If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Air systems  (Read 1111 times)

BCmech

• Regular Membership
Air systems
« on: October 15, 2017, 12:11:28 PM »
Hello there, I'm currently rebuilding a 1974 849 KW and the Air system is in pretty rough shape. I'm having a hard time finding diagrams of old off highway systems. If anyone has any leads on where I could find this info would be awesome. Also feel free to share your thoughts on going totally with a newer system. Thanks

Hank's Truck Forum

Air systems
« on: October 15, 2017, 12:11:28 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

KWJD

Re: Air systems
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 11:31:23 AM »
Hello there, I'm currently rebuilding a 1974 849 KW and the Air system is in pretty rough shape. I'm having a hard time finding diagrams of old off highway systems. If anyone has any leads on where I could find this info would be awesome. Also feel free to share your thoughts on going totally with a newer system. Thanks

So you can actually go to your local dealership and they can actually look this type of thing up.  Though there might be a fee to do so. 

If they cannot look it up, they can contact a PACCAR Parts who has researchers who should be able to look it up.

-John

Ex Road Pounder

• Proud member since July 10, 2003
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 09:06:26 AM »
If you find a maintenance manual for that truck model most likely there will be a diagram of the air system.
 KW is very popular. Should be able to look up info. on the internet without too much searching.
 I have good luck with my local NAPA store getting any brake system parts I've needed.
 Might need to find the right counterman, but they have most air system parts, or can get them in a day, or so.
 Hope this helps.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 09:06:26 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs