If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: #newmack  (Read 2166 times)

TexasBinder1

• Regular Membership
#newmack
« on: July 10, 2017, 11:43:27 AM »
This is going to be a game changer. I was able to touch this truck in PA. Someone asked will it be a little splash like the new Western Star? I said more like when the Prostar came out what it did for INTL.

Stay tuned...

https://youtu.be/QoPQzmTEkXU

Hank's Truck Forum

#newmack
« on: July 10, 2017, 11:43:27 AM »

mooby346

• Regular Membership
Re: #newmack
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 06:41:10 PM »
Interesting. Since you've seen it, can you tell us if they are going for a more aero, fuel efficient, Cascadia/Prostar competitor? Or is it more along the lines of a replacement for the Titan (I'm still sad to see that go). Either way, won't matter if they price it out of the market.

Oso2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 06:53:13 PM »
There were some teaser pics of the grille and dash on the website. My guess is that the new design will be a more rounded version of the CH. Am I wrong?
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

mooby346

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 06:58:59 PM »
There were some teaser pics of the grille and dash on the website. My guess is that the new design will be a more rounded version of the CH. Am I wrong?

If it's the same one that was posted back in April as a SBFA Pinnacle replacement, I hope that previous look was just a testing design and they tweaked it some more.

Jon_G

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 07:42:21 PM »

It was almost certainly a camouflaged prototype. Sharkey is an official Mack dealer, so they would be pretty careless to be running it around undisguised since they represent the manufacturer. The video was cool, it almost looks like a design that harkens back to the CH a bit with the squarer fenders. I will be interested to see what it looks like.

Jon

Ray F

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 04:01:52 AM »
For love of Goodness, just bring back the Super Dog  8)

#RevivetheSuperliner2017#Idontknowwhatimdoingwiththesehashbrownslol

;D ;D

TexasBinder1

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 10:15:38 AM »
To answer your question. It definitely will take Mack into the Aerofuel efficiency game but it does not look like the New Prostar LT, KW or Freightliner in my mind are all morphing into the same shape hood and truck. The hood and grill is more pronounced and square if you will which I think a lot of people will like even though it was designed for fuel economy.

The design and fit and finish are what will set it apart.

As some have mentioned elsewhere, its a change that's been way overdue on the CXU and CXU - the Granite will also get new interior this year so all around should be good stuff out of PA

james j neiweem

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 08:42:20 AM »
Will this design just apply to the CXU or the CHU also.

Oso2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 01:54:48 PM »
So TexasBinder, can you tell us if the interior is finished in grey? Or have the chosen something more liveable?

TexasBinder1

• Regular Membership
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 09:59:38 AM »

Oso2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 08:21:29 PM »
http://mackus.liquidint.com/community/mack-news/2017/mack-announces-partnership-with-mack/

Lot of shots of the interior and hood

Here are a couple of screenshots. It looks like they used the same dash assembly as the old one - except for the dash panels. They have some kind of black square cutout thing going - it reminds me of an old International S-series. I prefer the old dash. They also changed the location of some guages - no biggie.

The sleeper looks like a modern design, which is good. I'mnot crazy about the grey, although I did notice that they used lighter ceiling panels, which makes a big difference, imho. God knows how all this will turn out in person.

coloradogreen

• 10-4 Magazine
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2017, 02:15:12 AM »
It's going to do for Mack what the Prostar did for International?

Soooo... it's going to nearly bankrupt them with warranty issues? Great.

Here's what most don't know about Mack:

Yeah, they're tough(ish) trucks, but, their parts are stupidly expensive (which is part of why they have always had a smaller market share).

How expensive you ask? A "genuine" chrome grille for a Mack Granite is $700...

And that grille is a molded piece of plastic with a (shoddy) layer of chrome on it.

That arm rest on the door? $250... yup, that itty bitty little arm rest probably costs as much as your smart phone did...

Keep in mind, we're just talking simple little trim pieces at these prices... to say nothing of their mechanical components.

If you needed a stick to work on an engine, a Cummins or Detroit could use any old stick lying around... The stick to work on a Cat would be $500 and be painted Cat yellow and have the Cat logo emblazoned on it.

And the stick to work on the Mack would cost you $900 and it wouldn't even say "Mack" on it...

The last "game changing" truck was the uniglass hood Kenworth's...
OWNER-OPERATOR

"Suzie-Q"

IMAGES COPYRIGHT TROY MILLER/ 10-4 MAGAZINE

Contributor 10-4 Magazine

Oso2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2017, 04:38:18 PM »
It's going to do for Mack what the Prostar did for International?

Soooo... it's going to nearly bankrupt them with warranty issues? Great.

The Prostar was/is a decent truck, and had nothing to do with International's near death experience. It was the lemon that was the Maxxforce engine, specifically the gamble on massive egr, that nearly killed International, not the truck.

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2017, 07:48:25 PM »
What Oso said. The Prostar was (and still is as the LT) a huge success.  Nothing to do with the bad decision to go forward with the first generation of the Maxx Force.
The New Generation: 'You have what we call an irrational sense of entitlement. It won't kill you, but it will cause you to believe that you deserve top pay for doing nothing.'

james j neiweem

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2017, 10:29:14 AM »
Will this new game changer apply to the CHU as well as the CXU.?

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2017, 10:29:14 AM »