If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: LONDON AND NORTH TO CLIFFORD 2017  (Read 352 times)

JJG

LONDON AND NORTH TO CLIFFORD 2017
« on: July 15, 2017, 10:04:49 PM »
I have a bit of a soft spot for London town as I spent a good portion of my life there (and surrounding area) so when we travel back to the region, it is always a pleasure to take a drive through some of it and north of London was always one of my favorite parts. A lot of interesting farm related transport going on. Here is a series that we took while going to Clifford truck show, starting with Friday morning, at our 1st night stay at the Airport Inn, here is a typical Ontario spec'd dump truck to start it off, an FLD 120 SBA chassis

and right after was this fine Mack Granite with spoke wheels to boot, haven't seen that in a while!!

not the best shot but when will I get the chance to nab a CAT in these specs

can't pass up a KW T800 when it has Earl Paddock on the doors......later i was able to catch more at the show, who knew

still in London a Mack Pinnacle with a live floor multi axle trailer

leaving London northbound on HWY #4, a Mack Granite flat deck

off set cab Mack concrete mixer near Lucan

coming out of Exeter is this Western Star dry bulk tanker

a mean looking KW T660 from CNTL in Exeter

near Hensall is a SB Peterbilt

love the small town settings as this Pete makes it's way thru town

Vanastra makes for this cool Mack Granite

Freightliner FLD 120 with a 5 axles grain trailer is in Hensall

downtown Clinton is the scene for this Cascadia 4 axle tanker, can't remember the name of the carrier tho T.D. Smith of Mt.Forest  but they have run the this region for years

heavy duty IH 7400 in Ontario specs

in Goderich, we just had to check out this town, had a little time to enjoy a detour, the Beer Store making deliveries in the lake town

BONUS SHOT: the view of the port of Goderich

more to come,

Jim

« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 11:12:10 PM by JJG »

Hank's Truck Forum

LONDON AND NORTH TO CLIFFORD 2017
« on: July 15, 2017, 10:04:49 PM »

JJG

Re: LONDON AND NORTH TO CLIFFORD 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 11:15:58 AM »
At Goderich, HWY #8 ends at Hwy 21, we headed north on 21 to HWY #9, here is an IH 9900ix day cab grain B-train on that stretch

then on to Kincardine were 21 meets HWY 9, we find the ever popular Miller Contracting Peterbilt dumper at work

then EB on 9, all of these shots are between Kincardine and Walkerton, a Volvo VHD feed truck head west

clean Western Star 4900 SBA dump

work in progress here sports an RD Mack and a VHD Peterilt along with e Deere excavator in the field and a KW looking to offer it a ride elsewhere?

interesting straight truck and trailer combo making use of IH featuring the rugged little 7400 Workstar looking big

in the town of Mildmay is this stellar 1st gen Coronado obeying a red traffic signal

then between Mildmay to Minto (Clifford) we found the following, a White GMC that did end up in the show

a Lonestar pulling out of a fuel bar

lots of his siblings were in the show but he did not make it

we first headed up to Mt. Forest first to check into out hotel......that was a mistake but that's another sorry, then went back to Clifford. This pic is entering Mt' Forest

then back in Clifford, entering the show grounds is this old Mustang from Hutton......which they miraculously restored before the show began? You'll see, it's in the show ....with a trailer ::) ..........NOT!

BONUS SHOT:

to views of the Algorail in the harbour anchored in Goderich

« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:54:18 PM by JJG »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 11:42:48 AM »
Gotta love small towns & the traffic one sees in them. :) 8)

JJG

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 12:01:33 PM »
Thanks Charlie, didn't quite get done the post and got interrupted so you might want to take another look, some bonus pics just up your alley :)

Jim.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 12:28:35 PM »
It's amazing to me that you can see a big ship like the ALGORAIL so up close & personal. 8) That's the way it used to be down here in my area.........September 11 2001 put an end to that stuff. :( Now the ships are behind barbed wire fences and security checking your every move.

doug mckenzie

• Regular Membership
  • Doug McKenzie
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 05:02:04 AM »

Nice series Jim'

You probably caught more trucks in that one short trip than I ever remember seeing during the short year I temporarily resided in Mildmay.
Right-wing Old School.

Jon_G

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 07:46:04 PM »

Great catches Jim, really interesting find on that International Workstar truck-trailer tanker. I can't recall ever seeing anything like that before.

Jon

JJG

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 11:58:05 PM »

Great catches Jim, really interesting find on that International Workstar truck-trailer tanker. I can't recall ever seeing anything like that before.

Jon

You're right Jon, interesting for there for sure. Oddly enough I catch set ups like that here in BC but they are based in WA State. The only difference being the lift axle on the truck is a single instead of duals found on the Ontario truck.

Jim

JJG

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 12:24:07 AM »
It certainly did seem like a good day to be on the road Doug, quite impressed with the truck traffic, the 4 wheeler traffic was light in spite of the fact that a long weekend was at hand. In our region, seems most take 5 day weekends each long weekend.

While in Mt. Forest, here are a few of the local shots, starting with  dump bodies and snow plows from local manufacturer Viking Cives,  a new Western Star 4700

IH Workstar ready for winter combat for some township/town

Western Star 4900 in the industrial section

Sterling 3 axle gravel conveyer belt trailer

a Cascadia with plenty of axles under a wood chip trailer trash hualer with Michigan specs, thanks OSO

a 379 getting soaked in one of the weekends down pours

Jim
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:30:03 PM by JJG »

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 06:29:50 AM »
The Pete 379 is so beautiful.

Hanky

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 11:53:11 AM »
Looks very much like our member Paystar's truck, the Blue Western Star dump in the second set of pictures.

Oso2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 04:26:00 PM »
Nice pictures - I like the Mack with the walking floor.

That Cascadia with the walking floor isn't a wood chip truck. If you look closely you can see that it's a closed top trailer (the bevel gives it away).  And the most common (the only?) commodity to be loaded into closed top walking floors is......garbage. Maybe recycling. But the Michigan axles says that this thing is spec'd to visit a US landfill every day.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Jon_G

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 09:01:01 PM »

Jon

You're right Jon, interesting for there for sure. Oddly enough I catch set ups like that here in BC but they are based in WA State. The only difference being the lift axle on the truck is a single instead of duals found on the Ontario truck.

Jim
The only thing I can compare it to from what I have seen is the truck-trailer tankers operating on the west coast, which as you said, have a lift axle usually.

Jon

JJG

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 09:27:05 PM »
Nice pictures - I like the Mack with the walking floor.

That Cascadia with the walking floor isn't a wood chip truck. If you look closely you can see that it's a closed top trailer (the bevel gives it away).  And the most common (the only?) commodity to be loaded into closed top walking floors is......garbage. Maybe recycling. But the Michigan axles says that this thing is spec'd to visit a US landfill every day.

Thanks OSO, good eye and oddly enough I pondered over how to title that bad boy and never thought to look at the roof! It had too nice a look for garbage hauler but the axles do explain it for sure. I'll change it in the script........

Jim.

JJG

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 09:33:09 PM »
Looks very much like our member Paystar's truck, the Blue Western Star dump in the second set of pictures.

Sure does have the look of Hanky, he would be a ways from home tho if he is in Paystar's countryside.........maybe he will step forward and claim either yea or nay

Jim.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 09:33:09 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs