Author Topic: Bye Bye Dave Faust Collection  (Read 277 times)

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Bye Bye Dave Faust Collection
« on: June 09, 2017, 02:18:00 PM »
I was gone overnight & just turned on the computer to check out updates on the HTP main site and find out the Dave Faust Collection has been removed per his request. :o :( I will definetly miss his photos..........it was my go to place for checking out things both old & new especially LTL. I would have thought with all the safeguards Hank put in place on his photos that folks using them without his permission would have been resolved but I guess not. :-\

tery

• Regular Membership
Re: Bye Bye Dave Faust Collection
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 03:21:31 PM »
David Faust's photos were among the best ... he will be missed .
- The Cabover days were the best days -

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 07:26:33 PM »
What was the straw that broke the camel's back?

The Yellow Line

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 08:17:35 AM »
It is sad when the last resort is to remove your entire collection because some people do not have respect for your photos. Dave and I have had numerous "battles" with people who do not understand that our photos are our work and that so much time and money have gone into getting these pictures only to have someone take them without permission and re post them as there own ! The majority enjoy looking at the photos, and that is why Hank has created this site, but there are numerous people who think it is their "right" to steal them only because if they are on the internet, it is there for the taking!!
As for my photo collection, Hank has blocked enlarging them from a thumbnail so if they want to steal them, they will only get a thumbnail size picture. I too, am thinking about removing my collection only because they are showing up on many Facebook sites with rude people who think they can steal them and re post them claiming that they were the one's who took them. 
As for Dave and I, we both have enough of drama in our lives that we don't need any more......

Chris :'(   
Always follow The Yellow Line

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 03:35:46 PM »
I wonder if he'll remove all his photos that are on Greg_E's LTL Archive or can we still look at them there? ???

hwyhaulier

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 06:57:32 AM »
Charlie - Lodge Members -

GASP! Let the record show this one in your writer's, "I told you so" file. So Dave estimated it
enough with "hit and run" artists. The practice of grabbing links from established sites. Then,
to add to the outrage, the "perp" does not properly credit sources and then with, clearly,
no direct approval from the source site.

Sad to say... This event near pre-scripted. It had an inevitable outcome. Your writer has
whined and complained about all this, and for years... Seen this one coming! ...

......................... Vern  ......................

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 07:36:48 AM »
The decision of David is very sad. His huge and highly diversified site was a fantastic source of information for anybody
interested in the NA transport industry. Moreover, David hosted the pictures of other photographers including myself. The web
has nice qualities and offer great opportunities but it also a wide open door for the small mindedness of the human being.