If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: The LARGEST 1/64 Bay&Bay Transportation Display Ever Compiled, EVER!!!  (Read 381 times)

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
Bay&Bay's CEO asked me to set this up at their company Christmas Party two weeks ago.

This has been a long time coming....roughly 2yrs of real hard work...but ultimately, 5+yrs of collection.  Many of you know I have worked for Bay&Bay for the last 9+yrs on their Bulk Division.  I've shared many Bay&Bay photos here...but this probably will be the last Bay&Bay item I share....a culmination of 9+ years.  Bay&Bay has only produced 3 true stock 1/64 trucks (5 if you count the two done for D&T Trucking prior to Bay&Bay purchasing them)  All done by DieCast Promotions...and I've got them all, in some cases, multiples of each.  On my display, which I gave a Christmas Theme (tis the season) I count 54 Bay&Bay DCP trucks.  All trucks and trailers, except for the 5 DCP stock, have all custom graphics primarily produced by myself...some instances, Jay Lau of Drop And Hook Replicas, did decals as well.  I have him to thank for all his expertise and guidance on the entire decal process.

Enjoy the Photos...this is an actual 1/64 replica of our Bulk Division's terminal and property.  Don't believe me,  ;) see for yourself, and Satellite view it!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bay+%26+Bay+Transfer+Co+Inc/@44.781056,-93.2953005,17.25z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x87f63ae1514f48c3:0xecc3591de1a28b0d!8m2!3d44.7803481!4d-93.2940584

Hank's Truck Forum

Truck Driving Jobs

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: The LARGEST 1/64 Bay&Bay Transportation Display Ever Compiled, EVER!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 11:05:19 AM »
Wow.........that's amazing. :) 8) Great work Michael........hope the folks at Bay & Bay appreciate your effort. Btw I have a spot under my tree for that display if Santa can fit it in his sleigh. ;D

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 11:08:52 AM »
8' x 6' plywood boards!   That's small enough.  1,000lbs or so, easy for Santa's LTL division!

tery

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 11:34:58 AM »
(!) Truly Awesome (!)
---------- Keep On Trucking ----------

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • I'm Hooked on Wreckers Forever!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 12:41:15 PM »
WOW, that�s one heck of a layout! :o
Awesome job!!
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 10:31:04 PM »
Alright, this is way cool. Normally I'm not into scale trucks or anything, but this is quite the impressive collection you assembled here. And the variety with the decals is amazing as well, not to mention the replication of the place in real life. Great job dude.

JJG

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 12:46:44 AM »
Great job, I quite enjoy displays set up and to think you have all those from some one you work for is pretty dedicated, hope they appreciate it. Great scale to work with for adding the cars and so on with Green Light bringing some VERY awesome varieties to choose from.

Jim.

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 08:08:33 AM »
Thanks for all the kind words....the reactions from people besides myself are what make it all worthwhile! 

And you are right, Greenlight, and even some of the newer more detailed Matchbox/Hot Wheels really add to the display, thats for sure!!  Greenlight has been knocking toys out of the park lately!

mixerdoc

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 06:56:41 PM »
Fantastic layout and collection, love the decal work.  I have a pretty good collection of DCP trucks and have been planning to incorporate them with a train layout.  A cement terminal would fit in just great.  Your second set of silos have a different venting and dust collection set-up.  Where did you find this and would you mind posting a close-up of the dust collector system on top?

What are the hogs used for behind the silos and how does the cement get from the rail car through the sacking facility to the silo?  Also, you have a lot of tankers stacked there.  How many go out on an average day?

Thanks for the info.

Gene

US MAIL GUY

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 07:28:04 PM »
Mike,
   Great job!! I see a future driver admiring the display.
                                                   Gary

james j neiweem

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 08:58:03 AM »
Great job Mike. I am trying to do something similar. Where do you get the 1/64 buildings, terminals etc. also the cement tanks. :)

Jimmy B

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 11:06:35 PM »
So, is the YRC terminal next door coming next year? LOL

Jimmy B

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2017, 01:00:47 PM »
I'll try to answer all the questions.

Gary Morton....that "future driver" is my 4yr old...I'm sure he'll be driving trucks at some point, its all he ever talks about!

JimmyB, the YRC next door would be an easy layout...but I'll need more plywood, they have a HUGE piece of property over there!  ;D

Gene and James, the silos and cement facility are both HO scale Walther's building kits that can be purchased.  If you go to eBay and search : "Walthers HO ADM elevator" for the white silos and "Walthers HO Medusa" for the silos with the dust collector, you'll find these two sets.

Also Gene, the bulk company I drive for, we have roughly 100 trucks, and maybe 150 bulk tank trailers spread among our City and OTR fleet.  For my 1/64 display, I didn't have time or resources to get the train piece of the display more integrated with my trucks part of the display.  The real property does have big portable product storage silos on wheels, as it does have a couple extra rail sidings to get the train in closer to the Lehigh plant, but I didn't do that for my display.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2017, 01:00:47 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs