If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: FedEx limiting all trucks to 65mph.  (Read 1139 times)

Jon_G

Re: FedEx limiting all trucks to 65mph.
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 08:41:16 PM »
Trucks should be able to go with the flow of traffic, not substantially faster, or slower.
Exactly my point also.

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 08:41:16 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2017, 07:33:27 AM »
This is a good video put out by OODIA that shows how speed limiters are dangerous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdZnQNEInSE

roog

I still don't agree with their reasoning....if the truck being passed pays attention and slows down to always let the passing truck pass, regardless of the speed....we won't have an issue.

The issue still remains though....the truck being passed doesn't "get it" and sits there in la-la land.

Wee Willy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2017, 06:41:15 AM »
I still don't agree with their reasoning....if the truck being passed pays attention and slows down to always let the passing truck pass, regardless of the speed....we won't have an issue.

The issue still remains though....the truck being passed doesn't "get it" and sits there in la-la land.

You obviously get it, (atta boy), which is the difference between a professional driver and the other kind of driver. 8) 8)

I see that video as a big whine produced by a bunch of potato heads with an agenda, propaganda for the simple minded masses.
 When the alleged doctor starts talking about fatigue being greater at 63 mph than at 70 mph I laughed and wondered why he didn't mention common courtesy and respect which would solve everything.
 It seems obvious throughout the video that pollution, wasted fuel, premature wear and tear on vehicles and infrastructure and the laws of physics in relation to speed are not really concerns to these people.

I've been listening to daily commuters and truck drivers whining about company speed limits and how they can't keep up to traffic or can't pass other vehicles since since I started driving back in 1972, and it always amuses me.
 I was the trucker sitting at the back of the coffee shop, far away from the tourists and "professional truck drivers only" section, but I could still hear them all whining.
The first rule of the road is:
"If anything can happen, at any time, it will!"

Truckmatt

• Regular Membership
  • FedEx Ground
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2017, 09:38:19 PM »
Well, I had my first day of 65mph maximum. Got caught behind a couple 60mph campers for a bit.  I used to move over early, upon seeing them, and could go by fairly easy, limiting my left lane time. Now I wait until I get closer, so I don't back up traffic, causing the impatient to pass on the right. This also increases the chance I will have to slow and wait for an opening.
1 time I moved over to allow a covered wagon to merge, he promptly rode right at my trailer duals, not letting me back over. I noticed a slower camper coming up in the right lane, so I just rode the left lane for a couple miles until I caught up to him, which forced the covered wagon to slow, and he got caught in the right lane due to traffic piling up behind me, after passing I moved right.
Running center lane down I-271 through Cleveland, and later I-71 in Columbus, I had several vehicles pass on both sides, then both would try for the center lane. Speed limit in both areas is 65mph, traffic is traveling closer to 75. I always run the right lane on I-71 in the country between Cleveland and Columbus, moving over only to pass. Not much different there, except I rarely had to move over.
I also notice that when there is a vehicle on the shoulder with hazards on, I have difficulty getting over a lane, as required by law.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2017, 09:38:19 PM »