If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Wreaths Across America  (Read 1010 times)

cash flow

Re: Wreaths Across America
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2018, 05:10:19 PM »
Mooby,

Great photos.  Just some background on some of the trucks and drivers shown.

Scott Harris, the owner of the Harris and Sons Trucking Coronado from Patten, Maine is a Gold Star Parent. His trailer is in memory of his son, SPC Dustin J. Harris "Our Mighty Paratrooper".  His story can be found on the WWA Pottle's Transportation link.  Very moving.

I met and spoke with the Witte Bros driver at Dysart's in Hermon, Maine on the morning he was leaving to go to Columbia Falls to pick up this load.  He believes that he is the last Viet Nam veteran still driving for Witte Bros.  They have been participating for a number of years, and they asked him to participate this year.  They took delivery of this new trailer, had it wrapped, and sent him with it to deliver in Waterville and Bangor to get him to Maine.  The photo really doesn't do it justice.  You could feel the pride in his voice talking with him.

The WWC FL Classic is interesting.  He normally pulls an end dump trailer, transporting cow manure from Pineland Farms Beef Company in Fort Fairfield, Maine to Jonesport where they process it into high end compost.  But the truck always seems to look like this. 

Dave

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2018, 05:10:19 PM »

partsman88

• Regular Membership
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2018, 10:06:43 PM »
Awesome Dave, thanks for the backstory. I really appreciate the backstory of Scott Harris, I saw his Coronado leading the convoy into ANC in 2016 (which was my first year participating) and I always wondered what the connection was. Can't imagine what it's like being a Gold Star parent who gets to participate in such a special cause like this though. I understand what you mean about the Witte Bros' driver, I talked to the Dart Transit driver (who is a vet) this year and it was easy to tell how proud he was to be able to participate in this and for Dart to wrap his truck like they did. Same thing in 2016 too, it seems from the various drivers I've chatted with that they all enjoy participating in this if only for the experience of doing it. It's also nice seeing how many people show up, both years I've seen 50k show up to ANC and as they say, "many hands make light work."

And thanks for the additional info on the WWC FL Classic, I helped unload his truck this year and was hoping to get a chance to talk to the driver but never did. I saw him last year at ANC too, as far as trucks go I like it mainly because I never see tridem box trailers this far south. The matching livery is also pretty unique.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:09:23 PM by mooby346 »

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2018, 06:16:05 PM »
Nice series, Mooby, I know a few of those trucks, Paul Sagehorn is actually the guy that was featured in an episode of a TV Show called American Trucker, He owns both an original screen used Movin' On and B.J. and the Bear truck, His father actually drives the B.J. and the Bear truck, So, I'm surprised Paul used his Peterbilt 389 in the Wreaths Across America rather than the B.J. and the Bear truck, The Harris & Sons out of Patten, ME Freightliner Coronado, I see atleast twice a year at the show & shine spring time truck show in Lincoln, ME and again at the Back Row truck show in Houlton, ME, WWC Inc. usually attends the HCR Chrome Shop truck show in Hermon, ME every year and I didn't mention the brand of truck for WWC Inc. Because, They have five trucks, That Freightliner Classic that Mooby has gotten a picture of, Seen on here, Three set forward Freightliner FLD-120's that were eventually painted to match the colors of that Freightliner Classic and an older cream Peterbilt 359 with a turquoise frame, I know the owners of WWC Inc. As Dave said, It's interesting to see dry van hooked to it and it's also interesting to see it as far out as it is in your picture's, Because, They never usually got no more father than Washington D.C. When their trucks aren't hauling a dump end trailer in Maine, Washington D.C. or going into either New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island or Cape Breton Island in Canada, They're usually hauling flatbeds to coast of Maine, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Vermont or Rhode Island, They also go into New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island or Cape Breton Island in Canada with their flatbeds as well, Too, When they haul their dump ends in Maine, They either haul cow manure to Fort Fairfield, ME or Fort Kent, ME, Taking Route One through Easton, ME to get there or they take the I-95 and haul cow manure to Fairfield, ME, As Dave already mentioned the place they haul to in Fort Fairfield, ME is to Pineland Farms Beef Company, I am unsure where they go in either Fort Kent, ME or Fairfield, ME though, When they're not hauling cow manure to either Fort Fairfield, ME, Fort Kent, ME or Fairfield, ME, They will haul loads of loam taking Route One to either Loring Air Force Base in Limestone, ME or they will also take Route One to haul a load of loam to Northern Maine Paving in Van Buren, ME, They also haul loam to Ashland, ME as well, Too, But, Again, I am unsure where they go to when they haul loam into Ashland, ME, Usually when they go to Ashland, ME, They'll take Route One through Easton, ME all the way to Fort Kent, ME and than from Route One Fort Kent, ME, They will get onto Route Eleven to get to Ashland, ME and than once they leave Ashland, ME, They take Route Eleven back to Fort Kent, ME, To get back on Route One and from Fort Kent, ME, They'll head to Route One through Easton, ME, They only time they come to Dave's and my area with their flatbeds and take Route One through West Field, ME is when they haul wood to either Aroostook Trusses Inc. In Presque Isle, ME, Or to Caron's Lawn & Property Maintenance in Presque Isle, ME, They also haul to Theriault Equipment in Presque Isle, ME every once in a while as well, Too, Theriault Equipment happens to be our local John Deere dealership, So, When they do haul for Theriault Equipment, They're probably hauling something to do with tractor supplies or it maybe even a tractor it's self every once in a while, When they take one of their dump end trailers to Washington D.C. or into Canada, They're usually hauling Mulch, I'm not sure what they usually haul on their flatbeds and who they haul loads, Besides their Presque Isle, ME runs, The only thing I know is what the states they go to with their flatbeds, The C in the WWC name stands for Coffin and the two W's in the WWC name stands for Wade & Will, The two Co Owners of the company are Wade & Will, The Co Owners are brothers, Wade keeps and drives that Freightliner Classic himself that Mooby has gotten a picture of, Seen on here, Will drives one of the three set forward Freightliner FLD-120, Wade & Will made a custom bumper that looks like it wraps around the front of the truck for the truck Will drives and keeps for himself, The other two set forward Freightliner FLD-120's are driven by two drivers Robert (Bob) Benner and Chad Coulter and the older Peterbilt 359 is driven and owned by the original founder of the company, Wade & Will's Father, Wade & Will's Father's leases onto the company he passed down equal ownership to his two sons, Even though WWC INC. mainly hauls flatbeds and dump ends, Every year all five trucks at WWC INC. will pull a Dry Van in the Wreaths Across America Convoy, Their page on Facebook with picture's of their other trucks, With the exception of the older Peterbilt 359 can be seen here, Even if you don't have a Facebook account, The picture's on the page are still view able for the public to see and there is other, There's also video's of their trucks from the latest Wreaths Across America Convoy, They also have picture's of their trucks in the Wreaths Across America Convoy from the year before last year as well as picture's of the Wreaths Across America Convoy from three and four years ago, The picture's from three and four years ago aren't only picture's of their trucks, But, There's also picture's of other trucks that were in the Wreaths Across America Convoy from three and four years ago

https://www.facebook.com/WWC-Inc-475316845819945/
Lance C.

Founder of Lance's Truck Picture's

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2018, 06:19:25 PM »
Thanks for posting the Facebook link Lance. ;) WWC has a very sharp looking fleet.........don't think I've ever caught one in my travels. :-\

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2018, 03:10:57 AM »
Thanks for posting the Facebook link Lance. ;) WWC has a very sharp looking fleet.........don't think I've ever caught one in my travels. :-\

Charlie,

It depends on what part of New Jersey you are in,You maybe able to catch one in the future, They go to New Jersey quite frequently hauling flatbeds, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Vermont, Rhode Island or near the coast of Maine are the most frequent states they go to and usually when they do out of state trucking besides going down to Washington D.C. They're usually pulling their flatbeds and usually when they do their most frequent out of state trucking, They usually stick to being near the ports in the frequent states they go to, Although once in a while, Even though it's very rare that it happens, They might take a even longer trip hauling their flatbeds out to some of the states in the Mid West, The states they usually run out to in the Mid West and again, When they do run to these particular states, They usually stick to being near the ports in the state when they usually go to these particular states, Anyway, The list of these particular states that they run to when they do an even longer trip, Are Tennessee, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri, Indiana, Louisiana, Minnesota and Michigan, Usually when they run to Ohio, Illinois, Indiana or Michigan, They'll usually go start heading towards Pennsylvania once they get New York, And once they get into Pennsylvania from New York, They will start heading towards Ohio from there, Once they get into Ohio, It all depends on which state they're going to from there, If they're going to either Indiana or Michigan, Once they get into Ohio they'll start heading towards those particular states from Ohio, They'll also usually head towards Indiana and go through Indiana if they're going to go to either Illinois or Missouri, If they're going to Missouri they'll also usually go through Illinois as well, If they're going to Minnesota, Once they get into Illinois, They usually start heading towards Wisconsin and once they get into Wisconsin they'll usually start heading towards Minnesota, When they leave Minnesota they also go through Wisconsin again to get back into Illinois, When they actually go to Illinois, They may get another additional load going to Tennessee, Usually when they go to Tennessee, They'll cross state lines from Illinois into Tennessee, Once they get to Tennessee, They may get another additional load going to Louisiana, Usually from Tennessee state lines to get to Louisiana they'll cross into Alabama state lines and from Alabama state lines they'll cross into Mississippi state lines and from Mississippi states lines they'll cross into Louisiana state lines, From Louisiana, They'll usually get a load back to Indiana and they usually come back the same way they came, From Louisiana state lines, They'll cross into Mississippi state lines and from Alabama state lines, From Alabama state lines, They'll usually cross into Tennessee state lines and from Tennessee state lines, They'll cross into Illinois state lines and from Illinois state lines, They'll cross into Indiana state lines, Once they get to Indiana they usually get an additional load to Ohio and once they get to Ohio, They'll get their last load coming back home to Maine and once they leave Ohio state lines, They usually will cross into Pennsylvania state lines, I forgot to also mention that the older Peterbilt 359 doesn't haul a dump end trailer, But, They do have a container run where they will haul containers with it from time to time, Usually when the older Peterbilt 359 is running mid west and once in a while in Canada, It'll be containers, When the older Peterbilt 359 is running the most frequent states they haul to and when they to Washington D.C. with it, It's usually hauling a flatbed, Most of the time when the older Peterbilt 359 is going into Canada it's also pulling a flatbed, Too, When the older Peterbilt 359 is pulling containers it also goes to local job sites in Littleton, ME, Houlton, ME, Mars Hill, ME, Easton, ME, Eagle Lake, ME, Cyr Plantation, ME and in Hermon, ME, to pick up the containers that were used as storage on a particular job site and once he picks up a container that was used as storage on a particular job site, The older Peterbilt 359 will bring the container down to one of the ports in Portland, ME, I also forgot to mention earlier the other guy's driving the Freghtliners will also their dump end trailers to haul a load of Mulch to the J.M. Huber Corporation mill in Easton, ME
Lance C.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2018, 09:22:49 AM »
Well damn, sure seems like you know WWC real well Lance, thanks for all the information! I appreciate the FB link too, it's nice to see one outfit that are still fans of the FL conventionals.

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2018, 02:52:56 AM »
Well damn, sure seems like you know WWC real well Lance, thanks for all the information! I appreciate the FB link too, it's nice to see one outfit that are still fans of the FL conventionals.

We use to also have Hebert Brothers around here, That was an all Freightliner fleet, But, They closed down doors at the beginning of July back in 2014, They had 18 trucks, 17 of those trucks were the older mid-90's to early 2000's Freightliner Century's, two of those older mid-90's to early 2000's Freightliner Century's were day cab's, The last truck was also a day cab truck, But, I am unsure as to what type of model Freightliner it was, But, I do know the particular truck I am talking about was titled as a 1993 model, My Dad drove for a few smaller companies back in the mid 90's and early 2000's that would lease onto Hebert Brothers, Two of those companies he worked for right back to back, So, All he did for six years at one point was basically haul their loads, Fraser Paper was written in big letters down the sides of their trailers,  There's also another company called Gully Transportation, That's based out of Quincy, Illinois, Even though they have other terminal's in other states, The terminal they have in Quincy, Illinois is their home terminal, They also have atleast 500 trucks and 85% of the trucks in their fleet are Freightliner FLD-120's, When Freightliner was getting rid of the FLD-120's, They bought as many glider kits as they though and the last year Freightliner FLD-120 offered the FLD-120 they bought quite a few new units, Some of the glider kits they bought between 2003 and 2005 (You can still buy a Freightliner FLD-120 as a glider kit back in 2004 and 2005, even though they took the FLD-120 off the assembly line back in 2003) Anyway, Some of the Freightliner FLD-120 glider kits Gully Transportation bought between 2003 and 2005 haven't been built and put on the road as yet, He still has atleast four more years from now of brand new Freightliner FLD-120 glider kits to finish, build and put on the road as of right now, Some of the the Freightliner FLD-120 in the Gully Transportation fleet are alot more newer than what some of the people think they are, Back in the day around here in the early to mid 2000's, There was a company around here, That was in the same area Hebert Brothers was in, It was called DNL Trucking and than later got renamed as Straight Lines Transportation, Anyway, Besides having one Western Star 4900, A Kenworth T-800, A Kenworth T-600 and four International 9400I Eagle's, The majority of their fleet was also Freightliner trucks, The majority of their trucks were Freightliner FLD-120's, But, They also had a Freightliner Classic with the condo sleeper that was white, My father was actually an assigned driver to the Freightliner Classic at one time, But, When he was there it was at the beginning when it was named DNL Trucking and was an all Freightliner Fleet, All of the other Freightliner FLD-120's were dark blue with silver and light blue stripes, Back in the day before DNL Trucking was started, There use to also be company called Ouellette Farms, My father also drove there back in the mid 80's to the early 90's and When my father got done over there at the beginning of one year, With in that year he got done, The majority of their trucks were Freightliner FLD-120's as well, With the exception of four International 9400I Eagle's that was were bought towards the end of it, But, They closed down doors back in the late 90's, One of the owners son of Ouellette Farms was who started DNL Trucking and eventually renamed it to Straight Lines Transportation, He ended up buying the dark blue Freightliner FLD-120's and the shop when his father closed down Ouellette Farms, The bought half of the Freightliner FLD-120's his father had, Which would of been the newer one's, The older one's ended up getting sold out right when Ouellette Farms ended up closing down doors, That's also how DNL Trucking also ended up with four International 9400I Eagle's, That were also a dark blue color with silver and light blue stripes just like the Freightliner FLD-120's, But, Those four International 9400I Eagle's showed up after my father's time at DNL Trucking, The Kenworth T-800 they had was dark green, Again, It showed up after my father's time with DNL Trucking, The Kenworth T-600 they had was red, But,  Again, It showed up after my father's time with DNL Trucking and the Western Star 4900 they had was a lighter blue color with a pink, a purple and an even lighter color blue stripe than the truck was, But, Just like the Kenworth T-800 and Kenworth T-600, It showed up after my father's time with DNL Trucking
Lance C.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2018, 02:52:56 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs