNL860 for Arpin agent Hampton Roads Moving & Storage of Hampton Roads, VA.

This was another new catch for me, shot in the last week of June. Nice W900 for Wheaton Van Lines:

The classic look for Carlyle Van Lines of Warrensburg, MO:

Sharp 389 for Joyce Van Lines of Oxford, CT. Was hoping to get a chance to talk to the operator to see if he knows Finn Murphy but no chance, cab was empty.

I've posted this one before but the night shot really helped obscure how beat up this 9800 for Hill Moving Services of Poulsba, WA is. This daytime shot tells the whole story though.

charlie

• Regular Membership
Re: Mooby's Movers (Updated 7-16-19)
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2019, 07:15:53 PM »
The oldies are cool  8)...it's amazing how in days of yore truckers actually criss crossed North America in rigs like the 9800. ;D

Hank's Truck Forum

Re: Mooby's Movers (Updated 7-16-19)
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2019, 07:15:53 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs