If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: 10.... #2  (Read 1522 times)

HuntFlatbed

• Just Trying To Keep Up With The Real Truckers.....
    • My RR Pics
10.... #2
« on: March 11, 2018, 03:09:04 PM »
More!!  These all seem to come from 3/9/18. 

A 359 in 2017 pulling a Tanker on US30 near Logan, IA

The World of Pig Haulers.. This Pete hauling a PORK CHOP Pot is heading EB on US30 and I have since determined that this Pete has been sold amongst several owners, upgraded and modified at each turn. 

Hay!  A Unknown Pete 389 pulling a StepDeck of Hay Bales EB on US30

Reliant Gases of Midland, TX has been for about a year running beefy 567 Daycabs like this one with Carbon Dioxide Bottles on US30

Decker of Fort Dodge, IA has this Pete 389 #2600 coming into NE on US30.  JAN/NORSEMAN has hypothesized that This 389 with its Beefy Moose Bumper is likely out of Decker's relatively (few years) new Missoula, MT Terminal. 

Wurtele Heavy Equipment Hauling LLC, of Norfolk, NE operates this Nice IH 9900 Daycab hauling a older CAT Grader for NERI Contractors & Excavators Inc., of Lake In The Hills, IL

And a relatively stock 389 minus the visor for Custom Commodities Transport of Gilmer, TX hauling a Bulker of Activated Carbon.

Let's go to Texas, where this fleet is from... Caught in IA just South of Council Bluffs, IA is this 379 for Evenson Trucking Co., of Amarillo, TX

And then there is Valley Transport, of Grand Meadow, MN. Heavy Hauler 389!

And a 379 heading SB on I-29 for BL Howard Trucking Inc., of Neosho, MO.

And lastly, 2 views of 2 New VNLs for Decker of Fort Dodge, IA pulling Wheat Germ to the Massive Cargill Facility in Blair, NE.

Hank's Truck Forum

10.... #2
« on: March 11, 2018, 03:09:04 PM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: 10.... #2
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 03:29:31 PM »
Is the Custom Commodities Pete an O/O? ??? All I've ever seen is Binders in their fleet.

HuntFlatbed

• My RR Pics
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 03:33:10 PM »
Is the Custom Commodities Pete an O/O? ??? All I've ever seen is Binders in their fleet.

This is my first sighting of this outfit that I can recall...  So your knowledge of it is greater than mine.

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 08:21:04 PM »
Very interesting to see a 389 still with Decker; I believe they had some a while ago but now that they've gone all aero I wonder why they still have this one.  I do recall seeing one a few months ago on I-69 in Indiana, but am 99% sure that it was the same unit you caught.  Also, cool catch on the new Volvos for Decker.  I think you're the first forum member to have caught one out on the road.

HuntFlatbed

• My RR Pics
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 01:22:53 PM »
Very interesting to see a 389 still with Decker; I believe they had some a while ago but now that they've gone all aero I wonder why they still have this one.  I do recall seeing one a few months ago on I-69 in Indiana, but am 99% sure that it was the same unit you caught.  Also, cool catch on the new Volvos for Decker.  I think you're the first forum member to have caught one out on the road.

Jan and I were discussing this and he ventured the Opinion that these 389s run out of Decker's few-years old Missoula, MT Terminal.

As far as the Deckers, I think maybe so.  These Wheat Germ haulers run down US30 from Fort Dodge, IA so I tend to see them every single day, and it allows me to keep a eye on what they're doing. 

Jon_G

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 12:57:05 PM »

The Evenson 379 is the favorite for me, just awesome! As for Decker, they used to run a fleet of 379's and 387's, but the 389's I think are actually pretty new. I'm thinking if they run them out of Missoula, that they probably have them for the durability, with all the animal crossings as well as just the bad weather in the winter, they probably just hold up better than the aero rigs.

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 12:57:05 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs