If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Hello from the Midwest!  (Read 531 times)

N84434

• Regular Membership
Hello from the Midwest!
« on: June 19, 2017, 07:12:02 AM »
Hello fellow forum members;
I'm not a driver, just a fan of COE's for a long time and sure miss seeing them on the road, but as I understand it, they were tough on the drivers. Looking forward to the Iowa 80 Jamboree in a month and also looking forward to reading and learning more about these fantastic machines
Commuter who is always on the lookout for COE's on the road

Hank's Truck Forum

Hello from the Midwest!
« on: June 19, 2017, 07:12:02 AM »

Jon_G

Re: Hello from the Midwest!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 09:25:42 AM »

Welcome! I can relate, love the COEs as well. As far as rough ride, depends on the truck. Air ride goes a long way, and the modern versions used in Europe and Australia, from hearing comparisons, are pretty smooth. If you can and want to, would love to see some photos from Iowa 80 as well! Was hoping to go this year but have another trip instead.

Jon

N84434

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 08:30:00 AM »
Hi Jon;
 Thanks for the welcome.
 I'll be taking lots of photos, so I'll upload them after I'm back home. I drive from Milwaukee to O'Hare in Chicago 5 days a week and I'm always on the look out for interesting rigs. I do see the occasional Cab Over heading either north or south on I-94, but I miss seeing them..

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 08:52:40 AM »
Milwaukee to O'Hare.......not a pleasant trip IMHO but quite a lot of interesting trucks heading every which way plus a few truck stops and an Oasis to boot. I always enjoyed taking photos in this area but the traffic's murder. >:( Welcome aboard & looking forward to your posts. :)

tery

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 11:04:55 AM »
Welcome to the forum !
I am a cabover  guy too - I could always truck harder in one .
---------- Keep On Trucking ----------

N84434

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 04:57:09 AM »
Milwaukee to O'Hare.......not a pleasant trip IMHO but quite a lot of interesting trucks heading every which way plus a few truck stops and an Oasis to boot. I always enjoyed taking photos in this area but the traffic's murder. >:( Welcome aboard & looking forward to your posts. :)

Thanks for the welcome Charlie. Actually, the traffic is really not bad for me. I leave my house around 0415 and I rarely see more than a few cars on the road. I exit I-90 at the north end of O'Hare, so I don't go far enough south to hit all the city traffic. Coming home in the afternoon, I leave work at 2pm, so again, not much traffic. Holiday weekends traffic can get a little bogged down, but I haven't had many issues so far.
As far as interesting trucks, I see an older Blue COE (I think it's a Ford) about 3 times a month heading either north or south on I-94.

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 01:17:35 PM »
Welcome!

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 01:17:35 PM »