If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Mack and Special Transport Day, Amsterdam, 2017  (Read 1618 times)

norseman

• Administrator
Mack and Special Transport Day, Amsterdam, 2017
« on: February 08, 2018, 01:50:14 PM »
I decided to take a quick trip down to the Netherlands last fall, and I went to a rather specialized truck show in the Amsterdam area, called the Mack and Special Transport Day. Here, you can see American trucks, especially Macks (which were imported and sold in Holland in the 60s and 70s or thereabouts), antique trucks, and special transport - heavy haul, oversize, and crane trucks/mobile cranes. Here's a taste of what one could see there.

This beast was probably the most impressive truck at the show. It is a 1978 Mack F700 called Bonzo Bear. It used to be owned by Brisiths company Chris Miller, and also went to Kenya where it hauled very heavy loads of up to 200 tons for many years, srtill working for this British company. It has now been brought back to Europe to enjoy its retirement.

Here is one of the Dutch Mack F's, with the characteristic high cab that was converted in Holland. In the background is an Ultraliner.

Mack N68 and N61.

Three examples of a famous Dutch make, FTF. These were typically fitted with Detroit two stroke engines and non-synchro gearboxes, and were typically used for heavy haulage.

Another famous Dutch make is Terberg, and they started out in the 70s and are still going strong, all the whole specializing in heavy duty tractors and crane trucks, mostly. They now use Volvo cabs, while these older ones had Mercedes cabs.

Very sweet Scania T143E-500 heavy hauler for van Wijgergen Transport.

Mack B-61 owned by Lewiszong, Bergharen.

One doesn't often see an antique, restored mobile crane, yet here one is. Jos Blom is now a very big crane company in the Amsterdam area, yet Mr Blom started out in 1987 with this one used Grove TMS250.

FTF heavy hauler for Van Schie. Has a Detroit V8 under the cab.

Three nice 70s Henschels. Henschel was a German company that got bought up by Mercedes in the late 70s or so.

This is also an older mobile crane, a Liebherr; I assume this is from the 90s. Vershcoor, Sassenheim, is the owner.

This is either a CCC or an AM General, or possibly both. :P I assume it is ex-military, at least. Notice the antique bulldozer on the trailer.

Very sharp new Volvo FH heavy hauler for Schoones B.V.

Sweet Scania 143E-500 heavy hauler for Brouwer.

Ending with a sweet old V8 powered MAN 19.304 in the livery of T. v.d. Stoel & Zn.

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Hank's Truck Forum

Mack and Special Transport Day, Amsterdam, 2017
« on: February 08, 2018, 01:50:14 PM »

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
Re: Mack and Special Transport Day, Amsterdam, 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 02:30:49 PM »
I'm stunned to see Mack N61 and N68 on European continent. It 's cool.

US MAIL GUY

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 02:39:04 PM »
Jan,
   Enjoyed the photos , especially the N model Macks.
                                               Gary

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 04:45:49 PM »
Wow!!! Great photos as usual Jan. 8) The Dutch high cab Mack F is very cool.........I see one at the Mack shows in Lititz & Macungie every year. :)

Huskidrive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 01:57:42 PM »
I caught this F Model in Amsterdam about 10 years ago.

When Twin Golden Huskies Pass You...... It's HUSKIDRIVE!

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 10:09:42 AM »
Jan That is a good show I could look at Mack F700s all day. Bonzo Bear is back in the UK once more.    Bob.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 10:44:20 AM »
Damn, I don't even see Macks like those in the States. Another great set Jan, love the Jos Blom Grove and the Verschoor Liebherr as well.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 10:44:20 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs