If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: IFA, a very unusual East German made truck in Iran.  (Read 1658 times)

bengt

IFA, a very unusual East German made truck in Iran.
« on: August 09, 2017, 10:45:30 AM »

Hank's Truck Forum

« on: August 09, 2017, 10:45:30 AM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: IFA, a very unusual East German made truck in Iran.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 10:49:22 AM »
I enjoy your photos from places most of us will never get to visit. :) Just wondering how uncomfortable is it walking around & snapping photos in places most of us might think of as a hostile environment? ???

bengt

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 09:44:48 AM »

I enjoy your photos from places most of us will never get to visit. :) Just wondering how uncomfortable is it walking around & snapping photos in places most of us might think of as a hostile environment? ???

Totaly during more than 60 years I have been visiting about 80 countries. Only in Istanbul I encountered the unfreindly owner of this Ford tanker. Otherwise are people very friendly. Nowdays I am avoiding to travel in tropical and semi tropical countries due to health hazzards.

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 12:49:29 PM »
Way back in the early 70s every one in Iran ran about in Macks and Leylands with some Mercedes thrown in. It was said that the Guy that was in charge of the show back then would not have any thing from the Commy countries but who knows. I like the Turkish built BMC parked in the bushes next to the Ford Tanker.     Bob.

bengt

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 10:50:34 AM »
Way back in the early 70s every one in Iran ran about in Macks and Leylands with some Mercedes thrown in. It was said that the Guy that was in charge of the show back then would not have any thing from the Commy countries but who knows. I like the Turkish built BMC parked in the bushes next to the Ford Tanker.     Bob.

To me it looks like a Ford cab.

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 12:42:06 PM »
Bengt. Back in the day the British Motor Corporation( B M C ) built a new factory in Scotland and this cab was designed there they called it the G cab. It was used on the Clydesdale, Reiver, Boxer and Mastiff. When they closed the factory they shipped the Presses and tools out to their factory in Turkey I think it was a place called Izmit. I first seen them in the late 70s running about Turkey grossly overloaded as they did back then.       Bob.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 12:42:06 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs