If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Hurricane Irma  (Read 114 times)

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Hurricane Irma
« on: September 12, 2017, 08:08:47 AM »
I hope all our Florida members came through this hurricane in good shape. I know Jamie's down in Key West (hopefully evacuated), chuckyr is in Ft. Myers & Yulee's up in Jacksonville. It was a wide ranging storm with a lot of destruction but here's hoping everyone is safe.

PS........I believe The Fugitive was flying into SWFLA in early September and planned on vacationing from Naples up to Sarasota with a planned stop at the 75 Chrome Shop in Wildwood but don't know if his trip was cancelled or not. :-\

Hank's Truck Forum

Hurricane Irma
« on: September 12, 2017, 08:08:47 AM »

mooby346

• Regular Membership
Re: Hurricane Irma
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:34:26 AM »
Got a lot of family down there but they made it through alright, although my aunt's house in Miami did suffer some flood damage. Hope you guys made it through alright too, property can always be fixed but lives are irreplaceable.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 09:00:21 AM »
I was down in NC for the weekend and Irma behaved & didn't come that far north. :) On Friday northbound I-95 was pretty solid from VA on down with people heading out of harms way..........yesterday on southbound I-95 it was quite a sight to see all the power company & tree trimming truck convoys heading down to help restore power in the affected areas. Impressive to see ConEd,PECO & outfits from DE,MA,CT,VT,NJ,VA & PA all heading south in an emergency. Latest i heard was 30 states sending equipment to the southeast..........God speed & be safe out there.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:30:56 AM by charlie »

Jim Herriot

• Regular Membership
  • ........who?........
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 12:43:28 PM »
...yesterday on southbound I-95 it was quite a sight to see all the power company & tree trimming truck convoys heading down to help restore power in the affected areas. Impressive to see ConEd,PECO & outfits from DE,MA,CT,VT,NJ,VA & PA all heading south in an emergency. Latest i heard was 30 states sending equipment to the southeast...

....couple hundred From Ontario Hydro as well. 8)...Jim. ;)

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ontario-sending-200-workers-to-help-restore-power-in-florida-1.3585155
...duties and obligations, before pleasures and desires...

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 04:38:16 PM »
Well a big thank you to our neighbors to the north for helping restore normalcy to the battered areas of Florida. :) ;)

Jon_G

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 08:13:16 PM »

Hope you all are staying safe out there. Have a few relatives down in FL as well who are thankfully alright, but my thoughts are with all those who were not so fortunate.

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 08:13:16 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs