If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: This one is bringing back some memories  (Read 214 times)

Hank's Truck Forum

This one is bringing back some memories
« on: December 06, 2017, 07:26:31 AM »

Paystar

• Regular Membership
Re: This one is bringing back some memories
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 05:24:10 PM »
They had many Generals in Sault Ste. Marie here back in the day Devin. Algoma Steel (who supplied steel to GMC Truck and Bus) bought a whole bunch of them set up as off road dump trucks and tandem flat beds in the mill. Most had the steel front fenders and 6V92 TTA 350's.

They were really good, tough trucks. They survived many years of abuse and being severely over-loaded. I think there is still one or two floating around in there.
The New Generation: 'You have what we call an irrational sense of entitlement. It won't kill you, but it will cause you to believe that you deserve top pay for doing nothing.'

Devin_Herriot

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 07:01:08 AM »
That's really cool... Jim had a general, basically identical to the one for sale, same colour... 8v92t 445HP...  Was a nice truck, all except I think it had a reyco under it...  Used to say it sure doesn't ride like a kw... But I said that doesn't matter, listening to that Detroit makes up for the sore back you had later on... For its day it was ahead of its game, power windows and big power...
...duties and obligations before pleasures and desires...

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 07:01:08 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs